PDA

View Full Version : Blue bullets

eastx
03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
What's the story with the blue bullets? Sometimes they kill me,sometimes they don't.

wuki 7
03-07-2012, 10:31 AM
i cant even get passed level 1

F TANK
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
I hit stage 2 or 3 and the game is pretty damn tight but just needs some more technical explanations. Im thinking that if u move just in time it may be 1 of those situations they consider a near miss, etc.

GR4V1G0R3
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
i found level 1 to be pretty easy (no miss until boss, where i went retarded and only 2.4Mil short of the other achievement, if i didn't die i would've got it fa sho), level 2 B on the other hand, grrrr i'm lucky if i can pass mid-boss

no idea with the bullets behaving "oddly" eastx, only had my first game on it

cant figure out the scoring mechanic yet, with it being auto fire, hopefully the later levels are jam packed with enemies, otherwise the 5000 hit combo will be a bitch

i think it's really safe to say that all the score ones have to be done in 1 play through no continuing, as your score doesn't carry over, and no settings aside from sound, ouch!

any ideas on the secret achievements ?

EDIT~

i was wrong about the scores thing... just did a fresh run on 1, looked at my score on 2a, and it was 0, also appears that you next level is based on your score for current level

under 35k -> 2a over 35k -> 2b (no idea about others, i still cant clear either level 2's)

now just a thought i had about your blue shots, you do know that your hit box is only the green bit (cockpit) and the bigger projectiles are not actually that big....a common thing with cave shmups, i think those big projectiles are only half the size they look...you'd have to watch some perfect runs on previous cave titles to see them in action, i'm not good enough to avoid them either, let alone explain them

Marauderz
03-08-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes, the hit box is the green dot. bullets can fly anywhere around you. As long as they don't hit... THE DOT.

Have fun ducking and weaving!

GR4V1G0R3
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, and those big blue shots, with the white centre, only the white counts, the blue border doesn't ;)

that said, I am absolutely useless at this game :D

justindcovey
03-17-2012, 07:59 AM
cant figure out the scoring mechanic yet, with it being auto fire, hopefully the later levels are jam packed with enemies, otherwise the 5000 hit combo will be a bitch

The closer you are to an enemy, the larger score it drops. There are small, medium, and large score pieces (those medal/star things). So stick to the top of the screen and hope you dont get hit to get the higher scores. Maybe some of the unlockable ships have different firing types that would help with the hit combo. Also, the harder levels have more enemies so that could help too.