PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 ViDoc

Grifter Reborn
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Halo 4 Gameplay ViDoc Spring Showcase (HD 720p) - YouTube

Story: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11030-Halo-4-ViDoc-and-Making-Of-Trailer-Emerges.html

Kaiyo
03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Holy sh*t pure awesomeness....

MixMaker1
03-05-2012, 05:18 PM
This just looks amazing. I. Can't. Wait.

n1ck3sixty
03-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Anyone see the gold/yellow pistol at 3.26 mins?
Hint at different coloured guns?

OT: Was trying to avoid all Halo 4 related media to get a surprise, but its TOO TEMPTING!
<3 the Chief

DarkReign2021
03-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Was hoping for a little more Campaign footage or a cinematic trailer to go along with the multiplayer footage, but I'm happy they've at least finally revealed the game.

Things I noticed:

The chiefs armor looks NOTHING like the original picture we saw. It definitely more like the actual MJOLNIR armor, which suggests we won't be getting a new suit like we had previously predicted.

I noticed the different appearance of the armor in Multiplayer. I figured it was Spartan IV's, which they so kindly confirmed. The fact that they took the time to model S4's would suggest that they're probably going to be an integral part of the Campaign as was. If that's so, than I would go as far as to say that the events of Glasslands are definitely going to play into the game, which would suggest that we're possibly going to see the rest of the S2 and S3 survivors as well.

That's what I've gleaned from the video so far. I'll study it some more in my downtime tomorrow when I force myself to take a break from Mass Effect 3.

LickableLemons7
03-06-2012, 12:40 AM
I really like the new composer. Just listening to that track that drags on from 0:30, I can just imagine Chief romping around diverse landscapes. The music is pretty thunderous throughout the whole ViDoc, which makes me think we'll be served an epic and lengthy campaign. Here's to a good 10+ hours worth on easy difficulty, eh?
And from 1:41-1:50 we can see a lot of first person styleized action such as leaping over objects and forcing open doors, just like DarkReign was wishing for in another thread.
But I don't really like the look of the BR in Halo 4. It looks too box-like and clunky compared to Halo 3's BR.

andy888101
03-06-2012, 03:57 AM
halo is back, I am so happy right now!

OnePunchEckert
03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Did anyone notice the mech is actually a cyclops and at 2:30 the concept art on the left looks a lot like the spirit of fire from halo wars?

Celly
03-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Bungie is amazing, but just saying 343 industries enhanced graphics so much with way more detail in the guns and armor. I still wish to see who we will be killing in this game, and how the humans and elites are getting along ... If they even show them.

theNomad
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Love the shiny new looking spartan4 armor, and the fact Frank said all the multiplayer maps are made from the ground up and not rehashes of previous maps or areas taken from the campaign. Reach would have felt so much better given better thought out original mp maps.

Fantastic little teaser doc thanks for posting it. Hell I gotta watch it again now and then I'll crave more details.

DMR117
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Cant wait its going to be awesome just like every halo:woop:

Axonn
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
So freaken can't wait for Halo 4! Love the mutilplayer. But I think my bro said that the Beta for Halo 4 will be coming around spring or summer or somewhere around there though. But if so, what game will it be on. Like the Halo: Reach Beta was on the Halo 3: ODST in the main menu of that game. But I wonder what it'll be on. Maybe Halo: Reach, probably but not positive though. :(

RBmaster9345
03-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Holy god. Like the Spartan 4 thing for MM

DarkReign2021
03-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Sadly after going through this multiple times there's not really anything else to glean that hasn't already been mentioned. The design of the multiplayer maps seems to be the best hints at the moment.

Wraparound definitely confirms the game will be visiting a Forerunner world. The structure design and the cloudy atmosphere around it greatly resembles the scenes from Halo Wars where Anders is taken to be held captive. That gives more solid reason to believe that we will be visiting a Shield World at some point in the game.

Warhouse, on the other hand, is a bit more of a mystery. The large Mech (Pilotable?) doesn't much resemble the Sphinx's description from Cryptum and it looks human in design. The facility itself looks human in design, but is rounder, sleeker, and far from the standard UNSC style we're familiar with. This would suggest possibly an ONI facility with a heavy Forerunner influence. This would make sense given ONI's insistence of utilizing Forerunner tech in everything they build. Nothing suggests this, but given what we know about the Chief's being separated from the rest of Humanity, it would suggest that having a human facility could make this level be a location onboard the Human-Forerunner ship Infinity.

Although this isn't much to go on, watching the MoCap sequences showed a few new animations that haven't been featured yet in the series, including Wall Cover and barrier lunging. Though it's possible these abilities could be cut or even limited to Marines or enemy units, both abilities have been utilized in previous FPS series (BF3 and RS:Vegas for example) and it still stands to reason that such abilities could be introduced into the Master Chiefs repertoire along with the Door prying and the Cinematic Wall clinging sequence we say the Chief performing.

Vectorman953
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I can't watch the video to reconfirm (I'm on my crappy work computer... can't even load a youtube video) but wasn't there a line that said "all of the enemy's visuals (synonym, probably not actual word used) have been updated (revamped)" which leads me to believe that the covenant will still play a rather large role. (although this is a large jump... but why else would we care about enemy models being updated?)

And as per usual, I need to piggyback/spin off of Darkreign's ideas

Although this isn't much to go on, watching the MoCap sequences showed a few new animations that haven't been featured yet in the series, including Wall Cover and barrier lunging. Though it's possible these abilities could be cut or even limited to Marines or enemy units, both abilities have been utilized in previous FPS series (BF3 and RS:Vegas for example) and it still stands to reason that such abilities could be introduced into the Master Chiefs repertoire along with the Door prying and the Cinematic Wall clinging sequence we say the Chief performing.
I really hope that the mo-cap is for the allies. I believe that at one point in the video they believed that the player should be "more of a superhero" which is in stark contrast (re: exact opposites) to the "make the chief appear more human." I really like the constant reminder that the man in that technologically superior suit is just a (albeit horrendously genetically/physically altered) man.