PDA

View Full Version : Level 8: Help

Vorta
03-08-2012, 01:30 AM
How do you get past the helicopter once you have the rocket launcher and you're on the tower/roof? I mean, sure, blow it up, but any tips? Any good places to hide? Anyone know how many shots it takes on Splinter Cell difficulty?

Vorta
03-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Okay, got past it. Figured out there's a pattern to the missiles they shoot at you, and just stayed behind the structure you start near. Still is a pain, but totally doable.

perryboy26
03-13-2012, 03:26 AM
It probably wasn't the helicopter killing you. There are 2 places that has steam coming out that you have to wait till it dissipates before you can advance to the next piece of cover.

TrishTheDish
03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Okay, got past it. Figured out there's a pattern to the missiles they shoot at you, and just stayed behind the structure you start near. Still is a pain, but totally doable.
Something else I found: DO NOT go into cover. Just stand NEAR the cover object. Going into cover means you can still be hurt by the splash damage from the missiles.

NUROK
08-13-2012, 03:47 AM
DO go into cover. you get splash damage, but not enough to kill you when i didn't use cover i died.

slysy
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm stuck on the bit straight after the helicopter, where you have to jump between the buildings. I press the 3 buttons when prompted during the jump, but it always shows me falling into the gap still. Can anyone help me out and tell me how to progress please?

Arsenic 17
08-24-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm stuck on the bit straight after the helicopter, where you have to jump between the buildings. I press the 3 buttons when prompted during the jump, but it always shows me falling into the gap still. Can anyone help me out and tell me how to progress please?

push the buttons faster. There is a timer bar at the top of the screen. especially on the harder difficulties, the time is short and you need to push the on-screen buttons as fast as possible.

Now about this mission, no one here really answered the question? I am also stuck on this? Do you just keep rocketing the helicopter? I just kept shooting it 20+ times and it wont die? I am wondering do you need to shoot the side of the copter, because the front is very armored?

xMidget_Furyx
09-01-2012, 03:21 AM
To answer the op. Just keep in cover and shoot with the rockets. Took about 25-30 rocket shots on splinter cell difficulty

Creech
03-04-2013, 12:47 AM
I shot down the helicopter and went inside. Now I am at the part where you hop out the window and edge along under the windows. I just die for no discernible reason just after the checkpoint. Any suggestions, or is this just one of those lovely game breaking bugs?

Edit: Figured it out....there are actually steam pipes behind you that you can't see once you climb out. However, if you look to the right, you can see them intermittently leaking steam, which kills you. It is just a matter of watching for the steam and then moving after it stops.