PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Dps120390
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I started playing SH around sh4 the rooms and wasn't a big fan of it, it was scary but nothing that would make me jump i had high hopes for homecoming, still very scary, but the story was very confusing, is it worth giving this game a try?

Ohh So Godly
03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Just getting ready to pop the game in now...I'll come back here with some first impressions later tonight. The metacritic for the game is a 73 overall though...only 5 reviews up though.

Ohh So Godly
03-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Ok I've played the game for about 2 hours and I'm actually getting bored with it already. I've just got out of the diner scene and decided to turn it off to play something else....my advice would be to buy it once it is under $40....

Herr Shaun
03-14-2012, 05:25 AM
So far it's better than I thought it was going to be, but I agree that it's very slow paced. I'd say don't rush out to get it, wait for a price drop and then get it.

Adnanoo
03-14-2012, 05:47 AM
I Bought The Game Yesterday But Still Didn't Play It

Mei Ninja
03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Agreed with what most people have said already. I haven't played it personally but my fiancÚ has and I've been watching. So far it seems like the combat is very clunky... almost worse than the first four SH games if possible. The game also suffers from pacing issues, I think. It's slow at times and other times it moves too quickly.

TrAvIs7
03-15-2012, 12:19 AM
I think it is actually a good fit into the series. I liked it better than Homecoming because it never seemed to fit into the series. Downpour keeps the paranoia and the mysterious mapping. It never had anything really special. Yet, it completely deserves to be a Silent Hill game.

Especially for the puzzles!

ChainsawGanado
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I say it's worth it. The town exploration, characters & Escher-esque otherworld visuals are better than anything any recent SH had to offer. Only downsides are some of the monsters, a couple parts of the side quests, and lack of a rating system at the end.

bluetop20
03-16-2012, 08:59 AM
i cuda sword i already posted on here but f it ima say it agian the game is awsome only problem is the dam lagg. lags to much and ive gotten killed bcause of it

Numbthumb
03-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I think this game might be better for fans of the series than not. I personally have only played parts of Silent Hill games before this, and never really got into the series. I found this took a lot of liberties with player knowledge, which resulted in a decent enough story get bogged down by characters that just weren't believable.

There are some really great moments within the game and a couple side quests that show some real creativity. Unfortunately the main game is held back by cumbersome movement and control, a concession you might make for a game that uses that against you for scares...but Downpour never does.

So, I don't know. I wouldn't call the game bad, but I wouldn't make the case for it being good, either. If you want some easy achievements, many can be had once through the game, and the game is very very easy. BUt if you're a completionist know that you have to go through 3 times for some main ones.