PDA

View Full Version : Is it great?

Fritz White
08-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm picking it up tomorrow and have been checking this forum for reactions on the game, but all I've seen our potential spoiler threads. I loved the demo. Is the game as aweome and immersive as it looks like it will be? Is it long enough? Is the story/ending cool? I just want to know if it's everything I'm hoping for, but please, NO SPOILERS! Thanks.

TheMollywhopper
08-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Hands-down the best sound design, architecture, scripting, pacing and creativity ever seen in a game. Immersion isn't quite the word to describe how it feels to play this game. I highly recommend surrounding yourself with some immaculate 5.1 speakers and cranking them up while playing this. If you can't pull that off, invest in some high quality noise-cancelling headphones and crank those puppies up. It's plenty long (took me about 35 hours, but most aren't as pokey and explorative), the story is pretty interesting (bonus points for telling most of it through the diaries so you get to really piece it all together yourself, or even skip most of it if you so choose) and the ending, while a bit out-there and short, is appropriate and satisfying.

Yes, it truly is a nearly perfect game that everyone can appreciate. Even your mom. I've been gaming for 20 years now and I can honestly say this is in my Top 5 All-Time. Easily the best game so far on the 360, and rivaled in this decade only by Resident Evil 4 (IMO). Some won't agree, and that's ok... But anyone you hear knocking this game either hasn't played it, or will die a virgin due to the fact they spend every waking moment looking for shit to whine about. I take that back... Those that don't play this game will die virgins as well.

Fritz White
08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Ahhh... shit. Now I'm really not gonna get any sleep. Gonna have fun with this.

Drunk3nR4d
08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
ya dood, i gotta agree with that guy up there... you get so hardcore into the storyline and the ability to search EVERYWHERE for ANYTHING that you just get so uptight about it... i haven't found a storyline on the 360 yet as great as this.... amazing... truly amazing..

Graham31004
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I got the game yesterday (Aug, 20th) from Amazon and immediately ripped it open and started playing it. I sat there for 4 straight hours playing Bioshock and searching everywhere! There are so many hidden items that are beneficial to you that you don't want to rush through it. I often would get ahead of myself and kill many enemy's and have to back track to search all the areas I passed. The gameplay is very smooth, challenging and gorgeous. The story takes place in the 60's so it has a old feel to it. I wasn't playing on HD and it was still very very crisp and percise. It can go up to 1080p which is going to just knock the socks off people. Best game I've bought since Gears of War. BUY NOW!

playmaker2197
08-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Simply amazing. Nothing else to say about it. I started it on hard and it poses a definate challenge. The Big Daddys are absoutly no joke.

strey101
08-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Im getting this today its going to be sweet I cant wait and for only $35 deffinitly not going to pass it up best part is yesterday was my B-Day so im getting it for that Best Present ever

nfgmusicPaul
09-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Hell yeah! This game totally rocks. I've been playing it for 8 hour periods straight, and sometimes 12 when the wifey goes to bed. I actually had a nightmare the other night. I was in a movie theater and I had a feeling that this 'green mist' was going to be sprayed into the air. Instead of warning everyone in the theater to run, for some reason I bolted out of there. A couple of minutes later I came back into the entrance and everyone was melting and dying. A friend of mine was walking towards me saying, 'come here, just for a second.' I have goose bumps just thinking about it.

The Pants Party
09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Thread was two weeks old, I think he got his answer... There's also a huge poll discussing the game, so anyone else please post there. Thanks!