PDA

View Full Version : Any hope for History Channel's second attempt?

ZakkuHiryado
08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I was just wondering about people's expectations on this game. I beat Civil War and it was alright but a real chore to get all the achievements. The AI was bad and the cover in the game was atrocious. You could could get shot through anything in that game. But will this game be any better? I am glad there is going to be another pacific theater game because, a.) it's my favorite WWII theater, and b.) MOH never made the sequel to Rising Sun and I need some sort of compensation. But will anyone without these above reasons want to buy this game after Civil War's performance? That's what I want to know so feel free to tell me!:)

Shaaady Souljah
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
i thought the first one was ok. nothing great, of course...but not as bad as most thought. i agree about the cover--what the hell? i am behind a wagon, 3 haystacks and a group of guys: how are you shooting me?
i will be renting it, just like the first.

killlah631
10-03-2007, 01:32 AM
I didn't think that Civil War was too bad...very easy achievements...except that game on hard..god damn I don't know why..can beat COD veteran, R6 realistic, but I couldn't handle History Channel's hard..i'm going to guess the second game will be close toe same as the first one.

ZakkuHiryado
10-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm actually getting excited about this one now. I can't wait for it to come out.

russell1190
10-17-2007, 12:57 AM
I thought the first game was decent but the killer was the reload times. Now in the pacific it wont be as bad so i will probably rent it

DAZZLEme360
11-03-2007, 11:18 AM
yes finally

a pacific theater game for the 360
iwo jima
midway
guadacanal (spell it wrong probz)

killlah631
11-03-2007, 05:35 PM
The game definitely has potential...I just hope the Hard mode isn't so hard. I thought it was ridiculous in Civil War, I got killed in 1 shot every damn time.

Felix Pie
11-27-2007, 07:30 AM
I can see it being a lot like COD 3 set in the Pacific, but not quite as good because they don't have the same developers. I enjoyed Civil War and I expect this to be even more fun since it will be fast paced. A big knock on the other game was lack of MP. This one has a few game modes deathmatch, capture the flag, and iassume team deathmatch. I expect it to also have its share of glitches. I it will get suprisingly pleasant reviews. Maybe 7.5 range. All I know is that the plane turret misions will really piss me off on hard.

ClutchPapi34
11-28-2007, 01:31 AM
I will not buy this game. I never played the first one. The reload times of the civil war days just didn't appeal to me. This setting would make for a better game IMO.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
hopefully it has easy achievemnets.,.. although November 20, 2007 it was release on that day and its the first of decemeber does anyone have this game / rented it? or any achievements on it? theres hardly any info on this...

TheColdWolf
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
When i rented the first one it was really fun to me, so i am going to rent the second one and play it, but fist i am going to beat the first one at 1000G.

nightmare975
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I think I'll borrow it from my friend, like the first one.

ZakkuHiryado
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
This game looks awesome, I will love it I'm sure. especially mulitplayer as a Japanese soldier; I get sick of Germans.

antnie
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I never played the first but i might rent this one .

II UK BLAD3 II
12-02-2007, 11:15 PM
really bad game. i just beat this under 2hr's

killthemall4444
12-02-2007, 11:30 PM
How the hell could anyone think this was going to be good? I may rent it for laughs but this game looked like dog crap from the start.

ZakkuHiryado
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
really bad game. i just beat this under 2hr's

Seriously? Oh well, I guess I have a History Channel bias. Great channel, but maybe it should stop trying to branch out into games. Hopefully I can pick this game up real cheap and score a quick 1000.

WrottenSandwich
12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I am one of the few that actually liked "Civil War" - #2 here can be completed in about 2 to 3 hours (campaign) Not a bad "quick game" - The frame rate gets a little slow in certain areas... You spend a lot of time following someone thru the entire campaign - I think I will heard "I'll send you home in a box" about a 1000 times. Hard mode is easier than C0D4's easiest mode. The hardest achievement on the game will prob be the 1 ranked achievement. All the others can be done thru system link......

ZakkuHiryado
01-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Got it for Christmas...it pretty much sucks unfortunately...
Oh well at least the achievements will be easy and then I can take it back for some store credit somewhere. :)

ASTROBL4ACK
01-17-2008, 01:24 AM
I didn't think that Civil War was too bad...very easy achievements...except that game on hard..god damn I don't know why..can beat COD veteran, R6 realistic, but I couldn't handle History Channel's hard..i'm going to guess the second game will be close toe same as the first one.

All you have to do is save constantly.

Not sure if this option is in this version of the game, but I wouldn't doubt it.

bdg7884
01-18-2008, 01:06 AM
The campaign was horrible! Only takes about 3 hours at most and on hard it's easy as hell. I actually enjoyed civil war, this one is so so. Online is crap cause no one plays it. So if your planning on getting the online faster get a couple buddies to boost with.

Lord Vlad 666
03-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Didn't really like it. Even the hardest difficulty was easy. Online sucks because you can't find anyone playing it anymore.