PDA

View Full Version : Think there will be ANOTHER LE Halo console??

Guilt86
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
It might make some people angry, and make some excited (if you have money). But, do you think there will be another Limited Edition Halo Console on the way?

SuperSkyline89
03-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Your choices make as little sense as the poll about campaign DLC, there's no way for me to vote. Either you think there will or won't be one, regardless of whether we WANT there to be one.

It's very likely they will do a limited edition console. It's the start of a new trilogy so I'd be surprised if they didn't. But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy it, there's no way in hell I will.

At the same time, that doesn't mean I think "there better not be", this is a free market and as long as people are willing to pay for it they would be stupid not to do it. And frankly thinking that there better not be is just stupid, the existence of a limited edition console doesn't mean you have to buy one but it gives other people another option.

There are only two valid answers to this question.
1. Yes, I think they will
2. No, I don't think they will

iBuzz7S
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
There should be, it's Halo after all.

Would I buy it? I doubt it. Given their recent bundles, Microsoft offer a 250GB HDD when a 320GB HDD exists. They also include controllers which do not have the funky d-pads which can be transformed. It doesn't sound like much, but if you are to offer something in a bundle, especially when it's in limited numbers, at least go all out and make it what you claim it is.

Some art on the case should not be the selling point behind a limited edition.

Guilt86
03-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Your choices make as little sense as the poll about campaign DLC, there's no way for me to vote. Either you think there will or won't be one, regardless of whether we WANT there to be one.

It's very likely they will do a limited edition console. It's the start of a new trilogy so I'd be surprised if they didn't. But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy it, there's no way in hell I will.

At the same time, that doesn't mean I think "there better not be", this is a free market and as long as people are willing to pay for it they would be stupid not to do it. And frankly thinking that there better not be is just stupid, the existence of a limited edition console doesn't mean you have to buy one but it gives other people another option.

There are only two valid answers to this question.
1. Yes, I think they will
2. No, I don't think they will
By the time I had it all made, Yes/No sounded boring.

ChickinOnaChain
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I can see them making one but like I voted...It doesn't matter to me. I'd rather see a Skyrim one, that was given away.

CMCX360
03-08-2012, 09:57 PM
My Reach console is good enough.

StillTIPPIN187
03-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Come on.. Its Halo 4.. they put a damn CE Console out for Kinect Star Wars FFS.. Of course there will be a CE Console.

DEG23
03-09-2012, 02:04 AM
As long as there will be die hards fans of a franchise and companies that want more money, there will be themed consoles.

Vectorman953
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I really really doubt that they would release a halo themed console again, when the entire world (okay, just the parts of the Internet I frequent and IGN) are all flipping a shit about the next Xbox.

Halo 5, when the new machine is out, sure.
But trying to re-release a spray painted version of what you've already been selling for 7 years, when the newfangledwhosamuwhatsit is coming out in less than 12 months (projected) after the fact seems like a bit much.
Even for Microsoft.

Barad
04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
I never buy LE consoles, stick to my standard black Slim.

SuperSkyline89
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
But trying to re-release a spray painted version of what you've already been selling for 7 years, when the newfangledwhosamuwhatsit is coming out in less than 12 months (projected) after the fact seems like a bit much.
Even for Microsoft.

Relying on common sense, you'd be right. But gamers have proven time and time again that they're basically idiots begging to have their money taken from them. From the crap DLC most developers shovel out to branded consoles that are identical to the ones gamers already have, gamers will buy anything. They'll come here and complain about how much they hate these companies but in the end they don't have the guts to actually do anything about it.

It'll cost them almost nothing to release a console, and there will be enough idiots that will buy it because they think it makes them true fans. Microsoft will make a profit, no question about it.

Vectorman953
04-18-2012, 05:29 AM
It'll cost them almost nothing to release a console, and there will be enough idiots that will buy it because they think it makes them true fans. Microsoft will make a profit, no question about it.

Your cynicism, and the logic that spews from it humble me.
I seem to have forgotten the "there's an ass for every seat" reasoning.

Inb4: LAWLZ HEARZ 2 H0PING IT LUKZ K00L

THE KURGAN
04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
My Reach console will be good enough or at least untill the new machine is launched. Isnt that next year and if so I will save my pennies for that.