PDA

View Full Version : Who's Picking This Up?

Azrael008uk
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Well the original XBlades was a bit of a snooze for me.

But this one has a scantily clad hot chick running around doing "Tomb Raider" type things but with swords.

So that's enough for me to experiment with it.

That and it's like half the price of a new release.

Anyone else giving it a go this week when it's releaseed?

Az

Born Apophis
03-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm already playing it, from my Review in another site:

"The game Blades of Time, is the "spiritual" sequence, as defined, to X-Blades, a semi-unknown game of 2009, which was far from good. The current version was reworked by Konami, the game is an action game in third person, in which you control a character (Lolita style), named Ayumi, which is a treasure hunter. As in the first game, the main character is a blonde girl with pigtails and several "attributes" (with little clothing), which uses a primary weapon, a special blade in the case of the first game, and a sword with a secondary weapon (a rifle), to address enemies, in a legendary mystical island that holds those who enter it (the evil magic that dopes this is called Chaos here), but which has various powers and riches hidden in it. The graphics are much better than the first one, and nicely worked, especially on the scenarios details, which environments are lush and fantastic; the protagonist and any characters that appear, this time have more realistic features than in the first game, but many enemies are "clones" of each other (especially humans), and reminded me in general graphic style and movement the game "Hunted: The Demon's Forge." The enemies have a abstract and strange look, as seen in the first game, or in a better comparison (a known game), such as "The Devil May Cry 4". The Bosses usually have a mechanic look much more detailed and crafted, and are always big enemies. The music is appropriate to the game, but not memorable, but the voiceovers of the "usual" characters (not mystical ones or Bosses, which are well made, with strange voices) is a bit cheesy. The action consist in fighting with the sword, and comes down to combos with two basic types of strikes with the sword, the strong (X) and the fast / jump (Y), and when the enemy is weak enough, you can deal a finishing blow with the RB (show in the screen). In addition with d-pad down, the character uses a compass that has two orientations, a green arrow to the main objective, and a red one for any hidden treasures in the stage. With the d-pad up, you cast a mystical field called Order, which allows you to see things hidden by magic, or face enemies that would normally unbeatable. Besides the red arrow, the control also pulsates, facilitating to know when you are close to a treasure chest. The equipment in the game consists of swords, fire-weapons, amulets and rings, all found in chests, and which have statistics and different properties (ie increased fire damage, etc.). Through a altar that is in the game, you can always upgrade your fighting abilities, choosing a power, whether magic or psychic that allow you to deal blows increasingly advanced and powerful, that are helpful in battle. Furthermore it can be worth various attacks, associated with spells of fire and ice, other strikes that use spells such as Earthquake, and more advanced physical attacks, which are always purchased at a choice on the altars mentioned (no need to collect points or anything for that). Two other controls that appear in the gameplay are the Dash (RT), to move very quickly to the direction given, whether in ground or air, and Rewind Time (LB), which makes the time go back, as in "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time ", while she remains in the current reality and the past simultaneously, thus having more than one Ayumi doing something on the screen: this is very useful in sequences of puzzles in which things must be pressed simultaneously, and strategic fights against bosses or special enemies. The game also features an Online mode, which I could not test, with several options, as it seems (unfortunately) is becoming fashionable in nowadays otherwise singleplayer titles, in the form of co-op or versus modes. Overall it is a good action game, that surprised me: not bug ou glitch-free, especially in some animations, but the concept of Time Rewind and numerous skills and magical combos, just hold my attention to the game. Who can get it cheaper, or rent it, it's worth checking out, because it is a good option for a action game. My score: 6.8. "

L0cke89
03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
^ paragraphs for the love of god xD

Has Konami fired their whole marketing department? This is the worst job of marketing a game I've ever seen. Even the creator couldn't find it in stores while being overseas for GDC.

I'll pick this up but not right now. It's already 28 over here, so if I wait a month, I can buy it new for 10 or even less.

Really liked X-Blades but it bothers me that they got rid of the anime-look. Now it just looks even more like a generic h&s title.

Still, the lack of people knowing about this game just amuses me xD

Super Geek No1
03-13-2012, 01:59 AM
It's a good game never played X-blades but want to now. On my second Play through now

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/1062275/0/default.png (https://www.playfire.com/supergeek)Xbox Gamercards (https://www.playfire.com/)

KidKobun
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
^ paragraphs for the love of god xD

Has Konami fired their whole marketing department? This is the worst job of marketing a game I've ever seen. Even the creator couldn't find it in stores while being overseas for GDC.

I'll pick this up but not right now. It's already 28€ over here, so if I wait a month, I can buy it new for 10 or even less.

Really liked X-Blades but it bothers me that they got rid of the anime-look. Now it just looks even more like a generic h&s title.

Still, the lack of people knowing about this game just amuses me xD

Haha. I was thinking the exact same thing about the post above and especially about Konami's PR and marketing efforts for Blades of Time. Their campaign, if any, was next to nonexistent here in the states too.

I can't remember how, but I came across this title on accident. Glad I did though, because it is actually pretty fun. So don't let Ayumi's new look deter you from buying it now and supporting Konami and Gaijin. While I really liked TopWare's art style with X-Blades, Blades of Time is definitely worth 28€ / $39.99.

It's a good game never played X-blades but want to now. On my second Play through now

Yeah, I just started my second playthrough too. I picked it up Friday evening, and finished it a couple days ago. Only took a couple sittings. It's pretty fun once you get all of the controls down. And with that said, I highly advise playing SP before trying anything MP-based.

biglightlionfc
03-15-2012, 05:34 AM
I make a hard walkthrough video guide, plz don't laugh me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8aSQVm6M&list=PLD7B01C090F0DD1C2&feature=plcp&context=C4bbb2d7FDvjVQa1PpcFOOMH3IBiXtOeQWmD35Vb0r oOKgBzjdPDM= (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8aSQVm6M&list=PLD7B01C090F0DD1C2&feature=plcp&context=C4bbb2d7FDvjVQa1PpcFOOMH3IBiXtOeQWmD35Vb0r oOKgBzjdPDM=)

ps. this is my first time to record video walkthrough, my computer is almost broken.

KidKobun
03-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I make a hard walkthrough video guide, plz don't laugh me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8aSQVm6M&list=PLD7B01C090F0DD1C2&feature=plcp&context=C4bbb2d7FDvjVQa1PpcFOOMH3IBiXtOeQWmD35Vb0r oOKgBzjdPDM= (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8aSQVm6M&list=PLD7B01C090F0DD1C2&feature=plcp&context=C4bbb2d7FDvjVQa1PpcFOOMH3IBiXtOeQWmD35Vb0r oOKgBzjdPDM=)

ps. this is my first time to record video walkthrough, my computer is almost broken.

Nice work! I have a capture card too, but I can only record in 480P, and that's just boring. ;)

I made a couple videos showing how to get the "Clear the Jungle" and "Your Fire is Nothing" achievements:

Option 1 (alternate method - hiding behind rocks and sniping): www.youtu.be/IaAFyQkPT3I (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.youtu.be/IaAFyQkPT3I) (with achievements popping)

Option 2 (normal method - using the corals): www.youtu.be/2LN9yHkuuGg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.youtu.be/2LN9yHkuuGg)
(achievements already unlocked)

Wicelow
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
It's already 28€ over here
It's a "budget" game, it's the price since day 1 ;)

On my way to pick my copy... :Bounce:

Wargamer
03-15-2012, 04:38 PM
But I did picked it up, was hard to find but totally worth it.

cheevo360
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Good game but some frustrate gameplay throughout game and some boss battles can be hard at times and group of enemies too but using rewinds and powers help making some cake walks.

Platforming is not good in this game. Combats is ok but fun when using powers and rewinds same time. Graphics well it is one of worst I ever seen!! Story tellings very weak and some stupid.

I gave this game 60% and better then X-Blades (terrible game) :)

Players look for good game then get this for rent not buy or wait price drop or used game.

If wanna great game then avoid this one. So famous cheevo whores will of course get this game anyway :)

Evil Zop
03-16-2012, 03:43 PM
xblades was a god but very annoying/repetitve game. I loved it though... So i picked this up and so far i'm pleased :3

Onelastbreath
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Hopefully my copy will arrive tomorrow from Amazon. At 24.99 its got to be worth a go. I enjoyed X-blades so if its like that in any way ill be happy. Does anybody know what the online achievements entail and whether they are quick?

DOA_Rose
03-25-2012, 05:53 AM
I enjoyed X-Blades, so I put Blades of Time on my Gamefly. I just started the demo, and I have a question for anyone who has already played it. Can you invert controls in the full game? If not, I probably won't even bother with it.

edit: nevermind. the demo is so unbelievably frustrating I want to put my head through a window, so I can't imagine the full version being any different...

Onelastbreath
03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm nearly finished my first playthrough and have found it really frustrating aswell. Not looking forward to hard difficulty at all.

Suki
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
just finished the demo and i want this now think its really good, great finishers and action.

KidKobun
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm nearly finished my first playthrough and have found it really frustrating aswell. Not looking forward to hard difficulty at all.
Well on the bright side, all of your power-ups, spells, etc. will carry over to your new game. You don't start with the rifle, but once you pick it up in story, all of the rifles/guns that you've unlocked will be available. Oh and the treasure chests are in the same locations they were in Normal mode too. :p

Onelastbreath
03-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Iv just finished the DLC on KOA so ill be back to this next. Having all your items should make hard much more managable.

DragonBikerNick
09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
nice game with a good mix of locations visited.

note to above posts: if u don't like just say you don't like it. stop being so nasty about developers