PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Main Team?

M1 Punk
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm enjoying playing with Bison and Kazuya a lot although Bison sucks compared to SSF4 (His Scissor Kick, Psycho Crusher and Standing HK are less invincible).

Also planning on trying to learn Abel and Yoshi more.

AcidGlow
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Shin Akuma (color wise :p) and King

CoregBlue1
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
still unsure but i think i found them.

julia/jin

Suiken
03-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Right now its Zangief/King, but I may be switching King out for someone else.

danksch
03-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Kazuya/Jin ... father n son.

Harryson9
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Jin/Ken although I want to learn Yoshimitsu, King, and Steve.

Veedrock
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Ken/Asuka, also known as AsuKen.

I'm breaking down Jin and Kazuya atm so I can start playing with whichever I end up liking more. I'd love to play Xiaoyu also but her stances are putting me off of actually going for it.

When Lars releases I'll definitely be picking him up, as well as Sakura.

EDIT: As you can tell I don't much care for the Street Fighter cast. They're just boring compared to Tekken characters. I use Ken because he's my favorite Street Fighter though, and I know him well enough from previous games to use him as my anchor while I learn other fighters.

SonsOfDisaster
03-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Balrog/King AkA "King Balrog"

Balrog/Ogre

girl poison
03-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Right now trying out Juri & Xiaoyu - no matter what I will always use Juri.

rand0mblack6uy
03-13-2012, 04:26 AM
So far I'm using Kazuya & Vega =]

D.A.N.
03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Right now I'm liking Kazuya, Nina, and Juri.

n33njah
03-14-2012, 01:21 AM
I legit have 4 teams I use pretty solid and regular.

Xiahlento aka xiayhou and rolento
Akubob aka Akuma and bob

Bobgief aka bob and zangief

Kingken ska Ken with king.

Ive really branched out on this because this game had probably one of the most unique experiences and unique way to combo that I can't settle on any one of the teams because each one has it's strengths. (also helps that I'm forcing myself to get better with grappling.)

KingMythik
03-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Ken/Abel
Ryu/Abel
Ryu/Rufus

I want to learn Paul, Law and Raven

KyaIRL
03-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I mainly use Ryu/Zangief

slowley learning Hwoarang.

Crimson Torque
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Geif/Akuma and Ryu/Jin tho I'm still finding myself playing it like a standard fighting game and not utalising the "cross" elements...

STOMACHofSTEEL
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Hwoarang and Cammy. They are my mains from their respective series, so I'm playing them. Not particularly well, though:rolleyes:

maruso
03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Vega and Marduk

M1 Punk
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Gave up on Yoshi. Unfortunately, he's a joke character like Kuma, Megaman, Pac-man and those Hello Kitty characters. He may be the coolest Tekken character but he's not gonna win any matches for you.

Learning Ogre now, pretty cool character but not easy to do high damage combo's.

Chrise
03-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I think I found my main Team today: Asuka and Ken

TigerGenocide
03-15-2012, 12:57 AM
I want team Pogo Stick (Rolento & Yoshi) to work so bad, but like others have said, Yoshi just isn't working out for me so far.

Square Woot
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Hehe, I'm thinking I'm the only one that likes Poison? XD

Still deciding on a second. I like Kuma, but is he really that much of a joke char? Seems to deal good damage with that headbutt.

ubertrance
03-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Chuners (Chun-Li, always my main) and Juri/Cammy
Slowly learning Asuka and Xiaoyu
When the DLC characters come out, going to be using Sakura and Christie (due to no Eddie)

NightReflection
03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
From my player records it states my most used Team is Ryu and Ken!

This is only due to the amount of retries on hardest!!

I don't think i can state my main team as i keep on swapping characters.

However it will consist of any of the following!

Ryu (My main so will always be in the team, until Blanka gets released!)

Hwaorang
Steve
Poison
Rolento
Ibuki

I have mixed up alot with those characters, its just hard to say which i would use as my main!

TacticalElusion
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Hehe, I'm thinking I'm the only one that likes Poison? XD

Still deciding on a second. I like Kuma, but is he really that much of a joke char? Seems to deal good damage with that headbutt.

That is exactly what I planned on having for a team before realease. Once the game came out I tried Kuma and instantly dropped him. I stuck with Poison much longer because I really wanted to play her, but I find her to be overall a fairly weak character.

I'm playing around with the following characters:

Kazuya
Rolento
Poison
Sagat
Vega
Chun li

Superbad325
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Chun-Li / Rolento

Originally rocked Chun / Nina, but I didn't find that Nina had that much of a mix-up game.

Can't wait for Cody to come out on DLC!

Square Woot
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I stuck with Poison much longer because I really wanted to play her, but I find her to be overall a fairly weak character.

Sadly seems to be the case, but I'll stick with her for a bit longer. I'm hoping that with the right gems she'll be more viable; she has tons of unique moves at her disposal. I also like that her and Hugo are one of the few teams that feel like they have some variety; too many of them are "We put two characters together that are exactly alike." Still, shame she isn't super viable, I've always liked the character, controversy included.

ADAMS No2
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Ken & Akuma

Blessed Sin
03-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Still searching around for a secondary. Primary is Juri, currently secondary is set at Cammy.

DJprofessahK
03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Mine is Juri/Zangief. Juri is just to cool a character, and Zangief with a few health gems and an attack gem is a tank.

brad1007
03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I have multiple people i switch in and out because Im still so unsure as to who I like. Im thinking of my main being Julia

I basically Mix up these characters to make a team its pretty random no set team yet which is probably why I still have yet to find a solid team because i cant decide.

Julia, Dhalsim, Marduk, Heihachi, Steve, Rolento

absolutehell
03-27-2012, 09:58 PM
My team right now is Julia and Paul, but I am thinking of switching out Paul with someone who has more mobility.

CoregBlue1
03-27-2012, 11:53 PM
My team right now is Julia and Paul, but I am thinking of switching out Paul with someone who has more mobility.

yeah i used him too at the very beginning but he is just too slow, he donīt even have a dash.

well basically he has one, his DP motion kick but even that is so slow that you can easily react when starts to dash and block, not to mention how unsafe it is. when i think about it now, i never fought a paul online.

maybe i didnīt invest enough time.

absolutehell
03-28-2012, 04:15 AM
yeah i used him too at the very beginning but he is just too slow, he donīt even have a dash.

well basically he has one, his DP motion kick but even that is so slow that you can easily react when starts to dash and block, not to mention how unsafe it is. when i think about it now, i never fought a paul online.

maybe i didnīt invest enough time.

Paul has quite good mixups and once hes in, he can do a lot of damage. However, most of his good combos push the opponent away so once you do a 50-70 percent combo, you have to work yourself back in. He definitely is not a very good character, haha. He can get zoned out too easily.

brad1007
03-29-2012, 01:22 AM
I actually found my team and saw you use julia also and looking for someone with more mobility. True Ibuki I just picked her up with a lil mix up for julia and seems to work great. I actually find her effective against the ryu/ken/akuma characters since i always have trouble getting in against them with julia.

BigDirty
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Right now Juri/Ken.

What did they do to Chun-Li? She has always been my favourite SF character but daaaaamn she is pretty poor (AND SLOW) in this (or maybe I gave up too early?)

Juri is sick. Ken is always sick. Kind of wish I had a more exciting team but I don't have the patience to learn any of the Tekken characters (which is definitely a shame...)

M1 Punk
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Right now Juri/Ken.

What did they do to Chun-Li? She has always been my favourite SF character but daaaaamn she is pretty poor (AND SLOW) in this (or maybe I gave up too early?)

Nope, Chun-Li is still very solid in my opinion. Great footsies, cross/mix ups and can frame-trap you for like 10 sec. >.< I remember getting completely owned by a Chun/Rufus player.

Anyway,

Team 1: Bison & Ogre
Team 2: Abel & Lili

Xx Reez xX
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Finding It Hard ATM I'll Always have King, But finding it Hard to Find Someone who Gels Well With Him, I Like using Guile But Personally Dont like them as a Team

Lordvader178
04-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Main:

Juri/Poison
Juri/Zangief
Juri/Lily

I also use the shoto's (who can't use the shoto's?)

XBM Yosho
04-27-2012, 05:16 PM
I also use the shoto's (who can't use the shoto's?)

Flowcharters.. Thats who.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/Gamerguys2010/streetfighteriv-howtoken.gif

M1 Punk
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/Gamerguys2010/streetfighteriv-howtoken.gif
LOL that image is brilliant! Here's one in action:
Darksydephil VS Flowchart Ken - YouTube

XBM Yosho
04-28-2012, 09:59 PM
LOL that image is brilliant! Here's one in action:
Darksydephil VS Flowchart Ken - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6QiUqzwmVo)

Yea that is pretty much the flowchart Shoto/Ken right there. But the guy in that video, DSP is complete garbage.

He has several Youtube channels devoted to playthroughs and pretty much having hateful opinions of almost everything or anyone that doesn't go his way, Which is why he was dubbed "The king of hate".

This is one of my favorite videos of DSP getting completely tested, Then destroyed. But of course.. When he gets rocked it was "online" play that killed him.

I remember when I beat him with my Ken, He screamed at me calling me a flowcharter, But did I win? Yes, So who's garbage now? lolololol.. Of course I anus destroyed him with my Akuma after that, To that was I believe no comment from him.

I double perfect DSP - YouTube