PDA

View Full Version : Still no information...

DarkReign2021
03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
This is kind of ridiculous to be completely honest. I was so certain 343 was going to capitalize on the Leap Year being the day to reveal Halo 4 to the world like the Finnish Magazine had hinted, and yet another day goes by with nothing. Not even a drop. And yet another Waypoint weekly update, another 343 Sparkast and still nothing...

Anybody else convinced Halo 4 isn't going to make it's 2012 deadline? I'm almost all but certain we aren't going to see the game release until 2013. I just hope 343 doesn't turn into another Valve/Gearbox/etc... with their infamy regarding delays.

That said, lets discuss something somewhat off topic, but still enough on topic that it justifies it's purpose of being here. What else do you think 343 has in store for us in the future?

Obviously Halo 4-6 are confirmed, but do you think that's all they plan on working on, Halo or otherwise? They've been working on Halo 4 since 2007 and they managed to squeeze in the CEA production in the middle. They've shown their competence in managing multiple projects and also shown their willingness to contract outside companies and utilize outside talents to work on their projects (As is the case with Team Saber and Certain Affinity.) This gives them a good deal of maneuvering room to reach out and expand into other territories. I can only hope they have other Halo titles planned out (C'mon Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo Wars 2) but I'm curious if they'll ever branch out away from Halo. As amazing as the Halo series is, working for a company that develops the same series 100% exclusively will eventually get stale and start to produce low-quality products.

Real Teagy SOT
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Very interesting opinion :) i agree with you on the over production if constantly working on halo to go low value products. but im hopeful that they keep it alive as halo is my favourite sci-fi universe followed by mass effect but still.

i cant think of anything else to say at the moment.

MixMaker1
03-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Embargo is lifted on Monday. Both SP and MP will be shown according to a couple people who leaked it.

LickableLemons7
03-02-2012, 09:42 PM
What's this about an embargo? And by whom?

MixMaker1
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
What's this about an embargo? And by whom?
From the spring showcase. A few journalists, who defied their NDA's, accidentally tweeted out confirming they saw Halo 4 there.

CMCX360
03-04-2012, 03:17 AM
So, because they are keeping one of the most highly anticipated games of the year secret, you think they aren't going to meet the deadline of this fall?

Quite frankly, this is building the hype for me. I can't wait for the first information they release, whatever it is, whenever it is, even if it's a day before release.

Graboids
03-04-2012, 06:46 PM
The game has been in development for 2+ years now. It is being released this year it is just that they didn't want to start releasing details to early because by the time the game would be released then we would know everything about the game. Remember it isn't coming out for another 5+ months.

Information will be released tomorrow. Many sources have already confirmed that Halo was at the Xbox Spring Showcase. Game Informer confirmed Halo 4 information will be in the magazine released March 15th and G4 has stated they will have information tomorrow.

Halo 4 information will now start coming more often now that we are getting closer to an undisclosed release date.

MixMaker1
03-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Two images have leaked. And halo 4 looks jaw dropping.

Halo 3 BR is back too! Chief's armor looks stunning too.

Are we allowed to post leaked images here?

Jawsant
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM

I saw them too, it reminds me of the post Halo Reach days, all they need to do is make firefight more like ODST firefight, and add a new forge map. If they do that than they will be golden :)

Cubose1000
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope they give out some good Halo 4 info soon, but what i would really like to see is Halo Wars 2. Halo Wars was a great game to play with friends, and it was really good.

anorexicwes
03-05-2012, 11:59 AM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-05-first-in-game-halo-4-screenshots-revealed

Scottcool
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Here is the new vidoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tp8Gc6Op7ew