PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow!! When are you going to make that mad dash to (store of choice) ?

PhoenixWolfCub
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
At least for us North American Fans, one day left to wait! So just curious, when will you be making that mad dash to your pre-order store of choice? (If you haven't ordered online.) For UK - What are your pre-order pick up plans for the 9th?

My store doesn't have a midnight release (cry) so will have to wait till lunch time tomorrow (3ish) to run out and get mine.... Ugh, avoiding Youtube is gonna be fun. Is such a tease too since they've had them "in stock" for a week now. :Bounce:

mickjsg
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I ordered from Blockbusters, but it doesn't open til 11am on Friday. They better not keep me waiting. :D

revan112358
03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Gamestop 12:01 am midnight release. I'm going to be standing in the middle of the unwashed masses for my collecters edition. T Minus15 hrs 16mins.

Eggnogga
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Release day shipping from Amazon. I'm working until 5 PM tomorrow, coming home to find the game on my doorstep... at which point I will proceed to to play until sleep calls.

Grifter Reborn
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Getting mine about 5pm local time (after work) at Gamestop. Then I probably won't get any sleep since I'm working all week. Look forward to being a zombie fueled by Red Bull. It'll be worth it. :p

DarkReign2021
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
The place I work has been getting them in stock for about a week now and since I work in Receiving, I've picked up every copy we've moved in. It's so painful not being able to sneak a copy up front to buy it and not have to wait, but I'm not willing to risk my job for it.

Anyway, on topic, I'll be going to my midnight launch tonight. I plan on sleeping most of today so I can pick it up and come home and start playing it.

Lushasf
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Amazon Prime free release date shipping. I work til 5 and my UPS guy doesn't come til 6 anyway, just enough time to get home, grab something to eat and by the time I'm done, it's here.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I just got my pick up notification from Best Buy, I won't be going to midnight launch though, I value a full nights rest far more and I have tomorrow off anyways. So I'll have my copy around the time all the midnighters burn out and fall asleep.

EliteXPhoenix
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Gamefly, i have to wait til 10 AM but i'll be happy either way

DarqStalker
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I live in the current day and age where my games get delivered to my doorstop on the day of release. No need to go out for midnight releases or go to the store to pick up a game.

Scotty
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I live in the current day and age where my games get delivered to my doorstop on the day of release. No need to go out for midnight releases or go to the store to pick up a game.

uh! these savages. its totally beneath one to go venturing into the town to do ones shopping.:p

yeah, im getting mine delivered to my doorstep too. unfortunately im waiting three more days yet living in ol' blighty n' all.

Grifter Reborn
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM

uh! these savages. its totally beneath one to go venturing into the town to do ones shopping.:p

Savages... I prefer "traditionalist" or even "old school". :D

LTC PUDIE 42X
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Heading to Gamestop's midnight release with the hubby around 8pm-ish. Can't stay locked in the house all the time. ;)

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Mines from shopto. So it will b here in a few days.:) its stupid.how games has different releases for different countrys

jules the great
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Gamestop 12:01 am midnight release. I'm going to be standing in the middle of the unwashed masses for my collecters edition. T Minus15 hrs 16mins.

I dont know about this guy because i'll be washed. But like him I'll be midnight release tonight to pick up my copies.

Deyankees1
03-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I work till 5 tomorrow so I'll be picking it up after work. Then I have Wednesday off so I can just play all night.

tkhbecker
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Gamestop. Lumberton, NC. 2200.

niko da bos
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM

mmm, curious what would be a could service / site to get games from (future reference)? i would of loved to have ME3 delivered at my home when i get off work, lol.

if they can get to your place on the release day, thats pretty nice.

i will be going to gamestop, probably harassed and pressured into pre-ordering like 5 more games lmao. its funny how whenever i pick up a game they want me to pre-order more, i still have a few i never got around to picking up.

PhoenixWolfCub
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Getting mine about 5pm local time (after work) at Gamestop. Then I probably won't get any sleep since I'm working all week. Look forward to being a zombie fueled by Red Bull. It'll be worth it. :p

Hear hear! Got the caffeine all ready for my same run. hehe I'm fully expecting to be a total zombie for the better part of the next few days. <3

And to all of you with Midnight releases or same day delivery...
<----- JEALOUS </3

Sinfulfate
03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I ordered it from Newegg and it hasn't shipped yet so I probably wont have it tomorrow. It was only $47 though so I'm not to worry about waiting a few extra days to play it.

Ethereal235
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Gonna get to Gamestop at about 9, get my receipt at around 10, head off for some food, come back at about 11:30. I'll have a decent place in line, so I won't have to wait around through a massive group of people for my game.

Just wish I didn't have to go through a full day of work, or spend so much time waiting around first.

BrassBallz
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM

This. And I'm so totally psyched for this... I may not sleep for several days.

ColdSpider72
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I just got my pick up notification from Best Buy, I won't be going to midnight launch though, I value a full nights rest far more and I have tomorrow off anyways. So I'll have my copy around the time all the midnighters burn out and fall asleep.

The reason I go to the midnight releases is just so I can wake up and play without having to go to the store first. Besides, I live in a smaller area of Florida, so the lines aren't long and I am usually in and out in like 15-20 minutes. I can just show up at 11:30-11:45 and have no problems.

I don't usually start games like this in the middle of the night. I like to start fresh in the day so that I don't burn out after just a couple hours. However, I WILL be playing SF X Tekken tonight, since that is a bit easier to just 'pick up and play' for a couple hours.

Snipe777
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
10am EB GAMES but I must tell the truth I feal really bad becuz for some reason I just cant get that hype about it(ME1 is in my top 3 fav game off all time and ME2 was dumb down a bit with less things to do and places to explore but was still a really good game)so I dont know why I feel like that maybe its cuz I'm scared that the setting of ME3(earth invasion)is gonna give us the feeling that we ave to rush trew the game fast cuz we need to save earth and shit... anybody feels like me or could say something to get me more hype?

Direkin
03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
The store where I've reserved a CE copy will receive their shipment at noon. I'll be there to grab one while they're unpacking the boxes regardless.

13ip0lar
03-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Amazon Prime free release date shipping. I work til 5 and my UPS guy doesn't come til 6 anyway, just enough time to get home, grab something to eat and by the time I'm done, it's here.

Yeah. My guy comes at noon. So I can sleep in, shower, grab something to eat (probably not), and then game for a good 6 hours+. :D

Btw Prime is worthless imo unless you don't preorder a lot of stuff. It gets you free two day on stuff sold by Amazon. Where as RD shipping without prime is $1 and annual membership is like $70? $80? gg

koopakiller64
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah. My guy comes at noon. So I can sleep in, shower, grab something to eat (probably not), and then game for a good 6 hours+. :D

I once gave my UPS guy a box of donuts when he delivered Skyrim at 10AM. Now he always shows up early and gets some breakfast delicacy if its something I really want. He's getting pancakes tomorrow morning.

Quickdraw
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I once gave my UPS guy a box of donuts when he delivered Skyrim at 10AM. Now he always shows up early and gets some breakfast delicacy if its something I really want. He's getting pancakes tomorrow morning.

rofl thats cheap, why didn't i think of that...

Turkdaballa6
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
gonna be at gamestop around 10pm tonight to finalize my order then go to starbucks and wait there as they are open till 11:30 then get my CE copy :D

thatguyinthatplace
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
gonna be at gamestop around 10pm tonight to finalize my order then go to starbucks and wait there as they are open till 11:30 then get my CE copy :D

Good luck, CEs have been sold out everywhere for months. I'll be getting mine at EB Games on the 6th. Can't wait!

Inebriated Jedi
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm picking it up at midnight. I'm getting the CE too! I can't wait to open it up and see all the goodies inside. :D

LordDVS
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM

I live in this same era too. But for games like this, I'd much rather have my game paid off, and in my hand by midnight tonight, than having to wait for "sometime" tomorrow afternoon. I love online shopping, but until they deliver at midnight, I can handle the inconvenience of picking up my game at a brick and mortar.

hotdogenigma
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Cannot wait for this game!! I'm still trying to finish up another new playthrough with a renegade fem-shep. Nearly done ME1, then can dive into ME2. However, I still have my primary save file ready to go!! I love how this game was made by a local company (my home province of Alberta).

colt415
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll just wait tomorrow at 10am when my local Gamestop opens.

mickjsg
03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Cannot wait for this game!! I'm still trying to finish up another new playthrough with a renegade fem-shep. Nearly done ME1, then can dive into ME2. However, I still have my primary save file ready to go!! I love how this game was made by a local company (my home province of Alberta).
I finished my renegade Femshep yesterday. So many people are dead because of her. Even Doctor Chakwas. ;)

ColdSpider72
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Good luck, CEs have been sold out everywhere for months. I'll be getting mine at EB Games on the 6th. Can't wait!

He said he is finalizing his order. That means he already has the CE preordered. No luck needed.

julianportman
03-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Unfortunately, I will be waiting for a guide. :/

13ip0lar
03-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I might be posting this late as I'm sure those of you that reside there know this, but I'm in the States and I don't recall hearing about this: http://www.captainstarball.com/news/inflatable-omni-blade-included-eb-games-exclusive-mass-effect-3-edition

http://captainstarball.com/sites/captainstarball.com/files/imagecache/node_story/masseffect3.jpg

If you live in either New Zealand or Australia then you are in luck. EB Games have announced an exclusive edition of Mass Effect 3 which includes an inflatable Omni Blade.
Here's what the Mass Effect 3 Omni Blade Edition includes:
-Collectible METALPAK
-In-game M55 Carbine Rifle
-Inflatable Omni Blade
Not sure what people might do with an inflatable Omni Blade but it will be cool to use at the beach or during pool parties. Maybe make a friend buy one too so you can duel with one another!I'm all the fucking jealous right now. Yes, I'm 23 and I would trade all the CE DLC just for an inflatable (floatie) Omni-blade. @#$%^&!!!

Rivercurse
03-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Shoulda gone to comic-con.. They were giving them away..

dark wing
03-06-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm all the fucking jealous right now. Yes, I'm 23 and I would trade all the CE DLC just for an inflatable (floatie) Omni-blade. @#$%^&!!!

It's shame they didn't have one as a prize at tonight's game of darts. Oh no all I won was a measly 50. :(

That pub is tight I tell ya!

13ip0lar
03-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Shoulda gone to comic-con.. They were giving them away..

Yeah, but I hate people and in-turn miss out on events such as this. Funny enough though my mom somehow found out about this gathering of nerds and asked me if I wanted to go with her. Nothing like being 23 and flying out to visit your mom just to go to Comic-con :X

I'm trying to rectify the situation by grabbing one of eBay. We'll see how I fair. Shouldn't be spending the money but it's a freaking Omni-blade! Gonna get hit with $250 tomorrow. :/

Rivercurse
03-06-2012, 01:23 AM
It's shame they didn't have one as a prize at tonight's game of darts. Oh no all I won was a measly 50. :(

That pub is tight I tell ya!

Unfortunately for Mass Effect, a dart is always going to beat an inflatable omni blade.

eli1277
03-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Getting mine tonight. Wasn't able to get my hands on a CE but that's alright, already bought and downloaded my From Ashes DLC. 12:01am can't get here fast enough.

13ip0lar
03-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Unfortunately for Mass Effect, a dart is always going to beat an inflatable omni blade.

I lol'd. Good one.

rekikire
03-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Not tomorrow. It's released on Thursday for us down under.

tripleb2k
03-06-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the Midnight launch. Never been to one before. 1st world problems ya know :P

nuttyprof
03-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Right after Pawn Stars, I am fully paid off so I just need to get my number from my local Gamestop.

Ethereal235
03-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Woo! Leaving now. Super-excited. Tomorrow's going to be horrible due to test and lack of sleep and eventually getting ready for Latin test later in the week, but I know how I'm spending the night.

MasterXeus
03-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Tues - get up, go to work, pick up by preorder from Best Buy, then home to to install the game, eat dinner, then go to my college class, and afterwards I'll go to bed :(

Wed. - get up, go to work, rush home to get ready for two more college classes, come home to go to bed. :(

Thursday - get up to go back to work and finally come home an play the game. :woop:

Merch
03-06-2012, 04:17 AM
If anyone here is in the Edmonton area, Mark Meer is at the SouthGate EB games for the midnight launch. I'll be there as well lol

fastNcurious
03-06-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm going to be making mad dashes between my front door (to see if the UPS guy is here yet) and my computer (to refresh the UPS tracking page) all day until it gets here!

13ip0lar
03-06-2012, 04:27 AM
I'm going to be making mad dashes between my front door (to see if the UPS guy is here yet) and my computer (to refresh the UPS tracking page) all day until it gets here!

This is the part that I hate but love. It's like OMFG you are here all the time when I buy shit online at noon, why aren't you here!? I feel like Doc Brown in Back to the Future.

Damn where is that kid!!! - YouTube

God I love that movie. Guess I know what I'm watching tonight.

MADasaHatter
03-06-2012, 04:55 AM
When am I leaving?

Right ..

.http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/92686_o.gif

Cooljoe
03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
nope. Picking it up at around 4 pm on Tuesday.

seller50
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
for me (Netherlands) it won't arrive until thursday :(, but pre-ordered the CE a couple of months ago, so will arrive in the mail that day, hopefully before i get back from school