PDA

View Full Version : Why the nerfs? Cammy and Ibuki specifically

NoThru22
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Why the heck did they nerf the hell out of Cammy and Ibuki? Did I miss the never tournaments where they dominated?

Why did they take the invincibility away from Cammy's shoryuken? Ken and Ryu and fifteen other characters still have it.

Why did they take away Ibuki's double crouch kick? It's bad enough that she lost her super, which was the safest chipping move in the game. Once again, in what tournaments did this move dominate?

I've been practicing with both of them in Super and now they're just incredibly nerfed.

CoregBlue1
03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
canŽt speak for cammy but ibuki is still amazing imo. i played at a friends console and i like her more then in SF where she was my main.

ibuki never was a easy character to learn and in the right hands a powerful force. iŽll stick to her.

M1 Punk
03-07-2012, 02:07 PM
First of all, you can't compare this game to SF4. Even though it may look the same, it has different mechanics. It's to soon to say which characters are good or bad. You may be able to pull of crazy shit with Cammy and Ibuki with the juggle system that wasn't possible in SSF4. That should compensate for it.

AcidGlow
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Cammy - cannon spike,cannon spike,cannon spike,cannon spike,cannon spike,cannon spike

Does that ring a bell? That's why she got nerfed AE and has remained a bit more balanced with her readjusted height restriction on cannon spike so you can't spam it out the whazoo unless you us EX.

As for shotos DPs in SFXT, they aren't invincible.. they trade even with jabs... try an ex for invincibility.. that's why they have EX moves.

Ibuki.. oh boy.. I dunno what tournies you saw but Sakonoko has a crazy Ibuki.. Her annoying - knockdown, air kunai, cross up shit made her very annoying to deal with for some characters along with her jab, mk, into special links..

I only tend to find Rolento's jab jab jab jab jab jab into spinning staff shit ridiculously too easy and spammable..

bob101910
03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Cammy still feels pretty powerful. I use grapples to annoy my opponents until they get mad enough to quit or stop trying. Feels like the only way to kind of get around the big lag problem, grapples.

Doopliss SWE
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Ryu's MP SRK has 1 frame of overlapping hit frames and invincibility frames.

CoregBlue1
03-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Cammy still feels pretty powerful. I use grapples to annoy my opponents until they get mad enough to quit or stop trying. Feels like the only way to kind of get around the big lag problem, grapples.

is ragequit a win for you then? or does it just disconnect without result?

Suiken
03-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Why the heck did they nerf the hell out of Cammy and Ibuki? Did I miss the never tournaments where they dominated?

Why did they take the invincibility away from Cammy's shoryuken? Ken and Ryu and fifteen other characters still have it.

Why did they take away Ibuki's double crouch kick? It's bad enough that she lost her super, which was the safest chipping move in the game. Once again, in what tournaments did this move dominate?

I've been practicing with both of them in Super and now they're just incredibly nerfed.

You can't compare every character and every move from Street Fighter 4 to this game; they are different games with different mechanics. Just because Cammy and Ibuki didn't dominate in SF4 doesn't mean those moves wouldn't have been over the top in this game.

Every character has seen changes. Get over it...