PDA

View Full Version : For You Collectors

brsfan22
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I was looking at the prices people were paying for Bioshock on ebay and I came across this helmet replica of a Big Daddy. You guys seem to be big into collecting the game figures so I figured I should post this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BioShock-Rosie-Big-Daddy-Helmet-Bust-1-of-26-Very-RARE_W0QQitemZ120152091476QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bax x360a
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
That is pretty cool...Not worth the amount of money its going to go for though!!

brsfan22
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah I know. It's low now but it will probably up to $200 at the end.

Zef
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
It would make a good night-light for a kid, if the parent wants to scare the crap out of them =P

I'm guessing this isn't an official thing though, if it was then it would probably be pulling in more than $50.

codedigital
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
If it was the normal Big Daddy I'd be all over it. But since I haven't played the game yet I don't know the significance of this "Rosie" Big Daddy...maybe then it'll change.

brsfan22
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
It would make a good night-light for a kid, if the parent wants to scare the crap out of them =P

I'm guessing this isn't an official thing though, if it was then it would probably be pulling in more than $50.

I don't know if you read through the listing but it said that it was made by some studio and there are twenty six of them.

twelve
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
If it was the normal Big Daddy I'd be all over it. But since I haven't played the game yet I don't know the significance of this "Rosie" Big Daddy...maybe then it'll change.
There are two types of Big Daddy. Rosie and Bouncer. I haven't come across a living Bouncer yet (aside from the one you see in the demo).

This would be so much cooler if it lit up yellow or red as those are the two colours the glass is in Bioshock.

Yellow for dormant, Red when attacking. Just lighting up blue is wrong and you could buy any sort of old skool diving helmet to do that.

Zef
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't know if you read through the listing but it said that it was made by some studio and there are twenty six of them.

I did read through it, otherwise I would have pointed out that Rosie is from Rosie & Jim, not Bioshock. Still doesn't make it official, it could be a very generous fan or Nightmare Studios are taking advantage of a good game =o

I'd still much rather prefer a full size Big Daddy statue than the helmet of one. And it is still at $50.

twelve
08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I did read through it, otherwise I would have pointed out that Rosie is from Rosie & Jim, not Bioshock. Still doesn't make it official, it could be a very generous fan or Nightmare Studios are taking advantage of a good game =o
If you check the site of the people that made it they've got other costumes etc and none of them are licensed in the slightest.

There's a Gears costume (complete with chainsaw) but no mention of gears because it's completely unlicensed. There's also some costumes that look very much like Storm Troopers and the things from Killzone. Basically it looks like they see something cool and make costumes for it but dont actually say its from the game/film because its completely unlicensed. Just like this helmet (which isn't even on the site).

Zef
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
If you go to the Comissions page there is a picture with a lot of the helmets on =D

In my opinion, if it isn't official then it isn't collectable. If Irrational Games or 2K decided to get a bunch of them made then they would probably sell at greater prices since people would want them more.

HaLdAvId
08-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Big Daddy's glow green when you hypnotize them too =P

brsfan22
08-21-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm sorry to have offended you guys, I just saw it and thought someone might have wanted it.

Drunk3nR4d
08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
hah dont worry bout it dood, everyone on this site likes to jump down everyones throat.. the fact that you were being considerate bout it makes it cool in my eyes.... and mine are the only ones i see outta so thats all that matters (well, to me)

brsfan22
08-21-2007, 03:47 PM
hah dont worry bout it dood, everyone on this site likes to jump down everyones throat.. the fact that you were being considerate bout it makes it cool in my eyes.... and mine are the only ones i see outta so thats all that matters (well, to me)

I appreciate it.

twelve
08-22-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm sorry to have offended you guys, I just saw it and thought someone might have wanted it.
I certainly wasn't offended. It's an interesting item and a good find.
Big Daddy's glow green when you hypnotize them too =P
I haven't got that far then obviously :p

I've just seen Red and Yellow. In fact I've only faced Rosies so far. When you do start coming up against Bouncers (without spoiling it).

I'm just on my way to the fish market to search for distilled water and something else (cant remember what lol) to try and bring the trees back to life in arcadia