PDA

View Full Version : Career Team Change Question

Metalligav
03-09-2012, 11:55 PM
If I opt to sign for a new team half way through the season, will I join them from then, or will it wait til the end of the season to switch?

I'm in my first season with Virgin and have been offered a race by Williams and want to join them, but don't want to leave my current team til the season's over.

SilverSpoon96
03-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Your "new contract" will always start at the begining of a new season. So you will finish the season you are on with your current team (Virgin) regardless as to when you accept a new contract. Bear in mind though, if you wait a couple of races before accepting the Williams contract, you may get another better offer

Metalligav
03-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Brilliant, cheers for that.

I'm happy with Williams for my second season, kinda want to make it realistic and not jump from the worst team to one of the best straight away, work my way up as it were.

SilverSpoon96
03-10-2012, 12:21 AM
No worries mate :)

I know what you mean. Thats one thing i find weird with the newer F1 games, you start at the bottom and 9 times outta 10 you get a top team offer for season 2. Great game otherwise

joe joe
03-11-2012, 02:04 PM
alonso started at the bottom then moved to one of the best teams so i think it still is realistic to jump to a top team for your second season