PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock - Secret Achievements - Has the twist been spoilt?

Mr HowardHughes
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I was having a peek at the Bioshock achievement list and accidentally had a glance at the secret achievements. This was very stupid as I haven't played the game and I read that one of the achievements was to take a photo of dead Cohen, and the other was to become a Big Daddy.

Have I completely spoilt the story for myself? Please don't let me know any further spoilers, just want to know whether I have messed up one of the best gaming experiences to come my way.

I'm looking forward to playing it come Friday. Although I'm currently kicking myself in the head.

Enjoy it.

K00PA TR00PA
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
The dead cohen thing isnt a big spoiler, hes not a main character. Becoming a big daddy is not so bad either. I wouldnt read the rest of them, lol.

Zef
08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
This is sort of like the whole Harry Potter spoilers thing. Knowing the outcome of the game doesn't mean anything unless you know what happens inbetween. Just because you know what you need to do for achievements that are story related doesn't mean you can't enjoy the adventure getting them.

I too have seen the achievements for the game, in no way do I think it is going to be pointless to play the game because of that.

Just know that you have no idea what you need to do for them, but you are going to find out for yourself first hand =)

Mr HowardHughes
08-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I like the way you guys think.

deathbypig37x
08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I was having a peek at the Bioshock achievement list and accidentally had a glance at the secret achievements. This was very stupid as I haven't played the game and I read that one of the achievements was to take a photo of dead Cohen, and the other was to become a Big Daddy.

Have I completely spoilt the story for myself? Please don't let me know any further spoilers, just want to know whether I have messed up one of the best gaming experiences to come my way.

I'm looking forward to playing it come Friday. Although I'm currently kicking myself in the head.

Enjoy it.

Well, I don't think anyone here would openly, and randomly just spoil the game for you, the fact that "maybe" some of the plot points were spoiled for you doesn't mean you should open a thread about it, and it certainly doesn't mean you should spoil it for anyone else.

And well, I think that yes, the twists may have been spoiled for you, but next time, to prevent it, don't look at the secret achievments and their descriptions. (DUH!:p)
And also, you should still get the game, because even if you know a few things that will *or might* happen, doesn't mean the game experience is ruined. I'm sure that for everything that you now know, there are dozens of things you don't know about the story/plot. Just don't worry about it.:)

twelve
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
The dead cohen thing isnt a big spoiler, hes not a main character. Becoming a big daddy is not so bad either. I wouldnt read the rest of them, lol.
I only read the cohen and big daddy ones and then stopped myself because I realised why they were secret. lol

Is there any other spoilers in them or should i go ahead and read them anyway?

This forum should have spoiler tags for things like these achievements.

Mr HowardHughes
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry if this thread has spoilt twists for anybody. I thought the title of the thread made it clear.

Apologies

Krueger
08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
it got me more about intrigued at the game than mad that it was a spoiler

Mr HowardHughes
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Good point.

Guess that's another way of looking at it.

sln333
08-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Well I usually read some stuff about games before I play them so I know what will happen or at least part of it. It's okay to read some story points of games because just because you know what will happen doesn't mean it isn't fun playing it. Oh and btw twelve has the best avatar of all.

InSoMnIaC_190
08-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I read a major one that I won't mention here. Some idiot posted it on IGN in some thread and the thread had nothing to do with BioShock he just mention it to be an a-hole lol.

Goodboy33
08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
I think this is a good idea seeing as I usually take a quick glance at achievements when I start a game. Making them secret helps avoid ruining the story

twelve
08-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Well spoiler tags have been implemented now so as long as people use them this sort of thing shouldn't happen again.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=371416&postcount=23

M7.Ninja
08-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Someone could tell me everything that would happen in the game, from beginning to end, and I'll still pick it up and play it. Why? Because hearing about it is never the same as experiencing it.