PDA

View Full Version : Rannoch *Spoilers* You have been warned

nia333
03-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Quick question here. I have heard that you can have a treaty between the Geth and Quarians. How is this achieved?

GDA
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
...Spoilers Ahead...

It's based off of a hidden point system, you have to have 5 points to achieve piece.
Saving Tali from Exile in ME2 = 2 points
Destroying the Geth Heretics in "House Divided" in ME2 = 2 points
Brokering peace between Tali and Legion in ME2 = 1 point
Completed Rannoch: Admiral Koris = 1 point
Saving Admiral Koris at the end of that mission instead of the civilians = 1 point

So once you complete tasks that meet the hidden 5 point goal you can broker piece. You will be presented with a decision at the end of the main mission where Tali says its us or them there's no way you can side with them over us. This is when you side with the geth. If you have aquired the 5 points previously mentioned you will be given a series of paragorn/renegade chat persuasions. I used everyone and was able to have them make peace. It may not be necessary to use the chat persuades/demands but I did. Hope this helps : )

ImmortalArbiter
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that you only get one total point from the Admiral Koris mission (and that's only if you save him). The other one comes from doing Legion's mission: Geth Fighter Squadrons.

VELVETxASSASSIN
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
----------SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!--------------

I just did this yesterday with my reputation bar full. When asked to choose between geth n quarians i chose to kill the geth which opened a paragon/renegade dialogue for me to choose from. I then chose the paragon option n legion sacrificed himself so the rest of the geth can be smarter. So now the rest of the geth n quarians are working together.

jules the great
03-09-2012, 03:08 PM
i choose to save the Geth and let them upload the Reaper code, I used the Blue Paragon choice and they are now buddies. A very touching part of the game I must say. On par with the Tuchanka part.

nia333
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Well with the point system I should have had the 5 points that are required to get the treaty deal but I choose to let the geth become smarter and they wiped ou the quarians completely. I didn't get any options D: So I had to reset my game which put me at the Reaper fight which is terrible.

niko da bos
03-09-2012, 03:33 PM
i choose to save the Geth and let them upload the Reaper code, I used the Blue Paragon choice and they are now buddies. A very touching part of the game I must say. On par with the Tuchanka part.

also just finished this last night, was very happy i could finally help them get the homeworld back. i didnt realize what GDA said:eek:, lol i must of just gotton lucky. i was trying to broker piece between the two, but up until then it didnt seem very possible. its a great outcome because you get both sides fighting for shepard against the reapers.

omg if you take garrus when first meeting the quarians, the dialogue is classic. i had the idea because i figured the two had some catching up to do.

"dr.chakwas got me some turian brownies, your welcome to some when we get back to the ship."
"she... got you, turian brownies?"
"yes, why?"
"nothing..."

jules the great
03-09-2012, 03:39 PM
also just finished this last night, was very happy i could finally help them get the homeworld back. i didnt realize what GDA said:eek:, lol i must of just gotton lucky. i was trying to broker piece between the two, but up until then it didnt seem very possible. its a great outcome because you get both sides fighting for shepard against the reapers.

omg if you take garrus when first meeting the quarians, the dialogue is classic. i had the idea because i figured the two had some catching up to do.

"dr.chakwas got me some turian brownies, your welcome to some when we get back to the ship."
"she... got you, turian brownies?"
"yes, why?"
"nothing..."
I think he said chocolate? I still dont get that tho.:confused:

niko da bos
03-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I think he said chocolate? I still dont get that tho.:confused:

oh yes, it was chocolate lol! its because they eat the same food, you hear them talk about it quite a bit. liara can eat human food just fine, but turians and quarians cannot, they would get sick and most likely die. so its a topic of discussion on the normandy (a predominately human ship lol).

it was just funny how tali was so hurt like ,"dr.chakwas never gave me quarian chocolate." :(

lol i dont know, some of the dialogue in ME3 just makes me laugh so hard. a lot of the little inside jokes are mass effect humor we have been hearing about for a long time. for example, how shepard can never eat the food at bars because "its for turians and quarians." a subject they explain if you ask about it to various species.

also found a GREAT side-dialogue between two engineers on the cargo deck. they were aguing which vehicle was better, the mako or hammerhead. another classic mass effect debate. i was on the mako guys side, mainly because his reasoning was damn halarious. try to find that one if you can.

I mak3 big boom
03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
I like EDIs jokes the best. She was like I only forget to regulate the oxygen in the Normandy if it's really important. Shepard had the funniest look on his face.

Opiate42
03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I like EDIs jokes the best. She was like I only forget to regulate the oxygen in the Normandy if it's really important. Shepard had the funniest look on his face.

That gave me a chuckle too :)

For those who have "From Ashes", one of my favourite lines was from Javik:

Javik *speaking of how they being the primitive species in his time all evolved to where they are now, mentions "Turians, Humans, Asari..."
Liara: The Salarians too
Javik: The lizard people evolved?
Liara: I believe they are amphibians
Javik: They used to eat flies
OT: at first I thought "screw the Admiral, he's one man he can wait" and went straight to the base mission thinking I'll just rescue him after. Then the Geth upload, no Civilian admiral to balance the war-monger, the paragon/renegade options did not appear, and I allowed the upload to continue. What happened next...

I cried.

Couldn't live with myself for that, I went back to a previous save and saved the admiral, then the P/R choices came up and Shepard saved the day.

wander the Normandy near the end of the game before you land on earth, if you didn't romance Tali or Garrus, you'll interrupt them having a "tender moment" in Garrus' usual spot on the 3rd deck.

Needless to say my worries about the writing being potentially not up to snuff because Drew leaving Bioware are greatfully diminished, damn...I laughed a lot playing this game.

GDA
03-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Glad I was able to help : )