PDA

View Full Version : So if you don't import a ME2 save...

svonhershman
03-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Bioware doesn't let you see cameos by ANY of the old characters?
My old save somehow disappeared off my Xbox (100% completion, all DLC) and now i'm stuck with not seeing more than half of the people from the first two games...

As a big defender of this game and the people talking badly about it, this is horrible. I played Mass Effect five or six times and I don't even own the game anymore, so is there any way to alter this? Any way to input decisions? I'm really upset about this because I wanted an actual resolution to this story featuring the characters from the other games...

Quantum Binman
03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Bioware doesn't let you see cameos by ANY of the old characters?

Wrong, they are there depending on what options you select at the start (you can choose only Kaidan/Ashley dead, or "Heavy losses" from ME2 if you have no save)

Sarsage
03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
My old save somehow disappeared off my Xbox (100% completion, all DLC) and now i'm stuck with not seeing more than half of the people from the first two games...

You're blaming Bioware because you were clumsy and deleted your old save. Memory dosen't magically dissapear off the face of the Earth.

svonhershman
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Wrong, they are there depending on what options you select at the start (you can choose only Kaidan/Ashley dead, or "Heavy losses" from ME2 if you have no save)

I chose that only Kaidan died, but i've missed appearances from Wrex, Jack and Kasumi so far (based on things i've read). So far i've only seen Miranda and Mordin and I think that you'd have to see them unless they died in your Mass Effect 2 save.

You're blaming Bioware because you were clumsy and deleted your old save. Memory dosen't magically dissapear off the face of the Earth.

My Xbox still has all the downloadable content from Mass Effect 2 and an old partial-completion save but for some reason when transferring data between consoles I misplaced my good save. Yes, my fault, but it sucks that BioWare decides to punish those who don't import a save rather than giving them the full story with the characters people actually care about.

Telekiller7
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I chose that only Kaidan died, but i've missed appearances from Wrex, Jack and Kasumi so far (based on things i've read). So far i've only seen Miranda and Mordin and I think that you'd have to see them unless they died in your Mass Effect 2 save.

If you didnt import a game into ME2, the default was that you killed wrex on virmire, and that carried over into this game I guess. Which I think is ridiculous cause I got 100% in ME1 and sold it but no one told me to keep my saves, so I didnt get to have wrex in ME2 or now.

No idea who jack or kasumi even are though. were they dlc characters? cause I didnt feel like getting any of it.

Belvik
03-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Sometimes when transferring data to a new HD some of the files, for no real rason, will not transfer. Hasn't happened to me, but when my friend picked up the slim xbox and transferred the data, he had 3 saves files for different games not go with the rest of his data. I wouldn't blame anyone for assuming all their data gets transferred, since that's what's supposed to happen, but it's always a good idea to double check.

guthmund
03-09-2012, 10:44 PM

No. No it doesn't, but lots of other stuff can happen. I've had friends who have had their Xbox stolen, had their hard-drives crap out on them, had one who lost his in a fire, etc. Each of them lost all their locally saved stuff.

Shit happens and, if Bioware had been smart, they would let you set all these switches when you start up a game rather than have you try to hold on to a teeny tiny bit of a digital file for years and years on hardware that, even disallowing for catastrophic acts of nature or happenstance, has been proven time and time again to be faulty...at best.

I'm not saying the OP isn't partially to blame, but he's not the only one in this boat and it seems a bit unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

Creazil
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
If you didnt import a game into ME2, the default was that you killed wrex on virmire, and that carried over into this game I guess. Which I think is ridiculous cause I got 100% in ME1 and sold it but no one told me to keep my saves, so I didnt get to have wrex in ME2 or now.

No idea who jack or kasumi even are though. were they dlc characters? cause I didnt feel like getting any of it.

Jack was the chick covered in tattooes in ME2.

Telekiller7
03-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Jack was the chick covered in tattooes in ME2.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. its been so long I forgot about her

KillTheft Gator
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. its been so long I forgot about her

Your "o" key get stuck?

No. No it doesn't, but lots of other stuff can happen. I've had friends who have had their Xbox stolen, had their hard-drives crap out on them, had one who lost his in a fire, etc. Each of them lost all their locally saved stuff.

Shit happens and, if Bioware had been smart, they would let you set all these switches when you start up a game rather than have you try to hold on to a teeny tiny bit of a digital file for years and years on hardware that, even disallowing for catastrophic acts of nature or happenstance, has been proven time and time again to be faulty...at best.

I'm not saying the OP isn't partially to blame, but he's not the only one in this boat and it seems a bit unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

Had they been smart they would have just let you choose whatever you wanted? Why even have previous saves if you can just change whatever you want? Sure things happen to data but that is no reason to toss out the continued line of importing characters in which their choices follow them throughout their journey. It makes their moral system irrelevant if you can pick and choose outcomes in the next game despite your actual decisions.

tictacsnake88
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I checked my storage and I still have all my saves I haven't played the game yet because it isn't letting me import my save files I imported my mass effect 1 file when I played mass effect 2 and was planning on importing my mass effect 2 file to mass effect 3 but it won't let me any suggestions I haven't checked but maybe I am in the middle of a game on mass effect 2 but would that cause me not to be able to import my file it would be a second playthrough any suggestions

IVIR BLOBBY
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I know its so frustrating

I lost my saves when my xbox was stolen & i lost my hardrive, now i cant even see any of the old charachters without investing another 30 hours into ME2 which i had 2 all people survived saves & 2 where a few died & 1 where i only had 2 members left (lol)

Its unfair, ive played this game to death & ive just played through, did almost everything, gametime in total 31 hours & ive missed appearences from Legion, jack, samara, wrex, grunt, zaed, kasumi & thane. i enjoyed most of them charachters & i'm dissapointed they werent in the game for me or that there wasnt a game option where it says ALL FROM ME2 or something.

I've spent nearly two hundred hours playing ME1 & ME2 & ME3 & now i'm robbed from a satisfactory conclusion to my favorite game trilogy because i lost my save because some cunt smashed into my flat. FUCK YOU BIOWARE, I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THIS :(

Poisonheadcrab
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM

My Xbox still has all the downloadable content from Mass Effect 2...

Wrex is considered killed if you start ME2 from scratch, so I bet ALL the decisions are the same if you start ME3 from scratch. I MAY be able to explain Jack and Kasumi however!

Check your military strength display in the war room and find the Normandy: Its number will actually increase if you got the ship upgrades for the Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2 (the description for the Normandy will also cover each upgrade: The Heavy Armor, the Shielding, and the Thanix Cannon). If your description doesn't have the upgrades, then, by theory, Jack, Kasumi and Thane will NOT appear in a default playthrough (they are first in the kill order for each respective upgrade)...

...that of course leaves the next question: Have you run into Thane yet?