PDA

View Full Version : I need help with 15 strikeouts

Doost
04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I have the other 4 achievements, but I'm struggling with this one. Does anyone have tips (either in the best way to set up a game for this or in the actual pitching itself) to get this done? Thanks.

nosajeel99
04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Use the Inside Edge thing on the batters. That usually helps a whole lot and remember to power up the pitch and get good accuracy. (Press, hold button, release as controller vibrates; then tap button again when the circle is small as possible.)

If you want to do it the easy/cheating way, make all the opposing batters Pitchers and you should have no problem what-so-eva.

The Inside Edge is really a nice feature to make pitching an easy thing - it takes the thinking out and TELLS YOU what to throw and where to throw it.

Yankeez
04-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I can easily do it with randy johnson, I throw sliders just off the plate, they swing and miss 70% of the time

HellzManik
04-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok...

All You do is use the MANAGE your roster feature on the MAIN MENU.

You Manually set ALL of your players skills to 100% EVERYTHING. (Make sure you do this for your MAIN Pitcher and ALL of your batters) (I used FLORIDA as my team)

Then you Manually set ALL of the team you are planning on playing against skills to 0% EVERYTHING. (Make sure you do this for Pitchers AND batters) (I used OAKLAND as the team)

Then when your setting up the game you can manage yours and the other teams STARTING LINUP.

Change the other teams STARTING LINEUP to ALL PITCHERS.
(Technically I dont think this matters seeing as you Manually set ALL of the players skills to 0% anyway, But I did it as EXTRA precaution)

================

Then START THE GAME.

Now all you have to do is get a batter on base.
(which should be EXTREMEMLY EASY NOW)

Then to steal a base I always pushed the LT button and then the X button while pressing the LS in the direction of the base I'm stealing)

Stealling a base is ALL about timing.
(Just wait until the other teams pitcher is leaning back and about to throw his pitch before you press X and use the LS button)

AND MAKE SURE YOU DONT SWING WITH YOUR BATTER WHILE YOUR TRYING TO STEAL WITH ANOTHER PLAYER... Just let your batter get a STRIKE (or a BALL due to the fact that the PITCHERS SUCK NOW).

=============

Anyways,
I hope this helps.
I know it probably sounds VERY confussing.

But if you follow these steps it is EXTREMELY EASY.

HOWEVER, the Roster management is TIME CONSUMING.

Ps~ Make sure you save the ROSTERS just in case your system freezes...LoL.. this happend to me MANY times and I was PISSED....
If you have ANY questions please feel free to ask
PeAcE

I posted this here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3573

If you do those steps you will be able to get ALL of the achievements VERY EASILY. But as I said it can be time consuming...

Hope That Helps