PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Items, Worth It?

Craphex
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
So it comes out tomorrow in the UK, alas I have lack of funds! So I'm unfortunately going to have to wait a week or 2 before buying it.
Was going to order from ShopTo, they have the Argus and Valkyrie weapons and the Defender armour. So I guess I only have till the end of the day to be able to get those, or would they still send them out with the game once it has been released?

Quickdraw
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
So it comes out tomorrow in the UK, alas I have lack of funds! So I'm unfortunately going to have to wait a week or 2 before buying it.
Was going to order from ShopTo, they have the Argus and Valkyrie weapons and the Defender armour. So I guess I only have till the end of the day to be able to get those, or would they still send them out with the game once it has been released?

i know the street fight codes don't come out till tomorrow so i can assume mass effect 3 could be the same, i wouldn't risk it today would be your last day to get the codes, after release date theres no garentee you might get them.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Well i got it from shopto. Which game me the n7 warfare pack and a cool t shirt :)

Quickdraw
03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Well i got it from shopto. Which game me the n7 warfare pack and a cool t shirt :)
someone mentioned on the shopto forums that on twitter that they were going to give out the n7 codes later tonight, so as long as you pre order before tomorrow they should have a code for you.

You have till about 5 to make a choice as after that they have one more outgoing delivery and you risk not getting it friday, well 5.20ish to be exact but earlier is always better.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Mines just arrived! yeeesss

EDIT: Website still has my code locked tho so will have to wait for my extra stuff

Quickdraw
03-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Mines just arrived! yeeesss

EDIT: Website still has my code locked tho so will have to wait for my extra stuff

damn you /shakes fist think i sorted my face code which i probably going to need.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Just installing to hdd. Im praying my import works because i moved it to cloud for a whole 30 seconds. However im 98% sure its on the original hdd. Fingers crossed.

Quickdraw
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Just installing to hdd. Im praying my import works because i moved it to cloud for a whole 30 seconds. However im 98% sure its on the original hdd. Fingers crossed.

magic 8 ball says try again later. i am dreading it as well but have to wait and see.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-08-2012, 10:53 AM
If i cant just because i moved it and they instantly moved it back :@. I will have to do me2 again! Ill update in a few mins

EDIT:Import worked thank god!

Craphex
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Cheers for the replies, does anyone know if those weapons and armour are any better than the in game ones?

Quickdraw
03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
If i cant just because i moved it and they instantly moved it back :@. I will have to do me2 again! Ill update in a few mins

EDIT:Import worked thank god!

now its my turn to see whats messed up.

AceMcCloud
03-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Ah man, you guys have it already?
I've JUST got the email from Sainsburys to say it's been shipped.
Can't believe ShopTo have got stock back in again... failed credit card transaction orders? If so, and I was one of those... I'd been po'd.

So... I have to wait until tonight/tomorrow to get my code? I only ask because in the past I've waited days, weeks (well, after a couple of days I start calling) for pre-order codes, so now I'm a little more jumpy on ensuring I get them.

FeJ
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Cheers for the replies, does anyone know if those weapons and armour are any better than the in game ones?

I would like to know also, anyone?

Scotty
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM

haven't got mine yet, but i'd imagine that they are just average. you aren't gonna get the best weapons as a pre-order bonus. but i can't 100% varify this though.

upindat
03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Well i got a 10 dollar credit from amazon which was great. As for the gun. Not impressed. DAMN the recoil.

Craphex
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Ah well looks like I'm gonna have to wait to buy it, hopefully those preorder items will become dlc or maybe there will be better items in game which will make them obsolete anyway. Hope you guys have fun! :D

MicroCool
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
More than likely all pre-order items will become DLC later on. That happens all the time so unless you want them day one then pre-order now if not then wait. There is plenty of cool stuff in game.

jules the great
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I have all the pre order stuff but I am liking the in game weapons and armor better. I am noticing too that my armor is showing wear an tear.

ColdSpider72
03-08-2012, 05:04 PM

I never used the armor because the stats are negligible. I like customizing my armor and the customizable armor pieces that I am finding have better stats when combined than the non-customizable armor sets.

As for the guns, the valkyrie rifle is the best so far. It is super accurate and relatively strong. I never liked the Argus from the last game because it is obnoxiously loud and the recoil is horrible (until you upgrade the hell out of it). I made one of my squadmates use it so I could see it in action. Meh. The shotgun seems ok, however I don't use shotguns myself because they need to be reloaded to often and that gets annoying in the heat of battle. My squadmate seems to be wrecking with it, though.

niko da bos
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I have all the pre order stuff but I am liking the in game weapons and armor better. I am noticing too that my armor is showing wear an tear.

yeah, actually i havent even redeemed my code thingy yet. i tried entering the "from ashes" DLC and bonus stuff, but it said the code was invalid. i had no time to waste entering in tedius codes, i have to save the galaxy!

ahaaa i still havent used my codes for the DLC or pre-order bonus. actually i think they expire soon and i should probably try them out. but for me the game is so good stock, i really didnt feel the need to add more content yet.

the avengerV (upgraded I thru V) works wonders for my vanguard. then i just switch to shotgun when husks come, or if my girls are in danger (garrus too:)). lol you dont want to see my shepard when those beastly reapers are charging my friends, i just go over-protective father mode and kill everything. ahaha

Craphex
03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
So I've finally got the money to buy the game today, was gonna head to my local to buy a copy then I thought I would check ShopTo for a price comparison. Anyway I noticed they are still saying the N7 warfare pack is still free with any format of the game, how likely would it be that I actually receive a code now that the game is out.
http://www.shopto.net/microsites/ME3/

Headless Snip3r
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I downloaded the 3 pack code for the pre-order, and the items are not even worth it. You very quickly get better assault rifles than the pre-orders, and the armor doesn't help at all on insanity.