PDA

View Full Version : Torture Scenes

dangf
03-06-2012, 08:03 AM
How does anyone button mash? I love my 360, but I just can't tap the buttons fast enough, I grind my finger over a ps3 controller (I did MGS2 on extreme on the ps2 back in the day) but the 360 I can't do the peace walker torture and can't do the one in MGS 2 on any of the above normal settings.

KILLBOT
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I've used the same method since my Track and Field days and I managed to still have 3/4 health remaining on the infamous 'choke hold of doom' at the end of MGS2 on extreme. I looked for a video to demonstrate and I couldn't find one so I'll do my best to explain my method.

I hold the controller in my right hand and turn it on its end so the button end is in my right hand and the stick end is resting on my knee. Place your left hand near the bottom of the controller for support, but reach the button of your choice with the thumb on your left hand. Your left thumb should be resting on the button, or atleast very close to it.... now this is where the magic happens.

Don not move your left hand, keep your thumb on the button and start to waggle the controller with your right hand against your left thumb. After a bit of practice you'll be able to get a rapid 'twitch' going in your right hand and this will generate your speed.

If you can learn this method to can switch it up for sports games that require 2 buttons to be mashed. Use the same method as above, but bring your right thumb into play while you waggle.

I hope that helps and you can understand what I'm trying to say. I don't have the means to do a video or I would've done you one.

Good luck.

dangf
07-28-2012, 06:53 AM
I've used the same method since my Track and Field days and I managed to still have 3/4 health remaining on the infamous 'choke hold of doom' at the end of MGS2 on extreme. I looked for a video to demonstrate and I couldn't find one so I'll do my best to explain my method.

I hold the controller in my right hand and turn it on its end so the button end is in my right hand and the stick end is resting on my knee. Place your left hand near the bottom of the controller for support, but reach the button of your choice with the thumb on your left hand. Your left thumb should be resting on the button, or atleast very close to it.... now this is where the magic happens.

Don not move your left hand, keep your thumb on the button and start to waggle the controller with your right hand against your left thumb. After a bit of practice you'll be able to get a rapid 'twitch' going in your right hand and this will generate your speed.

If you can learn this method to can switch it up for sports games that require 2 buttons to be mashed. Use the same method as above, but bring your right thumb into play while you waggle.

I hope that helps and you can understand what I'm trying to say. I don't have the means to do a video or I would've done you one.

Good luck.

I've tried loads and still can't do it, time to move on to the new "Golf Ball" trick, I'll let everyone know if it works.