PDA

View Full Version : anyone working on a road map

demonizer_andy
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
just looked at collectable guides etc and sidequests, but also realise theres multiple endings, not looked at the achievements yet but how many playthroughs are required for the 1000gs, im feeling a good playthrough not killing anyone and then a bad one killing but its where ya stop n start for the endings etc

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-12-2012, 10:02 PM
well lets see one on hard mode + not killing anyone + Forgiveness" ending

one to playthrough to get all the sidequests done + full circle ending (one side quest requires you to kill waves of enemies)

one just to get the secret ending which requires another play through

and one for each other ending. so a lot lol but once you get all the side quests done it goes by super fast, especially if you know all the codes to stuff. The only thing im not sure of is if you have to do all the side quests, including diggng up the past, in the same playthrough. Because I beat the game and did all the side quests except digging up the past because you can only get it only your second play through. Then only my second play though I only did the digging up the past and beat the game and only got the achievement for beating that side quest.

Since my other gamertag has most of the achievements for the game, ill test it out on this one

iBuzz7S
03-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm sure FLIPADELPHIIA (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=462508) and/or Cinderkin (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=4472) will work on something, seeing that they have contributed a bit of info as they have already played the game or know someone who has.

And having clicked on FLIPADELPHIIA's profile, it had him viewing this thread, so I'm sure he can give his input. :p

Edit. Well he did reply.

The game has multiple endings, so multiple playthroughs. I am pretty sure Homecoming allowed you to make multiple saves, so this will require something similar, but since it also uses the autosave feature, you will have to be careful to not overwrite your save games.

demonizer_andy
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
ok cheerrs how hard is hard as id normally go for normal playthroughs also is there a new game + with bonus weapons for harder difficulties

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
no unfortunately there is no manual saving. The game autosaves for you. If you play through the game on hard and just to main story stuff, its really not that hard, at all. I would say go for the no killing enemies on your hard playthrough and thats it. Get all the collectables and side quests done on normal difficulty.
Your also allowed to choose puzzle difficulty, which in most cases shouldnt be hard at all if you follow the puzzle guide
Oh and no theres no new game +

demonizer_andy
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
ok your gona have to do every ending seperate, guess il do a normal no killing play through, then the others on easy and hten one last playthrough on hard once i understand it, can you get the all side quest missions done on your first game??? and as said are there weapons to unlock to make secondary playthroughs easier as such

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
you can do all side quests but 1 on your very first playthrough. the digging up the past side quest only activates after you have beaten the game once. So I would wait to do all sidequests for your second playthrough so you can get the complete all side quest achievements

so it should look something like this:
Ist play through - hard/hard - going for no kills and good ending
2nd play through - easy - all collectables, side quests, kills achievements - secret ending
3rd - medium good ending
4th -bad ending
5th - kind of bad ending

im not sure if after you beat the boss you can just reload and die to get that secret ending

demonizer_andy
03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
hmmm ok is hard mode difficult?

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-12-2012, 10:28 PM
hmmm ok is hard mode difficult?

not not really. Harder enemies will spawn more often and in larger groups, but as long as you book it anytime you see baddies you should be fine. Sometimes the game makes you fight enemies in order to proceed. You allowed to beat them down but just make sure there incapacitated on the ground. If they arnt moving and disappear on the ground that means you killed them and will have to reload

demonizer_andy
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
ok bringing it hard, thanks for the tips

Hoborg
03-13-2012, 12:46 AM
But what if I want to play on easy/casual first just to enjoy the story and do some collecting? What would the roadmap look then?

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-13-2012, 12:53 AM
But what if I want to play on easy/casual first just to enjoy the story and do some collecting? What would the roadmap look then?
so you would get all the mystery collectables, kills, you will get all the achievements for side quests except 2, and you will get one of 5 endings

EliteShadowMan
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM
I talk to Tyger7 a lot and he said he might end up doing the Downpour guide, so we'll see. If not, whoever does it better do a good job! I will if i have to...but i don't know if i feel up to it haha.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-13-2012, 01:02 AM
I talk to Tyger7 a lot and he said he might end up doing the Downpour guide, so we'll see. If not, whoever does it better do a good job! I will if i have to...but i don't know if i feel up to it haha.
yea I feel the same way. Dont really know if I want to go and do the cheevo guide. whoever does end up doing it can use the other guides I made though. Tyger makes quality guides and a game like this needs a good layout. Im on about playthrough 7 on my other gamertag trying to figure out the best method for everything so I cant test it out on my main.

For anyone making a guide Ill give some things I can confirm:
to get the achievement for completing all side quests, the very earliest you can get this is on your second playthrough. You need to complete all the side quests in one go, and since one doesnt unlock until you beat the game, youll have to get in on your second play through

Actually in not 100% positive on the endings method yet. Since I literally played through for each one, you might be able to load game after you beat the boss to either spare him, kill him, and die yourself. So if that works, then youd have to play though a minimum of three times, since the digging up the past achievements has its own special ending.

Killing X amount of monsters/stats actually saves as you play, unlike collectables. If you die and the game never autosaved, your going to have to go back and get it. And dont be fooled by the words "saving" on the screen, because thats only for saving stats. If you go to load game, it will tell you the last time the game auto saved officially.

If your going for the dont kill any enemies achievements, its SUPER important to be extra cautious when your doing quest related activities. The game auto saves much more while your actually making progress during a side mission, so if you fighting a monster and you accidentally kill it (and it will happen trust me) the game might auto safe on you, making you reload a checkout 2 hours ago. Happened to me twice.

EliteShadowMan
03-13-2012, 01:09 AM
yea I feel the same way. Dont really know if I want to go and do the cheevo guide. whoever does end up doing it can use the other guides I made though. Tyger makes quality guides and a game like this needs a good layout. Im on about playthrough 7 on my other gamertag trying to figure out the best method for everything so I cant test it out on my main.

Yeah he's already writing about 3-4 guides at this moment so i doubt he'll make one. I get the game on Thursday, so if no one starts one up i'll probably get one going next Monday or something

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah he's already writing about 3-4 guides at this moment so i doubt he'll make one. I get the game on Thursday, so if no one starts one up i'll probably get one going next Monday or something
Sweet. I should have a whole ton of confirms and methods by then for you to use

demonizer_andy
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
iv started playing on hard, not greatly impressed yet iv not found that sense of fear or jumpiness as i have with other silent hill games, iv only been palying for a nhour or so and just gone down towards the cavers area devils pit, just doing as you said n trying to leg it from everything, not doing any side quests or collectables tho if im honest i have picked up every collectable so far but i see some require you to do side missions, once iv done this play through gonna whack it on easy for a play n rinse all side quests and kill chievos, then it just means running through a couple more times i guess