PDA

View Full Version : Audio Diaries: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

PerfectAnt
09-13-2007, 03:13 PM
does anyone know where i can find the big daddy boots ive found the audio diary were they were ment to be but i cant find them after collecting the diary.

the audio diary there tells you they are in the library.

Woozie
09-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey guys I'm not sure if you noticed but the maps have been replaced with a "BANDWITH EXCEEDED" image. Can you replace them? It's hard to find these things without the maps.

Shaaady Souljah
09-14-2007, 11:48 PM
we cant replace them without the original files. if someone has them saved, and can re-up them, then cool. otherwise, you will have to just go by the descriptions. sorry. i had some success doing that last night, so try it out anyway. ;)

Shinobi273
09-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey guys I'm not sure if you noticed but the maps have been replaced with a "BANDWITH EXCEEDED" image. Can you replace them? It's hard to find these things without the maps.

If you post the name of the diary you are looking for we can help you with the description.

MA5Bergey
09-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Ugh. Now I'm mad. I collected all 122 diaries. Checked em off as I collected them, and checked them off before I beat Fontaine. All 122 diaries, and no damn achievement. I feel so cheated.

adamska2020
09-15-2007, 07:20 AM
A Man or a Parasite (Andrew Ryan) - Hepheastus Core, on the desk outside the room with the bunks.

I can't find this one and no matter how many times I go up or down each level in the core I don't see a table or desk with a diary on it. I already got the other ones in the core but don't want to go further without this one.

zakra
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Where are the 3 diaries in the control room on hephaestus?

zakra
09-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I got them

Keytta
09-15-2007, 06:20 PM
The Arcadia section states there are 24 messages, but the subsections state there are 16 in the first and 9 in the second, which equals 25. Any light shed on this would be great.

adamska2020
09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
The Arcadia section states there are 24 messages, but the subsections state there are 16 in the first and 9 in the second, which equals 25. Any light shed on this would be great.
There are twenty five listed because one of the diaries in arcadia are added to the smuggler's hideout list instead of to arcadia. It's a wierd glitch. And I still need help with this one so if anyonce can help I'd be grateful.
Apparently it's in the hephaestus core and here's the description.
A Man or a Parasite (Andrew Ryan) - Hepheastus Core, on the desk outside the room with the bunks.

iruhlman
09-16-2007, 06:24 AM
in Fort Frolic how do you get into the upper level of the atrium? bolted grates block your way and it looks to be going down not up?

Jacques XVII
09-16-2007, 01:24 PM
If i start a new game to get the diary I missed (New Year's Eve Alone), when I get it will I get the achievement or do I need to go through the game getting every diary? Cos I'm really pissed off I didn't get it.

Draconis
09-17-2007, 04:30 PM
You already have it. It should be under Neptune's Bounty messages. Maybe. That's what happened for me. It's a glitch.
Wow! Thank you, I was so scared and angry that I might have had to replay the whole game, but thanks now I know.

Galaxy Spear
09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Could someone upload the maps again please ? They're not showing on the first page. Really wanna get Bioshock done while im off work for this week.

Thanks.

The Freakquency Theory
09-17-2007, 11:45 PM
the only thing that really matters are those two diaries that if you miss, you're screwed and have to start over again, otherwise, there isn't anything else that you can't miss by moving on

Or the three in rapture central control..really should be put up, nice and bold, that these NEED to be acquired here ,because you can't go back as far as I know :/

The three are: The vita chamber, mind control test, and Baby status

The Freakquency Theory
09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Agreed. I think any diary located in the Surgery Ward is impossible to get to after you finish the Medical Pavilion. The Aesthetic Ideals door will not open for me, and I have not seen anybody refute this problem yet. I wish somebody would, I'm so close to getting that achievement.

yeah, bit ridiculous really..I'll hold on to the game for the sake of playing again, because it is good..but I honestly don't want to go finding ALL the diaries again..on hard nonetheless :/ Really should be made more evident.

mad tees
09-22-2007, 10:43 PM
does any one no where to get tenenbaum useless experiment would be much appreciated

Shinobi273
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
does any one no where to get tenenbaum useless experiment would be much appreciated

It is explained in this thread, on this page: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36010&page=6

zampakuto
09-23-2007, 11:42 AM

I can't find this one and no matter how many times I go up or down each level in the core I don't see a table or desk with a diary on it. I already got the other ones in the core but don't want to go further without this one.
it is not on the desk it's on the cabinet, somebody should fix the location of the diary

btw: the 1st two is diaries (Diane McClintock - New Year's Eve Alone and the Steve Barker - Hole in Bathroom Wall) is that normal? coz i got a few left diaries that i need to pick up

chaosg0d
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
[quote=The Pants Party;373649]Andrew Ryan - First Encounter
-For some reason, this is listed in the section with Neptune, but it is actually in the next level. When you get to the Farmer's Market in Arcadia (when you go through the Bulkhead door and a new section loads), there are three rooms off the main section. Go to the left-most room and it is leaning against three red crates. I think there was a dead Rosie on the ground in here, but I'm not positive.
quote]

I made this mistake :( I already had this one, but when I printed out the list of all audio diary and I checked each one according to the game log, this one was missing (since it was listed in another section), so I lost a good 20 min looking for it everywhere.

My other mistake was with Meeting Atlas (Diane McClintock) - Hestia Chambers, just inside the entrance on the right.

I printed the map in black and white and theres a red (10) (which refer to a weapon station) right in the center of the Hestia Chambers level 3. I spend at least 30 min looking for it everywhere until I look at the original map to find out I was looking at the wrong thing. The diary is on the main floor, a bit before the stairs .

Anyway, I just wanted to share my pain :) Nice work by the way guys, this guide was really helpfull.

matty cheetham
10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I needed this map alot thanks i didnt know there was a diary in that toilet man cheers

Deisenaut
10-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Stupid Question, but is there any way in the game to see what diaries you already have? - I have most of them, but never checked them off...

xxXI Dave IXxx
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
cant find projection booth or the office where this diary is located. aNy help is much appreciated!

xxXI Dave IXxx
11-19-2007, 04:18 AM
could someone please help me. I'm still looking for the diary requiem for andrew ryan.........in fort frolic. I cant locate this projection booth. Any help would be most certainly appreciated.I dont want to proceed because ive gotten all diaries to this point.again thaanks for anyhelp in advance!

Shinobi273
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
could someone please help me. I'm still looking for the diary requiem for andrew ryan.........in fort frolic. I cant locate this projection booth. Any help would be most certainly appreciated.I dont want to proceed because ive gotten all diaries to this point.again thaanks for anyhelp in advance!

Did you already complete his masterpiece? The projector room is locked until he comes out to view his masterpiece.

xxXI Dave IXxx
11-19-2007, 10:18 PM
yes i completed and killed the guy who come down the stairs. i looked in the theater did i overlook it there or something?

Shinobi273
11-20-2007, 12:55 AM
yes i completed and killed the guy who come down the stairs. i looked in the theater did i overlook it there or something?

They are both in the room marked on your map as projection room. One is on the floor near a guitar and the other is on a table near a stack of film rolls (not your camera film, projector film). I think you have to use the stairs to get there, not the elevator.

xxXI Dave IXxx
11-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Thank you so much shinobi. I mustr have overlooked this 10 times. Much appreciated!

Grishnaar
11-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Decided to go back and try to finish this game up after Assassin's Creed and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to Hephaestus from Olympus Heights. Is it even possible?

Shinobi273
11-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Decided to go back and try to finish this game up after Assassin's Creed and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to Hephaestus from Olympus Heights. Is it even possible?

You have to take a bathysphere. You can't go directly between the two. Go forward from Olympus Heights to a bathysphere and then go back past Hephaestus and then forward toward Hephaestus (I don't think there is a direct bathysphere connection to Hephaestus, but I could be wrong).

Grishnaar
11-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Wow, I feel pretty stupid after all the time I played the game I didn't realize that you had to use the D-Pad to change Bathysphere destinations. I just kinda assumed that it was linear travel and you could only go to the next station because the analog sticks won't do it.

Oh well, thanks for the assist Shinobi.

thacent
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
can u please re-upload the pics

Ingles
12-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Does this achievement unlock as soon as you collect the last diary or must you finish/beat the game first?

Shinobi273
12-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Does this achievement unlock as soon as you collect the last diary or must you finish/beat the game first?

As soon as you pick up the last diary.

Ingles
12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I got the achievement. Excellent guide! I had to scurry about to find a couple of them, but for the most part, very descriptive and informative! Thanks to all who added to it!

piinzen
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM
I ran into the same problem someone else in here was having with Andrew Ryan-First encounter diary. I figured out what the problem was, and I'll try to be concise. The diary IS in Arcadia as indicated on the map, and the noted correction in the guide states. However, when you go to look at your diary log for Arcadia it will not show up. If you have picked it up, and know that you did, you'll find it in the diary log for Neptunes Bounty where the guide originally stated it was.

Recap: Found in Arcadia; logged in Neptunes bounty

TagYourePregnant
12-26-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm really aggravated right now because I found all of the diaries and picked them all up. I even counted them to be sure that I got them and still no achivement!!! :mad:
Am I missing something here? Do you get this achivement at the end of the game or something? Someone please help before I go insane...

Shinobi273
12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm really aggravated right now because I found all of the diaries and picked them all up. I even counted them to be sure that I got them and still no achivement!!! :mad:
Am I missing something here? Do you get this achivement at the end of the game or something? Someone please help before I go insane...

You need to count again. It unlocks after the last audio diary is picked up.

AlmightyTallest
12-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Stupid Question, but is there any way in the game to see what diaries you already have? - I have most of them, but never checked them off...

Hit the back button and go to Messages... you'll see a list of the locations in the game that you've been to.... the list of diaries will be under each location. This took me a bit to figure out as well.

Zachary NZ
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
*You must get these as you start the game, otherwise you will not be able to come back for them unless you start a new game!What do you mean? Can't you just load your most recent save (before final boss) and then go back through the levels to get the ones you missed?

Shinobi273
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
What do you mean? Can't you just load your most recent save (before final boss) and then go back through the levels to get the ones you missed?

He is saying that if you forget to pick up or miss those diaries, you will reacha point at which you will be unable to go back and pick them up. Answer to your second question is no.

the_b1ues
01-31-2008, 02:25 PM
hey im now a big daddy and ive relised ive missed a diary im stuck in olympus hieghts and i cant seem to go bck any futher than the safe house how do i get to Acadia? Please help

the_b1ues
01-31-2008, 02:26 PM
dont worry sorted it no i didnt no u had to use d pad in lift things

Lord Viruk
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I have all the audio diarys but no achievement :( anyone else had this problem???

Shinobi273
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I have all the audio diarys but no achievement :( anyone else had this problem???

Yeah many people have had this problem, to unlock the achievement, you need to collect all of the diaries. Check your counts again, you are missing one or more.

Lord Viruk
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah many people have had this problem, to unlock the achievement, you need to collect all of the diaries. Check your counts again, you are missing one or more.

OK will do, i'll go through the lists again. I get sore eyes staring at those lists lol

crazyc07
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
this is the most helpful thread ive found so far. i am just now starting it on hard and im goin to get all the diaries and little sisters. as well as all wepon upgrades. thanks for the help.

Liquorj
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you - ( to all who helped on this thread)

antnie
02-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I just realized that you can view wich ones you have.... I am going to have to make a check list now.

Shinobi273
02-15-2008, 02:28 AM
I just realized that you can view wich ones you have.... I am going to have to make a check list now.

Check to make sure you have them all before you try to figure out which one you are missing. Count the number of diaries per level, then count the number of diaries you have.

DrJonan
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey, this might have been asked before but I'd like to know why do you have the diary 9 in Arcadia put as Part 2?I don't see any Part 1, not on Farmer's Market at least or on Arcadia.

Shinobi273
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey, this might have been asked before but I'd like to know why do you have the diary 9 in Arcadia put as Part 2?I don't see any Part 1, not on Farmer's Market at least or on Arcadia.

Number 9 says "(PART 1 MAP)" because it is the last audio diary for those two levels and will be unable to get it until you complete the task for Arcadia. I think it was to try to avoid confusion and panic if you are unable to get the last diary in Arcadia before going on to Farmer's Market.

If you want to know where the diary is, check the Arcadia Map, it is right before the exit of the level.

DrJonan
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Number 9 says "(PART 1 MAP)" because it is the last audio diary for those two levels and will be unable to get it until you complete the task for Arcadia. I think it was to try to avoid confusion and panic if you are unable to get the last diary in Arcadia before going on to Farmer's Market.

If you want to know where the diary is, check the Arcadia Map, it is right before the exit of the level.

thx a lot for telling me this, just before reading your comment I did see the Part 1 of number 9 it's just that I didn't look properly.

battle cry714
02-23-2008, 07:19 PM
i don't know if this has been asked yet but how do u get to ryans office after u kill him. can you even?

codename26
03-29-2008, 12:59 PM
OMG. I thougt I would be clever and try and find all the diaries on my own while playing through on easy. How hard could it be I thought. Hmmm, now Thinking that was a mistake:confused: I checked every area twice..or so I thought. Just completed the game and found out I only got 102 of them. A whole 20 short.

Dont think I am gonna go back and find the missing ones. Think I'll load up a new game and use your guide...Think it will come in very handy !!

Just to check, If I load a new game, all the diaries will be there, not just the ones I havent got ? Because in COD4 even if you start a new game the intels you got didnt re appear.

cheers people

orp08
03-29-2008, 05:47 PM
OMG. I thougt I would be clever and try and find all the diaries on my own while playing through on easy. How hard could it be I thought. Hmmm, now Thinking that was a mistake:confused: I checked every area twice..or so I thought. Just completed the game and found out I only got 102 of them. A whole 20 short.

Dont think I am gonna go back and find the missing ones. Think I'll load up a new game and use your guide...Think it will come in very handy !!

Just to check, If I load a new game, all the diaries will be there, not just the ones I havent got ? Because in COD4 even if you start a new game the intels you got didnt re appear.

cheers people
Yes all the diaries will be there in a new save, the achievement requires to collect them all in the same playthrough... But if you have only missed 20 you could check and if these diaries are not the 2 in Welcome to Rapture or the Herphasteus control room or whatever (that you cant go back for), and you do have these you could go back, i did that, i missed like 15, then checked the guides list, and went back for the ones i missed back then, so you could try that... If you are planning on finishing the game again, nevermind.

BidFarewell
04-06-2008, 09:41 AM
How come some of the diaries havent been pointed out on the pictures of the maps?

Level 2, the Neptune one.... Numbers 17-20 haven'r been put on the map? :confused:

EDIT: Not to worry, i found them. :D

BidFarewell
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I ran into the same problem someone else in here was having with Andrew Ryan-First encounter diary. I figured out what the problem was, and I'll try to be concise. The diary IS in Arcadia as indicated on the map, and the noted correction in the guide states. However, when you go to look at your diary log for Arcadia it will not show up. If you have picked it up, and know that you did, you'll find it in the diary log for Neptunes Bounty where the guide originally stated it was.

Recap: Found in Arcadia; logged in Neptunes bounty

Phew!

Thanks for that. Working off the guide and before i finish a level i check to make sure i have them all and i was confused when this diary wasn't showing up!

Frijolie
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank You for doing this! This was a life saver when I was going through to get the Historian acheivement! Great job! Just wanted to say thanks...

jaytge
04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey folks. I played this game last year and loved it. Didn't worry about achievements then but now I'm playing on hard trying to make up what I missed.

I'm going for Historian and this guide is a real lifesaver. I just want to make sure of one thing. I've seen a few people say that the only way to get Historian is to use one save. Is that really true? That to me sounds like either you have to get all diaries in one sitting or you can only save in one slot your entire playthrough.

I get the feeling that this goes down to getting all diaries in one playthrough regardless of how many times you save? Can anybody confirm this. I keep saving in the same slot worried I'm going to get all 122 diaries and not get the achievement on this one playthrough.

Thanks folks. This was a lifesaver. Peace

Jay

orp08
04-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey folks. I played this game last year and loved it. Didn't worry about achievements then but now I'm playing on hard trying to make up what I missed.

I'm going for Historian and this guide is a real lifesaver. I just want to make sure of one thing. I've seen a few people say that the only way to get Historian is to use one save. Is that really true? That to me sounds like either you have to get all diaries in one sitting or you can only save in one slot your entire playthrough.

I get the feeling that this goes down to getting all diaries in one playthrough regardless of how many times you save? Can anybody confirm this. I keep saving in the same slot worried I'm going to get all 122 diaries and not get the achievement on this one playthrough.

Thanks folks. This was a lifesaver. Peace

Jay
You can have the amount of saves you want, its one playthrough... I always kept an extra save in case something went wrong. So yeah dont worry about the number of saves, just get all the diaries in the same playthrough.

jaytge
04-26-2008, 06:52 PM
You can have the amount of saves you want, its one playthrough... I always kept an extra save in case something went wrong. So yeah dont worry about the number of saves, just get all the diaries in the same playthrough.

Excellent, Thanks orp08. I can play worry free now.

Take care.

Skeeble
04-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Woo! No way I could have done this without the guide, thanks so much. :)

DeadlyFishy
05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
This is probably a really, really dumb question, but...

How do I get back to Olympus Heights?!? :confused:

I beat the game and got all of the other diaries that I was missing today, but now I'm stuck.

orp08
05-15-2008, 03:50 AM
This is probably a really, really dumb question, but...

How do I get back to Olympus Heights?!? :confused:

I beat the game and got all of the other diaries that I was missing today, but now I'm stuck.
Its been a long time since i played this but, check your map and go to a bathysphere, i think you can go back that way, if not choose the closest option and go through there... but i think you can reach it through the bathysphere.

DeadlyFishy
05-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Its been a long time since i played this but, check your map and go to a bathysphere, i think you can go back that way, if not choose the closest option and go through there... but i think you can reach it through the bathysphere.

You can't get to Olympus Heights through a bathysphere, I checked.. a lot

orp08
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM
You can't get to Olympus Heights through a bathysphere, I checked.. a lot
Then that means you entered through a door, go to Herphasteus or the level that goes after Olympus Heights and in one of those, the map has to show a "to olympus heights", the ONLY place you cant go back is to Welcome to Rapture, and a little spot in Herphasteus.

Fluke Hawkins
05-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't find diary #7 in the medical foyer, Love For Science by Tennebaum. I can has screenshot/halps? I've looked all over for it.

Mcfailed
06-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the guide!, lovin Bioshock ~ :uzi:

newbsicle
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for putting this great guide together!

Inexxa
07-14-2008, 02:40 AM
Indeed cheers for the great guide, it helped a crap load. Just got historian and tonic achievment :P Now for last boss on hard to get hard and brass ball achievments :)

cMCENTYREc
07-25-2008, 02:36 AM
I tried to go back to Steinman's operating are to get a diary, but the door to the opereating area won't open. Do I have to start the game over to get? Please help.

JasonAwesome116
07-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I tried to go back to Steinman's operating are to get a diary, but the door to the opereating area won't open. Do I have to start the game over to get? Please help.

i made it back there today

you can't take the main doorway, you gotta go around to where you met tennenbaum. But yah, just keep searching, no restart needed.

So anyways, I signed in to say nice guide! I took my first play through of the game really slowly to take in all the amazing details. I got a lot of the diaries, thought i was VERY close to having them all. But turns out I was missing 14. :( Well now I can go back and find them

Lmao I had to go on Bioshock and write down all the ones I found to figure out how many I needed. That was a pain, but now finding them should be a breeze. Thanks again for the guide.

benbam87
09-30-2008, 04:42 AM
I have finally gotten all of those diaries thanks to you guys. Now I have another fully completed game

SweetBlackMagic
10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Is there an easy way to see a running count of diaries found while playing?

MediumMelanin
02-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Weird, i added 'em up, and i got 113, whoa, but still got the achievement, lol.

aledarksun
02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
can someone re-up the maps???i think it's useless this thread without them!i bought for 20$ the collector edition from a friend and now i want the 1100!

Telexen
02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah the maps just went down today. I was using them last night.

Who uses Photobucket anymore? There are 100 better image hosts out there now.

aledarksun
02-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah the maps just went down today. I was using them last night.

Who uses Photobucket anymore? There are 100 better image hosts out there now.

wow...i'm so lucky!
@Telexen: i'm boosting GTA 4 too....so if u have a good party call me!;)

DoggedFrog
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks for this:woop: Everytime I played I skipped the diary in the men's bathroom and it was so frustrating because I couldn't figure out which one i missed :wtf LOL this is really going to help

High Knight
03-02-2009, 03:27 AM
I have a quick question, are the two diaries at the beginning and one more the vita chamber one the only miss able ones?

DethReaper420
03-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Ok so I know that there are 2 that are impossible to go back and get but are there any others?

DethReaper420
03-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Just wanted to say thank you DaKing240 for making this guide. Just got Libarian.

Sparky G 34
04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Crap, missed #18 in Hephaestus :(

PureTechniquex
05-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Nice guide, got 'Historian' & didnt miss any diary's, i just printed the guide off as well as the Weapon Upgrade's one & got the full 1000/1100 in 1 playthrough, still working on my 2nd playthrough atm for 'Brass Balls' & im up to 'Fort Frolic', so only a few level's left.

This game is just AMAZING, Lovin' it! :p

auburn fury
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Really can't see 18. Frank Fontaine - Kraut Scientist on Neptune's Bounty

Anyone help please? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Thanks for this guide, helped me to no end!

Toddy
05-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Could someone please re-host the guide's pictures?? thank you in advance

Corallion
05-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Could someone please re-host the guide's pictures?? thank you in advance

Go to post #283 in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37616&page=10

I uploaded them to that thread. If you guys want, I can upload them to this thread in a post as well.

xTHSx Rascal
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
i cant find a man or a parasite by andrew ryan even know i followed the guide

Nm got it but the guide wasnt very helpfull on that one not near the core
should of said the big room infront of andrew ryans office (the room with the bodys pinned to the walls look to your right enter the room infront of you and its in there

xTHSx Rascal
05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Arrgh! now haveing problems finding Mcdonah - ryan takes f futuristics ive just came out of the bathysphere asoon as you go up the stairs that storage crate on the right(by the timetable) is the only crate i can find and ive already searched it...... is the guide wrong or has my game glitched???

TriRock
05-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Damn. Should have used this guide, then I wouldn't have missed the Historian achievement. That's what you get for not wanting to spoil the story. :(

Ah well, I've already started playthrough no2, it's going to be a pain on hard for sure, but this guide should take the edge off the worst diary hunting. Cheers mate. :)

SoleAssassin
05-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Man, this is some bullshit. I only needed 4 to get them done so I go back to get one and it's not even there. I checked to see if it's the right one and it is. I used this thread and a video to find out where it's at.

Fuckin' Bs.

Purge
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I cant seem to find these? :S You've made them really hard to describe.

Andrew Ryan - First Encounter - This is actually located in the next level. Once you get into the second section (Farmer's Market, it will be a new load screen), there are three rooms. Go into the left-most room and it is on the ground near three red crates.
Sullivan - Have my Badge - located further into the secure area in a room with no apparent entry you can see the room though a window, from the window follow the path that starts just before the window and keep going straight in the direction of the gun turret. deal with it how you please and enter the vent thats to the left of the turret. take notice there is a camera in that room. the diary is located on the table in that room. other things in their include a machine gun and a safe.

Tomscfc
05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I have picked up the first encounter diary in farmers market, how ever now that i've almost finished the game its saying i havn't and its also no longer there...so WTF should i do!? -.-

wolf gevaudan
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
woa i found andrew ryan - first encounter already i was looking for it in farmers market but i looked and i had it but it was under neptunes bounty!?!?!?! what the fudge.... mmmm...... fudge.....

SH1VAMITIMBAZ
06-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Thank you I got the achievment no problem:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::):lock ed:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locke d:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked :locked:locked:uzi:

xI C0uch P0tat0
07-06-2009, 12:38 AM
I accidently skipped an audio diary but I went back to one of my saves before and got the diary.

Can I still get the achievement.

A 2rue boofer
07-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Great guide thats a lot of diaries not looking forward to collecting these

Purdmeister
07-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Nicely laid out guide, pity the images have exceeded their bandwidth allocation :<

veece16
07-18-2009, 10:51 PM
you can only get the achievement if you got the ones at the beginning and hephasus they close down after you leave so you can't go back

Return to Rapter

Diane McClintock (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Diane_McClintock) - New Year's Eve Alone (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/New_Year%27s_Eve_Alone) - On the table in the flooded area of the Kashmir restaurant.
Steve Bar (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Barker)ker (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Barker) - Hole in the Bathroom Wall (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Hole_in_the_Bathroom_Wall) - On the far wall in the ladies' bathroom of the Kashmir restaurant.
These are in Rapture Central Control when you are in Hephaestus
Dr. Suchong (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Suchong) - The Vita Chamber (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/The_Vita_Chamber) - Control Room desk left of entrance next to Vita-Chamber Dr. Suchong (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Suchong) - Mind Control Test (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Control_Test) - Control Room (after crawlspace) on table beneath photos
Dr. Suchong (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Suchong) - Baby Status (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Baby_Status) - Control Room (after crawlspace) on table beneath photos
YOU MUST GET THEM TO GET THE ACHIEVEMENT

Sync205
07-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I was using your guide and it was fantastic up until i found a slight error...

#9 in the farmers market isnt actually in farmers market.
its in an area in arcadia which isnt open until you finish FM.
Rapture metro just to the right of the enterance like you said..
just would seem more appropriate with a warning

Genesis x360a
07-25-2009, 12:04 AM
You need to update the gudie for this,

Andrew Ryan - Working Late Again - Go to the upper part of "The Fighting McDonagh's Tavern and go into room 6 by Electric Bolting the door control and it will be on the floor next to the corpse that is handcuffed to the bed
Thats wrong, Aresting fontaine or whatever is in there and the audio dairy "Working Late Again" is in the bar on the table next to a window.

A 2rue boofer
08-06-2009, 05:39 PM
thank you for this I am on Neptune collecting everything on hard without vita chambers so I am gonna try to have this game done by sunday.

NinBan
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
The screens disappeared, leaving a "bandwidth exceeded" screen, could you reupload the screens again? Once I'm finished with this playthough I planned to go back to every location where I might have missed a diary.

WonderfulWest
08-20-2009, 05:27 PM
do u have to get these all in one play through or can i redo the game again to get the ones at the start i missed

Corallion
08-21-2009, 02:50 AM
The screens disappeared, leaving a "bandwidth exceeded" screen, could you reupload the screens again? Once I'm finished with this playthough I planned to go back to every location where I might have missed a diary.

Check post 283 here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37616&page=10

I uploaded the maps when this happened before

do u have to get these all in one play through or can i redo the game again to get the ones at the start i missed

You have to get them all in one playthrough, you can go back to the all the areas with the exception of the area outside Fontaines office and the very beginning before the tunnel collapses.

Bioshock'd
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I have all audio diaries apart from this one in Hephaestus

**The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.

Is there any way i can go back and get it?

Corallion
08-29-2009, 01:42 AM
You cannot go back to get that ones marked **, if you missed it, you're gonna have to play again or load up an earlier save.

PorkChopIsBeast
05-30-2010, 10:22 PM
umm i need help finding the 5th power to the people. it says its near sinclair spirits but i cant find it

DogPoloni
05-31-2010, 02:57 AM
umm i need help finding the 5th power to the people. it says its near sinclair spirits but i cant find it

In the room right next to the place, go behind the counter an activate the button to open the door.

themikewoo
09-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Don't you love it when you post something your having a hard time finding, decide to look one more time and you find what your looking for :D

mari54
09-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I can't find this one: "18. Just inside the vent is McDonagh's Meeting Ryan audio diary."
Is there a map location for this, that would be much easier to find it.

victorvolt
11-19-2010, 02:55 PM
*Diane McClintock - New Year's Eve Alone - Located on a table before entering the bathroom)
I think that it should be noted that to some, this might imply that it's on the table right before entering the bathroom, when it is actually on the table next to the big statue downstairs. /nitpick

Tasha
11-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Apart form the two in 'Welcome to Rapture' are there anyother 'missable' ones?

BurningBlaze21
02-18-2011, 03:28 AM
The Audio Diary, called: First Encounter - Andrew Ryan

It is listed as on the ground near 3 red crates, and a Bouncer corpse.

I can confirm, I re-loaded my save 3 times, and picked the diary up each time, yet when i press the back button to look at the diaries I had collected it was not showing up.

I am really concerned that its not going to count it as collected for the historian achievement. I am currently at Fort Frolic, and have not missed any audio diary up to this point.

If anyone has seen/knows what to do any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am going to keep going on with the guide to get the rest of the diaries, and will repost if the achievement does or does not pop up.

STurbo53
02-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Did you look in all your locations. I had one diary which showed up in a different location. If it does, then you still will get credit.

BurningBlaze21
02-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Alright, I see it now, yeah. Now I know how the guide maker got confused because Andrew Ryan's First Encounter tape is found in the farmers market, but pops up in Neptune's Bounty. Thank you! :)

Tilllu
03-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Jei, collected all diaries yesterday and it took a big effort to find every one. Thanks for the guide because couple diaries where really hard to find. ;)

Denizens44
03-23-2011, 11:20 PM
I love audio diaries, they tell of the events that happened during rapture's fall.

pantz72
05-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Great guide

Master Valafar
06-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like the images aren't working anymore, at least for the moment. Anyway, that was a great guide. It began today since yesterday I was using the pictures to help.

Sanral
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks a lot for this guide. It helped me find all those diaries I had missing. :)

Archangel Aiden
06-28-2011, 02:37 AM
There's one audio diary in particular that i'm having trouble finding. It's #2 in the Farmer's Market area (First Encounter). The picture and description state that it's near the bouncer corpse in the lower storage room, but I only came across audio diary #3. Please help!

Edit: Sorry, should have read the rest of the posts. It turns up in Neptune's Bounty just like a previous poster said :). Thanks for the guide and thanks for your post Burning Blaze 21 :)

Edit #2: Now I seem to be having trouble locaating #4 in Farmer's Market called Desperate Time. Any ideas? I've been in the little crawlspace with two corpses hanging there, but I can't seem to find any audio diary to speak of. Thank you for any help.

Hallowgraves
07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I missed the Vitachambers diary in Central Controls. Once you pass that area up, you can't go back. >_<

So looks like I'll be doing ANOTHER run through, just for this final achievement. Yay.

Hallowgraves
07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
There's one audio diary in particular that i'm having trouble finding. It's #2 in the Farmer's Market area (First Encounter). The picture and description state that it's near the bouncer corpse in the lower storage room, but I only came across audio diary #3. Please help!

First Encounter doesn't appear in the Farmer's Market log. It shows in Neptune's Bounty for some odd reason. I had the same trouble lol.

grazza187
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
see the achievment guides