PDA

View Full Version : When searching for items...

kormac
08-20-2007, 12:02 AM
It seems when you finish the game, the record of everything you found - whether it be tonics, plasmids or diaries - gets wiped out when you start a new game.

In other words you have to find every item in the one game.

Now here's my question to those who have played the game: Are there any times when you pass a "trigger point" and get forced into the next level? No spoilers needed, just yes or no thanks.

The reason I ask, is because if you are not familiar with an area, you could potentially finish that level without meaning to and then not able to backtrack to find something you missed earlier.

Are the exits to a level obvious or are the times when you simply trigger a cutscene and boom, gone past the point of no return.

Cheers,

K00PA TR00PA
08-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Its a little of both. You can always tell when your about to finish a level but there are some levels where "something" happens and you cant backtrack.

kormac
08-20-2007, 12:17 AM
I see.

I've read that the very first bit of the game, where the demo ends is blocked off for good. But some people also reckon before you beat the final boss you can backtrack virtually everywhere.

I might wait until there's a definate list of diaries and tonics etc. before I start. Playing through twice should be enough I think!

Thanks for the headsup KOOPA TROOPA!

alex4283
08-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Make sure to check your map and not go to the Goal area until you are positive you haven't missed anything.

flip
08-20-2007, 03:47 AM
yes, the only place that you can not backtrack is the place where the demo ends, other than that, you can backtrack to anywhere in the wonderful city of Rapture

kormac
08-20-2007, 04:15 AM
awesome news!

yeah i was wondering about the map. in the demo it seems lo clearly lable the objective of the level, so i'll just have to comb every room leading up to the final area. :)

and the fact you can backtrack anywhere except the very start area is cool too!