PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill HD Collection

Creazil
03-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Is this going to be purchasable via Marketplace? My local game store isn't taking pre-orders or selling it (along with Mass Effect 3 and FIFA Street that they aren't selling either) so I'm just wondering.

iBuzz7S
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Does your local game store happen to be GAME by any chance? They aren't stock a few games, some of which are Mass Effect 3, FIFA Street and even Street Fighter X Tekken.

You can read more about it here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11040-Now-GAME-Won-t-Be-Stocking-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-or-Asura-s-Wrath.html).

As for your question, I don't see it being available via the marketplace.

Creazil
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Does your local game store happen to be GAME by any chance? They aren't stock a few games, some of which are Mass Effect 3, FIFA Street and even Street Fighter X Tekken.

You can read more about it here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11040-Now-GAME-Won-t-Be-Stocking-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-or-Asura-s-Wrath.html).

As for your question, I don't see it being available via the marketplace.

No, I buy my games at Gamestation but seeming as they are owned by GAME, it's no wonder they won't stock the games either. I'm pretty sure they'd release on the Marketplace, every other HD collection has.

merzitar
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
As far as I know, GAME and Gamestation are still selling it, but you never know with the way GAME have been acting latley (I can see them closing down in the near future). The game, at the moment, will be retail only. Some websites I can recommend to buy it from would be Zavvi, Shopto.net, or Amazon. You can always try Tesco, too.

Creazil
03-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Gamestation told me they weren't selling it, I got told that earlier this week. I'm popping there tomorrow anyway so I'll have a look.

merzitar
03-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Gamestation told me they weren't selling it, I got told that earlier this week. I'm popping there tomorrow anyway so I'll have a look.
That's a real pain if they aren't going to be selling it! It's where many people get their games from, and now they're not stocking half of the games coming out!! I've pre-ordered mine from Zavvi as it was the cheapest there (plus when people got MGS HD from them, it arrived a week early.. so here's hoping lol).

Creazil
03-09-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't know what EA or Gamestation have done to cause this (because ME3 was advertised all over in Gamestation only two weeks ago) but there has been some childish verbal abuse or something going on, in which Gamestation decided not to sell any of EA's games released in March, so that's why the same goes for FIFA Street. It's a real pain, 'cos I won't go to town to get Mass Effect 3, so I'll go tomorrow and if it's not there, 4800MS points it is.

I'll get it when somebody decides to trade it in there, unless they're not even going to accept trade ins for it. In my opinion, both companies are being childish and selfish, the amount of people that were so hyped for ME3, now the only two real game stores in the UK aren't selling it. So we're left with HMV, Tesco or we'll have to go to online retailers. BUt I can't be arsed with it at all, so I'll enjoy my Alan Wake, House Party Poker from last year and Gears of War 3, until Minecraft comes out and hopefully the HD collection releases on marketplace too.

EDIT: The guy who served me yesterday in Gamestation is the one that told me this and he said "EA will regret it". I'm sorry, but won't GAME and Gamestation lose money too because they won't stock one of the MOST anticipated game this year? They'd have both made major profits with ME3, it's just a shame they have to be children and say "we had a fight, I won't sell your game. REVENGE!" Me and my brothers have plenty of fights, but we always hug and make up, 'cos we're both the stronger people who can step up to our flaws and move on. And for a company whom is meant to PLEASE customers... especially when people will go into GAME(station) today to buy ME3, to realise they won't stock it due to a misunderstanding with EA. People are going to be displeased all around and GAME(station) WILL, WILL lose customers.

Ridiculous.