PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not liking the new "mining"?

DragonusDarque
03-08-2012, 02:01 AM
First, let me start by saying I love this game. I only have a few minor problems, but this is a big one.
I started exploring the galaxy and it says to scan the areas, but too much scanning brings reapers to investigate. Okay, I understand this. Especially since I was in a Reaper-controlled area (I was in the cluster for the "Rescue Turian Primarch" mission).
Problem is, the meter seems to fill up quick. I can't even scan the area before the meter fills, so then I have to do a mission and hope I don't scan the same areas next time, which will waste meter space.
I only have one non-Reaper area open to me, which I scanned, but there was nothing. It seems, though, that you can freely scan an area with a mass effect relay (even in an area under Reaper control), just not the areas around it.
Can anyone confirm if this is because of the Reaper control in the area, or if this happens in every system, no matter who controls it?

DarkReign2021
03-08-2012, 02:08 AM
I've had the same complaint. The reaper detection system is way too sensitive. I only get 2 or 3 scans max before they come after me.
Typically I try to spot the elusive Refueling stations first. After that I leave the system and do guerrilla scans in and out of the system while evading the reapers.When you're in the transition screen between Systems, the direction your ship is facing when you enter a system will determine what side you show up on. So I usually just pop in from each of the 4 "corners" of the system and spam my scanner. If you've found the refueling station, the remaining point or two will be on a planet, so it's easier to determine where to scan. The refueling stations are a bit more luck-based.

DragonusDarque
03-08-2012, 02:15 AM
That was my first thought, was to scan near planets first. I try to get as many planets into my scan as possible, and found the fueling station by pure luck. Are the stations the only things floating in space, with the other things on planets, or is everything just all over the place?

Edit: Well, this outta help things out A TON:
http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-3-planet-scanning-guide-war-assets-artifacts-intel-and-credits/

Subion
03-08-2012, 04:06 AM
I actually like it alot better then the last game. The trick I use helps me alot. Fly around and hit scan as many times as you can until reapers show up. depending on your location and theirs you can get a couple more scans as you outrun them. They don't kill you until they have been directly on your ship. As they get close run out of the area and then enter it again.

It will have the reapers just coming in as you get there then just make a straight line flying threw the system only changeing direction to avoid reapers then leave when they are close. just keep repeating. One thing to note is depending what way your ship faces when you enter the system effects what side you enter from. Try different sides so you can scan different areas faster. When I started this I never had to play a mission to rest the system.

DragonusDarque
03-08-2012, 05:26 AM
That...seems like a giant, annoying pain in the ass to do! I think I will just stick with the guides and use those to find all the stuff. That way, I can concentrate on the actual game. The link I put in my last post shows exactly where to scan, so that will save me some headaches.