PDA

View Full Version : bank quest and not killing monsters question

ckleckner
03-13-2012, 03:14 PM
is there a way to do this without killing them?

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-13-2012, 03:17 PM
is there a way to do this without killing them?
I tried and its really difficult. You have to incapacitate all of them, but half the time they get back or or I just end up killing them. You get overwhelmed. Maybe on easy, but I tried on three occasions and couldnt do it

If this is your first time through the game and your going through not killing anyone, I would just wait to go that side quest on your next play through where you kill people, so you can get the complete all side quests achievement, because you cant get that on your first play through anyways

ckleckner
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
i incapacited 2 on the second wave and wouldnt unlock the vault till i killed them which nullifies the not killing monsters :( might just skip this one on this playthrough

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
i incapacited 2 on the second wave and wouldnt unlock the vault till i killed them which nullifies the not killing monsters :( might just skip this one on this playthrough

yea thats the best method anyways. if you want to get the all side quest achievement youll have to play through the game again anyways so its best to do no side quests on your first run, just collectables and hard/hard difficulty.

ckleckner
03-13-2012, 04:21 PM
i got it its just a pain

Revolver
06-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Alright, I was able to complete this side quest without killing any of the monsters and will elaborate on it.
I would like to mention that I'm on my first playthrough on easy difficulty while avoiding killing any monsters.
Here's what I did:
As some of you may have noticed, whenever you knock down any monsters, they might get up soon after or they may just lay there indefinitely.
The easiest thing to do if they don't want to stand back up is to leave the bank and then go back in. This will "reset" the monsters as once you go back in, they will respawn and attack you. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even though they may reset, this doesn't reset their health so all you have to do is continue to attack them until you "accidentally" kill them. This "accidental" kill won't count towards your Enemies Killed meter but just to be safe check your stats whenever you kill them. You'll know that they're dead when they stop grunting and dissolve in the ground.
Keep in mind that it may take a few tries to finally accidentally kill them so you're going to be going in and out of the bank a good amount of times.
Keep doing this with each wave until all the safety deposit boxes open and you get the achievement.

Another thing that I noticed is that your weapon of choice may affect how fast it takes to accidentally kill the monsters. At first I started using blunt weapons like planks, handles, and chairs but these seemed to make the whole process much longer than it needed to be.
I went ahead and tried using sharp/bladed weapons to see if it would be any different and it seemed to speed up the accidental kills.
I used a combination of pitchforks and the Demon Statue. :woop:

I believe that this method should help those of you that are trying to not kill any monsters but still want to do all the side quests in a single playthrough.
You just need to be patient. :drunk

Devin Caitlyn
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM
I don't think you can. I've tried and it just seems impossible.