PDA

View Full Version : About the air locks on Mars...

Merch
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Its a game.... Its also not proven. No one has been to mars

Bloodrune
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Facepalm

Water does not make oxygen. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen in a process known as photosynthesis.

And the only water on mars is on the polar caps, and is frozen. Mars is not in the same orbit as the Earth, it is much farther away and gets much less sun and is ice cold.

Merch
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Its a game.... Its also not proven. No one has been to mars

I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.

Facepalm

Water does not make oxygen. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen in a process known as photosynthesis.

And the only water on mars is on the polar caps, and is frozen. Mars is not in the same orbit as the Earth, it is much farther away and gets much less sun and is ice cold.

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

Tai_MT
03-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.

Uh.... what?

Mars is further away but in the same "green zone for life" as Earth. However, it's important to note that there is no atmosphere on Mars. It's also important to note that the water only exists at the poles.

You can get oxygen from water... But only through electrolsys. What is that? Putting an electric current through liquid water. The current breaks apart the atoms into Hydrogen and Oxygen. Such a thing could be used to turn water into "fuel" and "air". http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/electrolysis

However, I doubt that there are large electrolsys machines running through liquid water there.

I'm seriously confused though. Pretty sure this whole post is something that I'd typically read on "Four Chan".

We know there is no oxygen on mars because the spectrum analysis says there isn't.

IDiivil
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Well, considering Liara is running around with just a mask on while you're outside on Mars, clearly, there's no space vacuum to be heard of -___-

Dierks_Outlaw54
03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Uh.... what?

Mars is further away but in the same "green zone for life" as Earth. However, it's important to note that there is no atmosphere on Mars. It's also important to note that the water only exists at the poles.

We know there is no oxygen on mars because the spectrum analysis says there isn't.

Actually Mars DOES have an atmosphere. If there was no atmosphere, there would be no air/wind. It is composed of 95.32% Carbon Dioxide, 2.7% Nitrogen, 1.6% Argon, 0.13% Oxygen, and other trace elements.

When you compare that to Earth's composition of 78.09% Nitrogen, 20.95% Oxygen, 0.93% Argon, 0.039% Carbon Dioxide, and other trace elements, you will see that they are drastically different.

As far as the air-locks in the game are concerned, they are an accurate depiction of what a facility on Mars would need. Don't forget that BioWare has invested a lot of resources into this Sci-Fi series. They're not going to just put random junk in the game without thinking about it. The air-lock is there because you can't breath properly without it.

SIMPLYMIDGET
03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I guess you never have seen Blue Velvet. It is always better to use a breathing device.