03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
You can only use Katana in this game?

jackofblades
03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
why would it be be stupid if it was its not like they have taken the bow out

hope not

a7x4lyf3
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
They've said nothing about that, but even if this is true it won't bother me very much, still a die hard Ninja Gaiden fan and will love the game regardless.

Foxhound300
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't say it's confirmed, but the only weapons that we've seen so far are katanas (both in multiplayer and single player), and the "blade through bone" mechanics wouldn't work with several of the weapons that we've had through the series. Pick and Chain (don't remember the name) and the Lunar comes to mind.

I'd like to present you all with a worst case scenario, for a minute. There is nothing to suggest that is true, but based on everything they've said, this is the worst case scenario.

So far we have seen 3 swords. The Dragon Sword, that DOA Sword, and the cursed sword from Ninja Gaiden 2. The developers said that there is no way to level up your weapons in Ninja Gaiden 3, and instead the weapons level up automatically based on which level you're on.

So, what if they're all the same sword? Not to say, obviously, that they are physically the same weapon, but what if each of those weapons represents a different "level" of katana? You start with the Dragon Sword (level 1), then get the DOA sword (level 2), then the cursed sword (level 3). Then when you get the Dragon Sword back at the end of the game, I'm willing to bet it will be the True Dragon Sword, or a similar suped up version that will be level 4.

Again, this is worst case scenario. I honestly wouldn't mind too much because I like using swords (though the Lunar got me through Ninja Gaiden 2) but it would certainly piss lots of people off and SCREAM lazy design that is only paralleled by the first God of War.

rc deaths agent
03-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Well i hope it isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me if it was based on the direction their taking this series. Steel on bone, no dismemberment, no ot's, (not sure about ut's) less difficult....sure why not only use one weapon...lol.

I absolutely loved ng2. if the camera was a bit better that game would've been near perfect imo. And from what i'm seeing and hearing ng3 looks like it will pale in comparison.

Foxhound300
03-13-2012, 10:30 PM
UTs are in the game still but they're based on how many people you kill.

Seriously, that's basically the only purpose the arm serves, how could you not have seen that?

rc deaths agent
03-15-2012, 02:11 AM
UTs are in the game still but they're based on how many people you kill.

Seriously, that's basically the only purpose the arm serves, how could you not have seen that? Well i havn't really watched much gameplay footage other than a couple short videos and they showed mostly qte's showing off the steel on bone crap.

Foxhound300
03-15-2012, 05:15 AM
A lot of people are complaining about those, but they're basically just OTs.

jackofblades
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Why are people moaning if they dont like it dont get it easy as that

Dark Anaconda
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
I posted something about this in another thread, there will be more Weapons according to the news , but the question is: New Weapons in Multiplayer or Singleplayer? Or both?

jackofblades
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Single player be best

Foxhound300
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Why are people moaning if they dont like it dont get it easy as that

That's nice, simple logic but here's the problem: most of the people that are complaining are fans. Fans of Ninja Gaiden or action games in general who would buy the game normally but have been driven away by the QTEs and the lack of decapitation/limb removal, rumors of easy difficulty and the lack other weapons. The DLC is driving lots of people away too because it's going to be pay-for in the USA.

I was just in a whole thread last night full of angry Ninja Gaiden fans where only 5% of them seemed interested/willing to give the game a shot. And again you might say "big deal," but consider that Ninja Gaiden is not the most popular series in the world, especially now that its head developer has abandoned the franchise. Ninja Gaiden needs all the friends it can make these days, and it's alienating more people than its recruiting at this point.

It also doesn't help that there's lots of misinformation going around. For example, in that thread last night, someone was saying that there was no Reverse Wind Technique when there clearly is in the gameplay trailers.

jackofblades
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
But everything changes when i First heard about it was annoyed to when they brought out the demo showing all the QTE, but im not going to disown the game because of that things change overtime, it doesnt help they had a new lead designer but what can anyone do

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Wait no dismemberment. Why...

jackofblades
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
dismemberment is still in the game but only in while doing certain things but arms and legs and heads dont fly off for fun anymore lol, they said they wanted to make it more reallistic

Foxhound300
03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
dismemberment is still in the game but only in while doing certain things but arms and legs and heads dont fly off for fun anymore lol, they said they wanted to make it more reallistic

Actually that's less realistic. Slicing someone over and over again and nothing falls off? Especially when the steel on bone has you slicing people in half.

Wait no dismemberment. Why..I think they want it to be less graphic, considering that Sigma 2 had no blood in it at all.

but im not going to disown the game because of that things change overtime

Of course things change over time. The problem is that many people see these new changes as negative.

jackofblades
03-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, still going to be a great game but things might have changed to much and put people off. just wonder how much DlC they are going to make to unlock extra Weapons, nothing has been said about Staff or any of the others, well Scythe and claws are going to be back but who knows if thats just for co-op or both