PDA

View Full Version : Rachni Queen

zhoban
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Is there any way to do the part with the Rachni Queen without getting Renegade Points? I've saved her and picked both options while speaking to Wrex and all I ever get are Renegade Points. At most, I get +2 Paragon Points. So is there any way to do this without getting Renegade Points that I'm not seeing? I would really appreciate it.

N7 Shadow
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
No there isn't any way around it for saving the queen. I can understand it since you're sacrificing the Krogan scouts to save her. I think I got +5 Paragon/Renegade points. I'm just thankful Grunt survived after I chose to save the Queen otherwise I'd be pretty upset since my Shepard has been through so much at the point that I am. "I AM KROGAN!!!" Haha it was nice hearing that during the mission.

zhoban
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
No there isn't any way around it for saving the queen. I can understand it since you're sacrificing the Krogan scouts to save her. I think I got +5 Paragon/Renegade points. I'm just thankful Grunt survived after I chose to save the Queen otherwise I'd be pretty upset since my Shepard has been through so much at the point that I am. "I AM KROGAN!!!" Haha it was nice hearing that during the mission.
Okay, thanks. It looked like saving her was the Paragon thing to do and the top right answer to Wrex was about as Paragon as I was going to get but I got +2 Paragon/ +5 Renegade.

I was really worried that Grunt was going to die actually.

I haven't played much of the game, I'm only about 10 hours in. I got to about the part where you are going to cure the Genophage but never did it. I'll probably start playing this again later then.

Mr Yac
03-08-2012, 09:28 PM
it sucks having to let the Krogan die but honestly isn't allowing an entire species to become extinct a worse thing to do then letting 5 warriors committed to their cause die?

LankstaTDOT
05-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I already had completed the loyalty mission for Grunt in ME2, so since this was the imported character I played with, I just chose to save the Rachni queen since I knew that I am getting the Grunt back and I didn't want to sacrifice an entire race of species to it's extinction and also as a plus; she is probably a pretty good war asset. But, knowing that the Queen Rachni might probably betray me in the future and loosing those 5 warriors, it became a little difficult to decide though.

zhoban
05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I already had completed the loyalty mission for Grunt in ME2, so since this was the imported character I played with, I just chose to save the Rachni queen since I knew that I am getting the Grunt back and I didn't want to sacrifice an entire race of species to it's extinction and also as a plus; she is probably a pretty good war asset. But, knowing that the Queen Rachni might probably betray me in the future and loosing those 5 warriors, it became a little difficult to decide.
If I remember correctly, you still get some War Asset points for Aralakh Company if you save her.

LankstaTDOT
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
If I remember correctly, you still get some War Asset points for Aralakh Company if you save her.

Yah that's why loosing those 5 warriors made it a little difficult. I just didn't want that rachni queen's species to extinct.

jules the great
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Grunt is a warrior unlike his Alternate Urdot Dagg

XxStuartxX 1990
05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Don't call me on this but I think if you choose to save the queen and you didnt kill the Threser Maw in Grunt's loyalty mission he dies.

Again don't call me on this but one of my friends imported his insanity run from ME2 and he didnt kill the maw, and in ME3 Grunt died.

jules the great
05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Don't call me on this but I think if you choose to save the queen and you didnt kill the Threser Maw in Grunt's loyalty mission he dies.

Again don't call me on this but one of my friends imported his insanity run from ME2 and he didnt kill the maw, and in ME3 Grunt died.
No I'm pretty sure youre right on the money. Grunts loyalty mission needs to be done for him to survive.

Veedrock
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
No I'm pretty sure youre right on the money. Grunts loyalty mission needs to be done for him to survive.

You can complete Grunt's loyalty mission without killing the Thresher Maw, you have to survive for 5 minutes.

I might be able to test it later tonight, I have a post-game ME2 save that hasn't released Grunt.

informedjamie
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Grunt is too bad ass too die from the likes of the rachni.

LankstaTDOT
05-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Grunt is too bad ass too die from the likes of the rachni.

Like some of the posts above mentioned, Grunt won't die if you did his Loyalty mission in ME2 and decide to save Rachni in ME3.

DEG23
05-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Like some of the posts above mentioned, Grunt won't die if you did his Loyalty mission in ME2 and decide to save Rachni in ME3.

This, it doesn't matter if you kill the Maw or not, as long as he is loyal he will survive.

In the long run it works out better to save the queen because you are awarded with more points, unless you killed the queen in the first game.;)