PDA

View Full Version : Two new videos!

merzitar
03-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Gamespot have uploaded some new HD Collection footage. Looking fantastic!

Silent Hill HD Collection Video Comparison - YouTube

Heather - Silent Hill 3 Gameplay - YouTube

I'm glad that they have fixed all of the "incomplete" stuff of Silent Hill 3.

PC_GFWL_GAMER
03-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Silent Hill3 on PC looks a LOT better even though it was released in 2003! it has selectable up to 4096K texture surfaces & a lot of smoke FX which is missing from the lakeside amusement footage shown here of the HD remaster.

Silent Hill 2 on PC also looks much sharper/clearer the HD version looks very washed out not sure why Konami changed the art style a lot as it looked better before with the heavy smoke atmosphere now it just appears to have a grey filter over the gfx instead which is weird!

Gary Ablett Jr
03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Looks great!

demphra
03-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Silent Hill3 on PC looks a LOT better even though it was released in 2003! it has selectable up to 4096K texture surfaces & a lot of smoke FX which is missing from the lakeside amusement footage shown here of the HD remaster.

Silent Hill 2 on PC also looks much sharper/clearer the HD version looks very washed out not sure why Konami changed the art style a lot as it looked better before with the heavy smoke atmosphere now it just appears to have a grey filter over the gfx instead which is weird!

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35553518&postcount=15

i couldn't agree more with silent hill 2's hd looking washed up, and the sd edition has more brighter colors and detail. konami dropped the ball hard.

merzitar
03-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Regarding the contrast/brightness issue, it MAY look better than that when you come to play it. When websites recorded footage of Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD, it looked horrible because of the incorrect brightness and contrast, but that was only because their recording equipment hasn't been set up very well (On my TV, it looks beautiful). Also, older footage of the HD Collection does look better in colours and there is a much wider black level.

Gor1lla
03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Can't wait.
Am i mixing things or does the HD version of SH3 not have shadows?

EliteShadowMan
03-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks good. My only complaint is in the comparison video during some of the Silent Hill 3 videos the ground looked too clean in the HD version.

PC_GFWL_GAMER
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Buyer beware as it looks worse than expected compared to the PC versions Konami have gone cheap on this project & obviously ported the PS2/Xbox1 versions to run on PS3/360.

Save your money unless you absolutely must have the achievements/trophy's!

merzitar
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Buyer beware as it looks worse than expected compared to the PC versions Konami have gone cheap on this project & obviously ported the PS2/Xbox1 versions to run on PS3/360.

Save your money unless you absolutely must have the achievements/trophy's!

Well some people, including myself, don't like gaming on PC. I prefer to have my games on a console, and I will be buying this because I love these two games. I have noticed a lot of graphical improvements from the PS2 version, plus it'll be useful to have these games on a current-gen console. And finally, I happily support HD Collections or Re-releases because it gives veteran gamers the chance to re-play them, and newcomers to finally play them. And yeah, achievements are a big plus, not because I like boosting my gamerscore, but because I like to get achievements for games I love.

EliteShadowMan
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I've already accepted the fact the graphics might be bad but who cares that much? I never finished SH2 or SH3 on my PS2 and i don't believe i got that far anyway. So it's a nice way for me to finally finish the games and get achievements on top of that. Plus i've been looking forward to playing some horror games again.

Waste of money? maybe if you don't care to play through the games again a few times, and already own the games on ps2. But for those of us that don't have a working ps2 anymore and don't want to play on the PC? magnificent.

Ceris
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Does graphics matter that much to people? HD collections normally aren't up to par with games today. (At least, the ones I have seen)

Since SH3 was my favorite, I only watched that video, and I have to say, I am going to miss Heather Morris's sassy voice. It's almost like having a brand new Heather as a protagonist :(

EliteShadowMan
03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Does graphics matter that much to people? HD collections normally aren't up to par with games today. (At least, the ones I have seen)

Since SH3 was my favorite, I only watched that video, and I have to say, I am going to miss Heather Morris's sassy voice. It's almost like having a brand new Heather as a protagonist :(

Won't the game allow the option to pick between voices? if so i'll be missing that as well.

Ceris
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Won't the game allow the option to pick between voices? if so i'll be missing that as well.
I think it only applies to SH2, though, now that they found Heather's voice actor (they couldn't contact her before) they may have gotten her consent to reuse her voice from the original game.

Creazil
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM

Silent Hill 2 is keeping it's original voice-overs. It just seems everybody supports SH2 more because of how much more popular it is, not knowing that the third is a DIRECT sequel to the original game which made the franchise so popular against Resident Evil. I'm going to miss Heather's voice too, man, even Claudia's. That guy with the glasses though, hated his voice (Forgot his name it's been too long).

But still, ah well, I'll enjoy the game nonetheless. I also agree with you in terms of graphics, most of my favorite games are from the Genesis, PS1 & PS2. Barely any in this generation of games, if I'm honest.