PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is interested, I can try to answer your questions

Suiken
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Seeing as my previous thread was deleted for unknown reasons, I wanted to create another thread in the interest of answering any questions you might have about the game.

The reason I have it is because a local retailer sold the game to me early (I assume accidentally).

So ask away if you want to know before Tuesday...

XBM Yosho
03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Post some Poison/Ken combos ^_^

Sci0n
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I have it to, so your not the only one who go it early.

M1 Punk
03-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Can you invite a friend to a 1 on 1 match and just agree to rematch each other without returning to the lobby? (Like in UMvC3)

Suiken
03-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Post some Poison/Ken combos ^_^

I don't play either of them, sorry. I might dabble with Poison since she is Hugo's canon partner, but I'm more of a grappler player.

I have it to, so your not the only one who go it early.

I wasn't bragging, I was just offering to answer questions. Feel free to chime in yourself instead of just trolling this thread.

Can you invite a friend to a 1 on 1 match and just agree to rematch each other without returning to the lobby? (Like in UMvC3)

Good question. I'll have to try it out and let you know.

Edit: So far I haven't been able to get anyone to join a 1v1 lobby with me. I'll try again today.

kragok
03-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Can you play arcade with another player locally?

Rafie
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Can you play arcade with another player locally?

Not online though....

FatalOrphan
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
yes you can do 2 players arcade local on same console

Rafie
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
yes you can do 2 players arcade local on same console

Right. He did say locally..... my mistake.

XBM Yosho
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Right. He did say locally..... my mistake.

Whoa whoa, Like straight up tag?

Locally I can play ken and my partner can play someone else and if we tag out he controls them?

Like old school DOA 4?

Veedrock
03-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Locally I can play ken and my partner can play someone else and if we tag out he controls them?

Like old school DOA 4?

Not sure how DOA4 did it, but yes it is straight up tag. It's full co-op with both players controlling their own character, if you switch out they're in control or if they do a tag combo input while you're in a combo they'll bring themselves in.

Suiken
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Like old school DOA 4?

Yep. And they have modes for this online too, where 4 players online in a lobby each control a character in the fight.

XBM Yosho
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Yep. And they have modes for this online too, where 4 players online in a lobby each control a character in the fight.

OMG! I used to love that in DOA4. But Since I have gotten away from 3d fighters I am stoked for this!

This has just added more replay ability to the game ^_^

immikeulate
03-06-2012, 04:12 AM
How hard is mission mode so far?

Suiken
03-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I want to warn everyone that so far the netcode for this game seems pretty bad. I'll keep everyone posted, but at this point I find the game unplayable online (and SF4 was near flawless for me). The lag is VERY bad, and every connection I have played indicated a full bar connection.

I'm hoping this is due to the fact that the I played the game early and it has just been officially released, but I just wanted to throw that warning out there.

How hard is mission mode so far?

I got to about 7 out of 20 and it started getting difficult.

M1 Punk
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
I want to warn everyone that so far the netcode for this game seems pretty bad. I'll keep everyone posted, but at this point I find the game unplayable online (and SF4 was near flawless for me). The lag is VERY bad, and every connection I have played indicated a full bar connection.

Yeah I heard about that, let's just hope the day 1 patch fixes that. A lot of people complained about SSF4's online play but for me it was almost perfect every time I played other people with a green bar.

Rafie
03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah I will have my 360 version today. I know the PS3 version has horrendous lag. (I know...I know its the PS3 version after all) Seriously its even more laggier than usual. I can hardly stand to be online. I played a few matches and lost all of them. I got so mad I just went back to trial mode. I'm half way done by the way with trials. They aren't as hard as SSF4, but they are not that easy either.

Suiken
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah I heard about that, let's just hope the day 1 patch fixes that. A lot of people complained about SSF4's online play but for me it was almost perfect every time I played other people with a green bar.

SSF4's online was outstanding, and I've never understood all the hate it gets. I still compare all other fighting games to it.

There was no new patch since the one I downloaded on Friday. I'll check again today, but this worries me alot.

M1 Punk
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
SSF4's online was outstanding, and I've never understood all the hate it gets. I still compare all other fighting games to it.

There was no new patch since the one I downloaded on Friday. I'll check again today, but this worries me alot.
Maybe the patch will be out March 9th because then the game will be available everywhere.

KingMythik
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I know this is sort of a no nooby question, however. I am trying to do the tutorial for the achievement and i can't do number 16. The "cross cancel". Everytime I try i get launched up by Kazuya and it is insanely annoying.

Is there a special tactic, I've read the tutorial by Dan a dozen times but it just won't work... :(

Suiken
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Maybe the patch will be out March 9th because then the game will be available everywhere.

Perhaps. As an update, I finally had a good match today against someone. My hope is that now that more people have the game I am more likely to be paired up with someone with a good connection. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

KingMythik
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Nevermind my question from before. I got it.

KingMythik
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Ok is the lag you guys are talking about online like how I can't hear my characters hitting the opponent or it just not being as responsive as it should be because exactly whats happening to me right now.

Oh and is there a way to reset online stats like UMvC3?

Suiken
03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok is the lag you guys are talking about online like how I can't hear my characters hitting the opponent or it just not being as responsive as it should be because exactly whats happening to me right now.

Its both. The sound issue is a known bug, even for people who are not experiencing lag.

BTW, Zangief and King wanted to say hi... :woop:

KingMythik
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Its both. The sound issue is a known bug, even for people who are not experiencing lag.

BTW, Zangief and King wanted to say hi... :woop:

K thanks for the answer and lol, Ken/Rufus replied with a goodbye while grinning happily as they are victorious :)

Suiken
03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
K thanks for the answer and lol, Ken/Rufus replied with a goodbye while grinning happily as they are victorious :)

Wanna test that out?

KingMythik
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Wanna test that out?

Lol okay but just letting ya know, this my first SF since 2 so.... yeah :)

Veedrock
03-06-2012, 11:26 PM
To anybody that has the Collector's Edition (preferably from somewhere other than Gamestop), did the pre-order Gems (Cross Arts Pack) come inside the box or did you get a separate card with the code?

Gamestop fucked my pre-order so I didn't get the game, hoping I can grab it from another retailer with all the Gem packs. I saw the CE at Best Buy and it advertised the Cross Arts pack on the back, hoping somebody can confirm if it's in the box.

TacticalElusion
03-06-2012, 11:31 PM
To anybody that has the Collector's Edition (preferably from somewhere other than Gamestop), did the pre-order Gems (Cross Arts Pack) come inside the box or did you get a separate card with the code?

Gamestop fucked my pre-order so I didn't get the game, hoping I can grab it from another retailer with all the Gem packs. I saw the CE at Best Buy and it advertised the Cross Arts pack on the back, hoping somebody can confirm if it's in the box.

It's on the back of the instruction sheet for building the arcade piggy bank.

Veedrock
03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
It's on the back of the instruction sheet for building the arcade piggy bank.

Did that code give you all 45 gems? Or was that code just for 36 of them and then another code was the pre-order bonus?

Sorry, I just want to be completely sure before I head back out :/

TacticalElusion
03-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Did that code give you all 45 gems? Or was that code just for 36 of them and then another code was the pre-order bonus?

Sorry, I just want to be completely sure before I head back out :/
The pre order bonus is different depending on which retailer you get it from.
The code that I spokeof gave me all 45. Since I pre ordered from gamestop I got another code for the world warrior pack (attack) which is of no use to me because of the other code.

IceKingz
03-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Question: Why the **** am I so bad yet everyone is so good at this game? That always tends to baffle me especially when the game came out. But in all seriousness how should I look to improve? I'm quite garbage as anyone other than cammy since I main her in SF4.

Suiken
03-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Lol okay but just letting ya know, this my first SF since 2 so.... yeah :)

You were the one saying I wouldn't get near you with Gief/King. Just calling you out on that lol

Its all good. If you want to play I'm down, but I thought you had more experience given the (lighthearted) trash talking you did before.

Suiken
03-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Question: Why the **** am I so bad yet everyone is so good at this game? That always tends to baffle me especially when the game came out. But in all seriousness how should I look to improve? I'm quite garbage as anyone other than cammy since I main her in SF4.

That is such an open-ended question. Are you practicing at all before you hop online? What is causing you problems?

KingMythik
03-07-2012, 05:47 AM
You were the one saying I wouldn't get near you with Gief/King. Just calling you out on that lol

Its all good. If you want to play I'm down, but I thought you had more experience given the (lighthearted) trash talking you did before.

Lol Yea Im down, I mean, I'm not a complete noob but not pro either. Prob in-between beginner and intermediateish.

And the trash talk was all fun and games :)

if you wanna add up and play gt: KingMythik
^ goes for anyone

Veedrock
03-07-2012, 05:50 AM
The pre order bonus is different depending on which retailer you get it from.
The code that I spokeof gave me all 45. Since I pre ordered from gamestop I got another code for the world warrior pack (attack) which is of no use to me because of the other code.

The pre-order bonus varied for the standard edition, but the Collector's Edition was supposed to have it's own pre-order bonus that was universal across retailers. If you check retailers like Amazon and gamestop.com now, their product description says the Collector's Edition comes with 36 gems, because the extra 9 were supposed to be a pre-order bonus.

However, there was no reason not to believe you, so I went out and grabbed a copy at Best Buy, and the code inside did indeed have all 45 Gems (the description of the redeemed item says so for future reference).

Super huge thanks, you are officially my hero :drunk

ImAKing1987
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
So whats the odds they will add Eddy Gordo (from Tekken) in a later DLC pack?