PDA

View Full Version : Need info before I start

CrackalaX
08-21-2007, 06:22 AM
If enyone knows if their is a certain numbers of plasmids,tonics etc. you can hold or if its as many as you had the info would be gratefully appreciated.

Fritz White
08-21-2007, 06:27 AM
I'd like some tips on starting the game and good stuff to go for achievement wise without any spoilers.

TheMollywhopper
08-21-2007, 06:55 AM
You have access to all of them, but can only carry a maximum of 6 of each type (Plasmids; Three types of Tonics). You can switch them out at stations that you run across quite often, so it's really not a big deal if you don't have what you want at all times. I just finished the game like 5 minutes ago and found 52/53 Tonics just by searching around and saving all the little sisters (don't want to spoil anything, but don't harvest any of them if you only plan on playing the game once and want to get the most achievements, as well as the "good" ending). As for the last tonic, you can get it by opting out of fighting a certain character and then triggering his reappearance at a later point in the game (once again, don't want to spoil anything but I'm sure someone else will soon if you wanna know... btw that has something to do with the final secret achievement.)
One playthrough netted me 46/50 achievements for 880 points, and it's such a great game I plan on going through again soon to finish it out.

DoM cAbAn
08-21-2007, 06:58 AM
You have access to all of them, but can only carry a maximum of 6 of each type (Plasmids; Three types of Tonics). You can switch them out at stations that you run across quite often, so it's really not a big deal if you don't have what you want at all times. I just finished the game like 5 minutes ago and found 52/53 Tonics just by searching around and saving all the little sisters (don't want to spoil anything, but don't harvest any of them if you only plan on playing the game once and want to get the most achievements, as well as the "good" ending). As for the last tonic, you can get it by opting out of fighting a certain character and then triggering his reappearance at a later point in the game (once again, don't want to spoil anything but I'm sure someone else will soon if you wanna know... btw that has something to do with the final secret achievement.)
One playthrough netted me 46/50 achievements for 880 points, and it's such a great game I plan on going through again soon to finish it out.

Did you try for the Achievements? Or did they just come as you went along?

Fritz White
08-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Cool, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks. Still not sure if I'll go through the first time as a good guy or bad guy. I'll probably decide the first time I have to choose whether to save or kill the little sister, but it's nice to know what to go for when I want to unlock the majority of the achievements. Whenever some option comes up to opt out of fighting a guy I'll do that and take him on later for the first playthrough. Are there any achievements for playing as a bad guy and harvesting the girls?

Thanks for explaining this without spoiling.

BTW: is the game awesome? it is right? is one of the achievements for harvesting all of the girls instead of saving them?

TheMollywhopper
08-21-2007, 07:08 AM
I kept them in mind as I played but hid offline and turned messages off while playing for the last week (as I usually do with games that I really appreciate) so I wouldn't be flipping out over them. I tend to be really OCD in my exploration so I just more or less found everything by being thorough. I had not visited any message boards or read any guides on the game until beating it.

TheMollywhopper
08-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Are there any achievements for playing as a bad guy and harvesting the girls?

No, and to my knowledge there's no real incentive other than to see a different ending. At first I decided I'd be "bad" on my second playthrough on Hard, as you get more Adam (the stuff you buy your powers with) by harvesting the little girls, and that would in theory make the game a whole lot easier. However, you get bonus Adam for each 3 girls you save, giving you enough to buy literally every Plasmid, Tonic and slot upgrade. The only other thing you can buy with Adam is upgrades to your maximum health and Eve... I bought 2 extra of each early on, and finishing the game with about 300 Adam leftover (I'm not sure if there is a max number of those upgrades or if you can keep buying them, but seeing as how you technically can't die, they're completely irrelevant anyway)

By the way, you won't really be given an option to not fight the guy regarding the secret achievements, it's more like when the fight starts he runs off, prompting chase... It's not so obvious that you can just move along without fighting him, so it really is a great set of secret achievements.

DoM cAbAn
08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
but seeing as how you technically can't die, they're completely irrelevant anyway)

You can't die? :eek: Huh? Haha.

TheMollywhopper
08-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Yeah, it's kinda bogus, but anyone detracting from the game's review scores due to this is a complete cum dumpster. When you get choked out (or burned out, shocked out, etc.) there's no load time or anything (thank God)... You just respawn in a nearby place and go about your business. Enemies will go about thier business, as will any other AI, and they will still be damaged if they were hurt before you died, etc. Kinda like dying in most multiplayer games - you respawn, but the world didn't stop turning while you were dead.

Fritz White
08-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Okay, I'll let him escape the first time, ha ha. What a cool looking game! Tomorrow's going to be like Christmas in August. Figured you couldn't die after playing the demo.

flip
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
ya, i personally didn't like it that you couldn't die in this game. kind of took away a little bit of a challenge from it, but what are you gonna do right? send back the game and make them rewrite a whole bunch of code so you can die?