PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite team?

ForworN
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Well everyone, MLB as finally made its release! Yayy! :Bounce:

I was just wondering who everyones favorite team was, whether this be favorite team in general or favorite team to use in the game (If there is a difference for you)

My favorite team is the Atlanta Braves. Ive been a Braves fan ever growing up. Since I live in North Carolina and my family has all of our life, it kinda had become my states 'home team' if you can call it that. My dad has also been a diehard Braves fan his whole life so that got me started in baseball as it was.

Feel free to add on on Live if you like to talk sports or baseball in specific. Hope we have a great MLB season this year, wish everyone's team luck!

ChickinOnaChain
03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I've been a Texas Rangers fan since 1999. I hated to see them choke in the WS because I'll honestly doubt they'll make it back there anytime soon.

DStyles
03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Raised as a Yankees fans

Haters gonna hate.

Blasphemy
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Can't stop the chop, GO BRAVES!

jswartz0181
03-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Chicago cubs everyone love Wringley Field its a legend
Except for the fact that Wrigley needs to be bulldozed. :P I won't go into anything else about the Scrubs, although your post is quite ripe for doing so. :P

Obviously I'm a ChiSox fan. Always have been, even before I was a fan of baseball. Can't explain it. :P Disappointed though that we seem to have a stock manager in the game, even though Ventura was named long enough ago, and as a former player (and from not that long ago, relatively speaking), there really shouldn't be any legal issues with having him in the game.

HugTheBear
03-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Raised as a Yankees fans

Haters gonna hate.

Ditto...

Also, having moved to Detroit from New Jersey, I have become a Detroit Tigers fan... Only root against Detroit when they play the Yanks.

I've been a Texas Rangers fan since 1999. I hated to see them choke in the WS because I'll honestly doubt they'll make it back there anytime soon.

Don't be surprised if they make a run in the Wild Card. There isn't a single hole in their hitting and defense--- starting pitchers are kinda weak though. (Angels look like they got that division locked down)

ChickinOnaChain
03-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Raised as a Yankees fans

I was too because in the 50s, that's all there was on TV. Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra with Pee Wee Reese and Dizzy Dean commentating. They are my 2nd favorite team. :)

Rasp
03-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Jays fan since pretty much birth. Still haven't seen them make the playoffs in my life though :( Soon.

jacobedmcmillan
03-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Jays fan since pretty much birth. Still haven't seen them make the playoffs in my life though :( Soon.

They will within the next few years, Red Sox aren't great, the Yankees aren't great, the Rays are good but nothing fantastic. Plus there's two wild card teams now and Bautista is a beast.

My favorite is the Twinkies baby, has been for all 23 years of my life.

TealPavelski
03-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I have been a Giants fan my whole life and 2010 was an amazing season!

tiger 1
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
NY Yankees :woop:

BSH 1975
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
MLB2K11 was the first MLB game I bought. I'm from Europe, and I don't really have a favorite team. When I watch a game on ESPN, I'm a neutral.

I picked the Oakland team in MLB2K11, for no reason....I just liked their uniform and logo...LOL...Don't shoot me.

In 2K12 I want to choose a young team with lots of rookiesan bring that team to the World Series.

Any suggestions?

jaysquared2
03-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I have always been a Phillies fan, regardless of the fact I live in Florida.

Blasphemy
03-11-2012, 02:08 AM
MLB2K11 was the first MLB game I bought. I'm from Europe, and I don't really have a favorite team. When I watch a game on ESPN, I'm a neutral.

I picked the Oakland team in MLB2K11, for no reason....I just liked their uniform and logo...LOL...Don't shoot me.

In 2K12 I want to choose a young team with lots of rookiesan bring that team to the World Series.

Any suggestions?

The Braves ;). They really do have probably the most stacked group of rookies and prospects in the majors. I won the straight World Series with the Braves in My Player.

HugTheBear
03-11-2012, 02:47 AM
They will within the next few years, Red Sox aren't great, the Yankees aren't great, the Rays are good but nothing fantastic. Plus there's two wild card teams now and Bautista is a beast.

My favorite is the Twinkies baby, has been for all 23 years of my life.

That's just you hating the Yankees because they are the Yankees. They stacked their one weakness from last year; pitching. Yankees and Angels are easily the top 2 teams in the AL (I'd say the Tigers too, but losing Victor Martinez for the year hurts).

BSH 1975
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
The Braves ;). They really do have probably the most stacked group of rookies and prospects in the majors. I won the straight World Series with the Braves in My Player.

Thanks !!!

Atlanta Braves....I might just do that...Before they moved to Atlanta they were in Milwaukee...right?

My mother's grandmother lived in Milwaukee...So I do have an connection LOL....And my parents went to Atlanta a few years ago.

Now, I just have to wait untill 2K12 will be released in Belgium. :mad:

Blasphemy
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks !!!

Atlanta Braves....I might just do that...Before they moved to Atlanta they were in Milwaukee...right?

My mother's grandmother lived in Milwaukee...So I do have an connection LOL....And my parents went to Atlanta a few years ago.

Now, I just have to wait untill 2K12 will be released in Belgium. :mad:

Yes, they were the Milwaukee Braves and the Boston Braves before that.

sports_guy212
03-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Seattle Mariners

bi0nick420
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Die-hard New York Yankees fan since I can remember. :)

NoSympathyForU
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Oakland A's. I was 2 months old when they won the world series (and when we had our crazy earthquake during one of the games). Every year they piss me off with giving away their players especially this year because they gave away our best pitchers. Smh

CanuckLefty
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM

I was 8 and 9 when they won their two World Series titles. I've waited 19 years for them to succeed again; I can wait a little more.

dstew das
03-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Cleveland Indians!

Broski 185
03-15-2012, 06:24 PM
I was raised as a Dodgers fan because my family was living in L.A. for a while. We moved to Phoenix in '92 and when the Diamondbacks became a team I immediately rooted for my "new home" team. So I always cheer for the Diamondbacks, and I always play as the Diamondbacks.

RobbieTheKiller
03-17-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm a born Indians fan! I'm all Cleveland Sports baby!

I go to alot of Mahoning Valley Scrappers games too! They are the Class A affiliate of the Indians. I got to see players like C.C. Sabathia, Victor Martinez, & Lonnie Chisenhall when they were in the minors.

Go Cleveland Indians!

SilverSluggerMZ
03-17-2012, 07:57 AM
A total Rangers fan. And if you live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area like me, all of these "lifelong Ranger fans" finally came out of the woods in 2009-2010 right before we made it to the World Series.

Always have been a Rangers fan and always will be. Love me some Yu Darvish already!

In the National League, it would be the Marlins/Braves/Padres. I seem to like all of them. Also like the young Pittsburgh Pirates crew they got going on.

iceman87gt
03-26-2012, 05:29 AM
I had an Orioles shirt as a kid that was my favorite thing to wear (My cousins live near Baltimore so it was a gift), but I live in the heart of Braves Country (Metro-Atlanta), so I root for the 2 teams. Whenever they play each other I root for the team more likely to actually do something with the wins (so though I do hope the O's can make things interesting for the past 14+ years the Braves have been the ones that I ultimately wish will win).

So with the game I'm doing the Live Season with the Braves, while using the Orioles for a Franchise and as my first team for My Player (I'll probably spend a few seasons with the Braves before retiring with the O's).

I'm so glad the Orioles went back to the cartoon bird, and brought back the Orange jerseys.

tehsuffering
04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Its all about the tigers. Well be pretty good this year but watch out in 2013 Miggy-Prince-Victor historic 3-4-5!!!!

spidertactics
04-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Loved em' since I was kid...no idea why. Go Yanks.

Deyankees1
04-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Just look at my forum name.

BrotherBadger
04-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I've been going to brewer games since i was 8 years old(1991) back at old County Stadium, been a fan ever since. Heck, i even worked for the team when i was in college from 2002-2006. My mother's family is from Detroit, so i root for them casually as well.