PDA

View Full Version : How do I join a friend/boost partner in a ranked match?

OKHorrific
03-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Sorry for the stupid question. I searched the forums before I posted but could not find the answer.

How do I join a friend/boost partner in a ranked match?

In the old game I would create a custom match, set the settings on best quality, and make specific settings and try to match up and time it.

Now, I got one gamertag waiting in a session, and another trying to join and it says there are no sessions available. Then some random person jumps into my created session?

Can someone give me a tip on this? How are you boosting partners meeting up?

Thanks.

VyperJMc
03-07-2012, 12:53 AM
You're doing it right, you just need to find a deserted weight class (try bantam or feather). If you still can't find each other, you've probably got incompatible connections, so you might have to get a new boosting partner.

secondfavorite
03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
the other thing to check is the option screen before you get to ranked matches? you or your friend might have slightly different settings. found that out today. if it is saying no sessions found, one of you has the settings off. otherwise you'd be finding someone.
***also, you game settings and search settings are different under the options for online play**
which doesn't make much sense to me, but hey it's THQ, why would it

OKHorrific
03-10-2012, 04:42 AM
All settings are exactly the same. Only thing I can think of is that both Xbox's are on the same router... which you'd think make it the BEST possible connection. Maybe for some reason it's blocking it out. All settings are the same, still no luck.

Thanks for the replies guys.