PDA

View Full Version : Campaign DLC

Vectorman953
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
While patrolling through the preorder forums, trying to think of something witty to say, and thought that day one dlc with an extra mission would be pretty awesome - then I realized that Bungie never released any single player/campaign DLC for any of their games.

Do you guys think that since 343 studios has taken up the reins, do you think we may get some extra time with the master chief?

iBuzz7S
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Single player? Hope not. They should take a look at what Bungie did to keep people playing their games and work off that.

I'd opt for a more difficult campaign > DLC for the campaign.

DarkReign2021
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
You're poll doesn't make sense. You ask if we think they will, than the answers refer to whether we think they should rather than if we think they would.

Personally, I don't think 343 will ever give us single-player DLC. I do, however, want them to add more missions in the future. An idea I always had since the first Halo, but never saw implemented until GTAIV and Gears 3 was to implement side stories with different characters that take place in cohesion with the events of the original experience. I always would've liked to have seen the exploits of an ODST squad or what Johnson was always up to in Halo 2 and 3. H3: ODST was originally intended to be like this, but fleshed out into a full-fledged game instead, so it didn't count.

Even different genre influences would be welcome. I don't see there being much difficulty in implementing a portion of the Halo Wars engine, for example, into the events of the main series and having an RTS DLC mission. I always thought this would be a fun opportunity to play some of the background battles in Halo: Reach (like the Scarab in the background at the beginning of Tip of the Spear.) The engine they used to make the Saber fight in Reach would be a fun way to get players involved in some of the Space conflicts throughout the series as well.

SuperSkyline89
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Didn't vote since the choices are a bit off.

Would I prefer campaign DLC over map packs? Yes. Do I think they would do it? No.

WipeoutBoy1
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Wish they would but it will never happen.

fastNcurious
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I picked No cuz I like calling people "stupid idiots."

/jk

Krondawg
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I picked No cuz I like calling people "stupid idiots."

/jk

Haha im with you man

xxthegodofwarx
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
i would not mind some campaign dlc but i highly doubt it..
map packs map packs map packs

Flame03
04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
map packs
of course