PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

merzitar
03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
The full achievement list has been revealed HERE (http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=6&l=en&JeuID=1530).
Very sexy list, if I do say so myself! My only problem with it is that the story progression achievements on Silent Hill 3 are... not so much story progression lol. It is one list of 50 Achievements worth 1000G. I have marked Silent Hill 2 achievements in Blue and Silent Hill 3 achievements in Orange.

She Would Be Proud
Unlock all Achievements in SH2.

Free to Go
Unlock the “Leave” ending.

Second Best
Unlock the “Maria” ending.

Goodbye
Unlock the “In Water” ending.

Say Your Prayers
Unlock the “Rebirth” ending.

It All Makes Sense Now
Unlock the “Dog” ending.

Never to be Heard from Again
Unlock the “UFO” ending.

Warp Speed
Complete SH2 in 3 hours or less.

Overkill
Acquire the Chainsaw.

Who Needs a Gun?
Acquire the Green Hyper Spray.

Playing on the Edge
Complete SH2 with 2 saves or less.

Keep Your Distance
Defeat at least 75 enemies by shooting in SH2.

Melee Master
Defeat at least 75 enemies by fighting in SH2.

Keen Eye
Find at least 150 items + extra items in SH2.

Don’t Keep Her Waiting
Complete Boat Stage in less than 1 min 20 seconds.

Hard to Hit
Receive less than 500 points of damage in one game, in SH2.

Childhood Trauma
Defeat Abstract Daddy.

I Don’t Need You Anymore
Defeat Pyramid Head.

Where’s that Letter!?
Defeat Flesh Lips.

Say Goodbye
Defeat Mary.

Restless Dreams
Unlock the “Born from a Wish” ending.

I.Q. Test
Complete SH2 on Extra Riddle difficulty.

Fountain of Youth
Acquire the White Chrism.

Not So Lost Memories
Acquire the book of Lost Memories.

Unholy Grail
Acquire the Obsidian Goblet.

Light Reading
Acquire the book of Crimson Ceremony.

Man’s Best Friend
Acquire the Dog Key.

We’re Not Alone
Acquire the Blue Gem.

Time to Roll the Credits
Unlock all Achievements in SH3.

I’m Normal I Promise
Unlock the “Normal” ending.

It Was All in Your Head
Unlock the “Possesed” ending.

Coolest. Dad. Ever.
Unlock the “UFO” ending.

Adrenaline Junkie
Complete SH3 in 3 hours or less.

Wall Basher
Acquire the Silencer.

There’s a New Sheriff in Town
Acquire the Beam Saber.

Flame On
Acquire the Flamethrower.

What the Hill Just Happened?
Acquire the Gold and Silver pipes.

Makes My Head Hurt
Complete SH3 with 2 saves or less.

If Looks Could Kill
Unlock the Heather Beam.

Where’s Luna?
Unlock the “Princess Heart” costume

Heather’s Got a Gun
Acquire the Unlimited Submachine Gun.

Pest Control
Defeat Split Worm in under 2 minutes.

Eye For an Eye
Defeat Missionary in under 2 minutes.

A Time to Kill
Defeat Leonard in under 3 minutes.

Lost Memory
Defeat Memory of Alessa in under 3 minutes.

Blasphemy
Defeat God in under 8 minutes.

This Isn’t an FPS!
Defeat at least 75 enemies by shooting in SH3.

They Look like Monsters to You?
Defeat at least 75 enemies by fighting in SH3.

Hoarder
Pick up at least 100 items in SH3.

Ninja
Receive less than 500 points of damage in one game, in SH3.

SilentHill002
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Are these definitely the achievements? I checked that link and it has no source for where they got the list. Oh well, if this is it then it is going to be a bit challenging on some things.

merzitar
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Are these definitely the achievements? I checked that link and it has no source for where they got the list. Oh well, if this is it then it is going to be a bit challenging on some things.
The website has never been incorrect, so I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be wrong. They're basically a French version of Xbox360Achievements.org

Ceris
03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
That first one on the list looks like a PS3 platinum... How would that work on Xbox? Also, Extra level for puzzle difficulty? Was I missing something from SH2 or is this new?

Coolest. Dad. Ever.
Unlock the “UFO” ending. Made my laugh so hard because it is so true xD I love that ending!

Fountain of Youth
Acquire the White Chrism.

Not So Lost Memories
Acquire the book of Lost Memories.

Unholy Grail
Acquire the Obsidian Goblet.

Light Reading
Acquire the book of Crimson Ceremony.

Man’s Best Friend
Acquire the Dog Key.

We’re Not Alone
Acquire the Blue Gem. Sounds like they're just handing out achievements :O

Don’t Keep Her Waiting
Complete Boat Stage in less than 1 min 20 seconds. Is this difficult? I never payed attention to time before...

merzitar
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
That first one on the list looks like a PS3 platinum... How would that work on Xbox? Also, Extra level for puzzle difficulty? Was I missing something from SH2 or is this new?
Yeah, sometimes they do a copy & paste achievement list and keep the 'ALL' achievement in there. They did it with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD for sure and it does annoy me, but it's not the end of the world really.

And I think, if you completed Silent Hill 2 on all three riddle difficulties, it added a fourth one.

Ceris
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, sometimes they do a copy & paste achievement list and keep the 'ALL' achievement in there. They did it with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD for sure and it does annoy me, but it's not the end of the world really.

And I think, if you completed Silent Hill 2 on all three riddle difficulties, it added a fourth one.
I didn't get the MGS HD collection. Do you get the ALL achievement for getting every single other achievement? Kinda like you get Serah's Gamerpicture in FFXIII for getting ALL achievements in the game.

And can someone confirm the puzzle thing? I loaned my game out to my cousin so I can't check...

merzitar
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I didn't get the MGS HD collection. Do you get the ALL achievement for getting every single other achievement? Kinda like you get Serah's Gamerpicture in FFXIII for getting ALL achievements in the game.

And can someone confirm the puzzle thing? I loaned my game out to my cousin so I can't check...

Yup, once you unlock the other 49 achievements, the 50th achievement will unlock. Only Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD of the collection has this though. In case you don't know, it had two separate achievement lists:

Metal Gear Solid HD = 50 achievements worth 1000G across two games, MGS2 and MGS3.

MGS PEACE WALKER HD = 50 achievements worth 1000G for Peace Walker alone.

Silent Hill HD has two ALL achievements, but it'll work in the same basic way, so when you unlock a certain amount of achievements, it'll unlock one extra one ^_^

lazygammer13
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
This OP's list is correct. If you want the original link, it's right here: http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=6&l=en&JeuID=1530

Ceris
03-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Who Needs a Gun?
Acquire the Green Hyper Spray.
Fun fun..... I just looked this up, and it required a 10* playthrough. I was hoping the game wouldn't require that since I have never done it :(

zhoban
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Fun fun..... I just looked this up, and it required a 10* playthrough. I was hoping the game wouldn't require that since I have never done it :(
That is not going to be something I will be enjoying. It is very hard to get a 10 Star Ranking. Hopefully they fixed it whereas originally if you got the Green Hyper Spray,, if you didn't get a 10 Star Ranking on your very next playthrough it went away.

zhoban
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM

It's true. I did it back on the PS2.

JuSt BLaZe
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Huh finally some SPEED-RUN achievements (Warp Speed, Adrenaline Junkie). Nice. Also "Playing on the Edge"& "Makes My Head Hurt" are looking interesting haha.

Not to mention the "Kill the boss this fast" achievements. Thanks but no thanks...I'd rather stick to Silent Hill: Downpour & RE ORC after I've completed ME3.

DarthVolod
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Yeah I thought this was an easy list until I saw that. Thankfully, you don't have to 10 star Silent Hill 3 from the looks of it so it is just SH2. Looks like an 4/10 for 975 and a 8 or 9/10 for 1000.

The only thing that makes 10 star easier is the Dog Ending, but even still it is very hard. Kind of like the Dead Space 2 Hard to the Core, but way way harder since Dead Space 2 was pretty easy and it only took me 1 or 2 restarts to get to the first place I used a save (and there was no time limit, item requirements, or a counter of enemies I need to kill in certain ways).

I suppose that is one way of looking at the 10 star though ... if you can get to the first place you should save (hospital for SH2) then you don't have to repeat the first part of the game assuming you did everything right. The second save should probably be around the Eddy fight so once you get there you are kind of home free.

One way to think of it is that you are not doing one hard run but rather 3 difficult sections of the game, and once you do one right you never have to go back and do it again.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I've never heard of the 10 star ranking in SH games before but from what I've read so far... I'm a liiittle bit scared now :(

and I thought the dog tags in MGS 2 was already hard.

BurningStickMan
03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Donít Keep Her Waiting
Complete Boat Stage in less than 1 min 20 seconds.
Is this difficult? I never payed attention to time before...

This is the part in SH2 where you have to row toward the lighthouse, right? I remember it took me forever, but I hadn't figured out which way to go yet. So I assume this breaks down to heading toward the light in the fog and mashing the row controls.

Anyone remember how the different endings work? Will it be easy enough to drop saves throughout the game at the different triggers, without having to replay the whole game multiple times?

Andrew14man
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
been waiting for this list for toooo long.

thought the achievements would be more vaired but whatever.

I hope you can put in the cheats in SH3 for the costumes without having to actually unlock them.

Creazil
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Perfect Achievement list! The SH3 ones for unlocking the saber beam and the costume brings back some memories from PS2! Oh, I can't wait!

lowtek
03-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Looks a bit tricky but I'll definitely be giving full completion a go!

Gary Ablett Jr
03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
A challenging list. I sense a broken controller already. Finish SH2 and 3 in under 3 hours? Finish both with only 2 saves? Finish both while receiving no more than 500 points of damage? Unless you're playing on the easiest of difficulties, they're quite brutal.

HabsCen10ial
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I've never played SH2 or SH3 so I have no idea what I'm up against but the list didn't sound that bad when I first looked at it.

erspence
03-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Honestly a pretty easy achievement list. I wouldnt put the difficulty over 4/10. However, it will be time consuming due to multiple playthroughs of each game to get them all. Only semi difficult one is getting 10 stars which really isnt hard once you know the game well enough in what you can/cant do.

For the ones that seem hard, focus on only one per playthrough if you cant do a couple at once. (Do one runthrough focusing on not going over 500 damage, do another runthrough focusing on killing 75 enemies a certain way, etc.) Saving and reloading if you mess up is your friend. You can knock out the dont save more then twice/finish the game in under 3 hours easily at the same time as I remember doing speed runs of both game and easily coming in under 2 hours.

Ceris
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Found an old pic for SH3 results screen. I can't see how many saves there were though, since I lost my disc :( It's only 6.4 stars since I didn't fight anything in the game :p
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/el3m3ntthl/Silent%20Hill/pcsx202010-02-2809-08-13-70.jpg

EliteShadowMan
03-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Am i the only one hoping that you can only get one Ending Achievement per playthrough? i'd much rather have to work for it in this game instead of looking at everyone's list and seeing them get the all the ending achievements in a few days.

Ceris
03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Am i the only one hoping that you can only get one Ending Achievement per playthrough? i'd much rather have to work for it in this game instead of looking at everyone's list and seeing them get the all the ending achievements in a few days.
It's not like it takes a while to get through the games. As shown above, I beat SH3 in 1hr 40min lol. I also have a pic for Easy difficulty where it took 2:12 to get Possessed ending. Right there, ~4 hours and you have 2 of the 3 endings in SH3, add in the hour long UFO ending playthrough, and you have all SH3 achievements in 5 hours!

EliteShadowMan
03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
It's not like it takes a while to get through the games. As shown above, I beat SH3 in 1hr 40min lol. I also have a pic for Easy difficulty where it took 2:12 to get Possessed ending. Right there, ~4 hours and you have 2 of the 3 endings in SH3, add in the hour long UFO ending playthrough, and you have all SH3 achievements in 5 hours!

Yeah i suppose that's true. I haven't played SH2 for about a decade though, and SH3 i hadn't even finished or played for quite a while so i have no idea how long it takes for the average player.

psikyono1
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Only 1000g in two games...

EliteShadowMan
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Only 1000g in two games...

And your issue is what exactly?

paradox85
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
It's a decent list. Maybe a few more story-related achievements would have been nice. It's also weird that SH 3 has time limits on boss achievements, but not SH 2.

Ceris
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
It's a decent list. Maybe a few more story-related achievements would have been nice. It's also weird that SH 3 has time limits on boss achievements, but not SH 2.
Instead, SH2 has an achievement for getting 10* in a single run. Seems balanced enough for me. Also, SH3 actually times how long the boss fights last, that is why.