PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer now requires an online pass :(

demphra
03-08-2012, 03:47 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n7815/online-pass-required-for-ninja-gaiden-3.htm

just when $$$ spent for retail, gold memberships, and dlc couldn't be enough. it's pretty sad too because my other siblings who are also excited to play the online on their personal gts on the same 360 as me will be forced to pay, and the free online pass inside the retail could only be used for one person which makes it unfair. how do you feel about this guys.

StolenPaper18
03-08-2012, 04:08 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n7815/online-pass-required-for-ninja-gaiden-3.htm

just when $$$ spent for retail, gold memberships, and dlc couldn't be enough. it's pretty sad too because my other siblings who are also excited to play the online on their personal gts on the same 360 as me will be forced to pay, and the free online pass inside the retail could only be used for one person which makes it unfair. how do you feel about this guys.

Can't your siblings buy the online pass for like $10 a pop? I'm really not seeing a huge deal with these online passes.

Edit: I should fix this before someone tries to rip my head off. I understand money is tight for some people, but honestly...what's $10? Shit, you could go stand on a street corner for an hour or two and make that much from panhandling. All I'm saying is, support the game creators. Online passes are becoming more and more popular, get used to it and get a job.

demphra
03-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Can't your siblings buy the online pass for like $10 a pop? I'm really not seeing a huge deal with these online passes.

why pay extra when they spent $$$ for 12 months of gold to gain access with all of xbl online features. this is just another way of highway robbery. i don't know how you spend your $$$, and i could care less. but people who are in the same situation as me feel the same way. get my point

demphra
03-08-2012, 04:22 AM
and i disagree with online passes being more and more popular when theres still a handful of recent online games that don't have them, because it's already fully complete in the package for peoples $ worth. this is just more greediness for techno copying of off ea and ubi.

demphra
03-08-2012, 04:31 AM
and what more is there to support for the creators eh, when thousands already paid for the full retail during pre-orders, and techno would get their complete paycheck either way. wouldn't they want the game to attract more people to get their $ worth and sell more without paying extra for something that should've been on the disc from the get go. look at the treatment ff xiii-2 got with all those pricey dlc that should've already been complete on the disc. it lost fans, same thing reflects on online passes.

ChickinOnaChain
03-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Online passes are like the baggage on airplanes...when one does it, the rest will follow. It may force others, like me, to stop playing online (I do play with my friends) and cancel their Gold...if it gets bad enough.

StolenPaper18
03-08-2012, 04:40 AM
why pay extra when they spent $$$ for 12 months of gold to gain access with all of xbl online features. this is just another way of highway robbery. i don't know how you spend your $$$, and i could care less. but people who are in the same situation as me feel the same way. get my point

and i disagree with online passes being more and more popular when theres still a handful of recent online games that don't have them, because it's already fully complete in the package for peoples $ worth. this is just more greediness for techno copying of off ea and ubi.

I get your point, I really do. But, the money that one pays for a 12 month subscription doesn't help out the specific game company in anyway (at least not to my knowledge).

It costs money to make games and maintain servers and what not. They are a company and like any company their main goal is to make a profit. If they don't make a profit, they close and they don't produce any more games that people love. I'm not saying any particular company is or isn't greedy, it's just business.

Edit: Is it unfair to us, the consumers? Maybe. Is it unfair to game companies to make a product and lose money on it because one game gets passed between multiple people? Maybe.

demphra
03-08-2012, 05:07 AM
I get your point, I really do. But, the money that one pays for a 12 month subscription doesn't help out the specific game company in anyway (at least not to my knowledge).

It costs money to make games and maintain servers and what not. They are a company and like any company their main goal is to make a profit. If they don't make a profit, they close and they don't produce any more games that people love. I'm not saying any particular company is or isn't greedy, it's just business.

Edit: Is it unfair to us, the consumers? Maybe. Is it unfair to game companies to make a product and lose money on it because one game gets passed between multiple people? Maybe.

corrupt business it is then. i wonder how active the onlines going to be for this then after a couple of months, as rarely people bought it specificly for mp. come to think of it ng shouldnt have multiplayer in the 1st place as all the privious ng games were sp catered for a longer story driven experience and that was the true nature of what ng was for fans. if i want multiplayer then it should only be in shooters, racing, and fighting games etc. because now ng3 will be shorter just like the other 2 ac games

a7x4lyf3
03-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Ok yes it's a pain in the ass lately with games especially Mortal Kombat and AC: Revelations since ac brotherhood and mortal kombat in the past have already had multiplayer in the game for free, but if you're going to be picking up a brand new copy of NG3 then why should you honestly complain about this...?

Foxhound300
03-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Actually I have a counter argument to ALL of this complaining: why do you care about Ninja Gaiden 3's multiplayer? It's going to be AWFUL.

a7x4lyf3
03-11-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't think it will be awful, it looks fun to play, can't really judge something unless you've given it a shot.

Telekiller7
03-17-2012, 06:05 PM
If I bought new games I wouldnt have a problem.
If I bought used games, I dont think $10 is too much.

But I RENT games, so unless its good enough that I buy it, I never get dlc for anything. and now, for me at least, multiplayer is becoming dlc. thats what I hate about this whole mess. maybe I just dont know crap about the industry,but why dont developers or whoever just sue gamestop for not paying them anything for used sales.

Foxhound300
03-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Because it's not just gamestop. It's things like ebay and stuff too.

The thing that all the developers seem to forget is that used sales don't increase the number of people playing their game, there are still the same number of players. But now there are even less, technically, because online passes stop people from wanting to buy the games used.

Really the only people that are truly suffering here are people who loan their friends games. Most people (well, me) buy used games for the single player because no one plays the multiplayer any more. Like Timeshift, for instance.

Telekiller7
03-17-2012, 07:27 PM
you know, honestly, Im not even a big multiplayer guy. the real issue for me is multiplayer achievements when I cant play the multiplayer. The only game I can think of that had an online pass but didnt have ******* multiplayer achievements was dead space 2, so I was perfectly fine with that. plus, it even let me try out the multiplayer for a day or something. didnt really like it, but it was nice that they did that.

ajennice
03-17-2012, 11:30 PM
here's my pisser.. if the game is 60.00 NEW and 55.00 USED... it's better to get he new over the used. The shops should consider the 10 online pass and lower the resale price. Our shop has any game that requires ANY cost to play online 30.00 FLAT!!! That way you spend only 40.00 for a used game.

Pricelessatx
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Its a stupid idea the only one thats going to survive it is sports games. I mean hell look at THQ one of the first big pushers of the pass. And now their going bankrupt. Its a bad mover for most game companies and their going to go down just like THQ!!

And i hope they do serves them right just to be greedy.

Dodge dosnt get money when a used car is sold on the web. Nor do movies, used clothes from thrift shops, used guns from pawn shops, etc., etc. the list goes on and on. Greedy i tell u just greedy.

This be DMK
03-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Since this topic is already here about it anyways I'll ask a question in it. Did anyone elses online passes not work? On the Xbox it says not a valid code and on Xbox.com it never leaves the code input page once I hit enter.

D347H0FL0V3
03-20-2012, 04:51 AM
Since this topic is already here about it anyways I'll ask a question in it. Did anyone elses online passes not work? On the Xbox it says not a valid code and on Xbox.com it never leaves the code input page once I hit enter.

My code is supposedly "invalid" as well. I wonder when they'll either make the online pass for free like (if my memory serves me well) Ubisoft did when they had the same problem with Driver: San Francisco.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 04:56 AM
I would assume it's because the game hasn't been officially released yet... -_-

D347H0FL0V3
03-20-2012, 05:00 AM
I would assume it's because the game hasn't been officially released yet... -_-

I never had this issue with other games I've picked up at midnight launches. Like Mass Effect 3.....got it at the midnight launch and the online pass worked as soon as I put it in.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 05:02 AM
It's entirely possible this one is different. Who knows. Quite honestly, it's not that big a loss either way.

D347H0FL0V3
03-20-2012, 05:05 AM
What makes little to no sense is that NG3 has an Online Pass but Operation Raccoon City doesn't.......

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 05:06 AM
What makes little to no sense is that NG3 has an Online Pass but Operation Raccoon City doesn't.......

Maybe Capcom has finally learned? HAHAHAHA just kidding, they never learn.

But wait, I don't think Capcom games have had online passes, have they? I don't remember one for MvC3

D347H0FL0V3
03-20-2012, 05:11 AM
I don't remember the fighter games having them ever either. It's just weird since I read several articles that game developers were going to start utilizing online pass codes and damn near every game that's come out the past year or so has had an online pass.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 05:12 AM
That's just EA's marketing strategy. Many games still do not need one, like Call of Duty or Batman.

This be DMK
03-20-2012, 07:34 AM
I never had this issue with other games I've picked up at midnight launches. Like Mass Effect 3.....got it at the midnight launch and the online pass worked as soon as I put it in.

Plus the one you have to buy if the game was bought used is already up on the marketplace. Just seems odd they wouldn't have it ready.

Bennieficial
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Car manufacturers don't get money from the sale of used cars. Movie makers don't get money from the sale of used DVDs/blu-rays. Why should video game makers get money from used games? What makes video games any different? They got their money from the initial purchase of their product, so they should quit their bitchin

Spartanwarninja
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Car manufacturers don't get money from the sale of used cars. Movie makers don't get money from the sale of used DVDs/blu-rays. Why should video game makers get money from used games? What makes video games any different? They got their money from the initial purchase of their product, so they should quit their bitchin
Very good point there. To expand, why should they negate the experience for gamers when buying used. It will surely disway gamers from thinking about buying the other products new when they know that such companies are willing to go to such lengths to ruin their own gaming experience if used.

For example, EA. If i bought a used copy of a game and enjoyed it I would buy a new copy of it's sequel. But in this current condition if i bought a game used, it limits me to only the single-player portion or maybe less. I wouldn't enjoy it given that I know I miss out on content I may have enjoyed therefore I will most likely miss out on the sequel.

Putting a Online Pass on Ninja Gaiden 3 is absolutely ridiculous. For those who are not sure and choose to rent, they will not get a opportunity at the multiplayer and therefore limit there gameplay to the single-player portion. If the online was a redeeming quality of the game people might actually have bought it just so they could play the online. But no they miss out instead and therefore Team Ninja/Koei have a lose lose. No sale and no purchase of the season pass.

I for one keep my multiplayer games and certain single player games are more disposable as they carry less replayability over time. NG3 is never gonna be a core multiplayer game so why put a season pass to further isolate potential buyers. Generally people don't rent games they invest time in multiplayer in.