PDA

View Full Version : Servers Are Shutting Down

YoshiMiyamoto
03-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Just wanted to let people know that EA is shutting down the servers for Create (and several other games) on April 13th. I finished the game some time ago, but those out there who haven't done the online achievements (mostly voting on creations and uploading/downloading creations) should get them done ASAP.

thirtyninesteps
03-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Thanks TC. I have this game on my backlog, so I guess I'll have to complete it next. For convenience, can somebody post a list for all the online chievos?

Kinetic Faith
03-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll be picking this game up. Do I need a boosting partner for the online achievements?

Sneltje
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Which 14 achievements are the online Achievements?

YoshiMiyamoto
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
No boosting partner needed...they are all easily done by yourself in about an hour.

These are the online achievements:

Solution Sharer
Pick a Pick
Pick of the Bunch
Challenge Wizard
Challenge King
Challenger
Fave Rave
Rise to the Challenge
Share and Share Alike
Radical Remix
Creation Craver
Top Marks
First Rate
Give Something Back

Pretty sure I got them all, but be sure to look at your checklist to confirm it. Anything involving uploading/downloading or rating content created by another user requires the EA servers.

thirtyninesteps
03-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Sweet, just unlocked all the online chievos. Only took a few hours, but you could do it in less if you were already familiar w/ all the menus & icons. For the remaining chievos, is there any advantage for being able to do them while the servers are still online? The only thing I can think of is having other ppl's solutions readily available.

YoshiMiyamoto
03-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Having the user solutions still available is actually a fairly big help - on the puzzles where I used solutions, I often found a better, less complicated solution in the user submissions than I did on YouTube.

Kinetic Faith
03-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Hmmm, should I still get it then? I don't want to play it in a hurry, and if I can't get any help from user solutions later down the road, I'd better not start it.

thirtyninesteps
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Kinetic Faith, I would recommend you do get this. They don't make many games like it and the eventual lack of user solutions shouldn't be a deterrent. I just 1k'd it using mostly youtube solutions and didn't have many problems at all. Of course like YoshiMiyamoto mentioned, there potentially may be better solutions available on the EA servers, but my point is, you shouldn't have any problem completing the single player achievements w/o them in the future.

Sneltje
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
No boosting partner needed...they are all easily done by yourself in about an hour.

These are the online achievements:

Solution Sharer
Pick a Pick
Pick of the Bunch
Challenge Wizard
Challenge King
Challenger
Fave Rave
Rise to the Challenge
Share and Share Alike
Radical Remix
Creation Craver
Top Marks
First Rate
Give Something Back

Pretty sure I got them all, but be sure to look at your checklist to confirm it. Anything involving uploading/downloading or rating content created by another user requires the EA servers.

Thanks I will check them asap.

Chop!!

YoshiMiyamoto
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Kinetic Faith, I would recommend you do get this. They don't make many games like it and the eventual lack of user solutions shouldn't be a deterrent. I just 1k'd it using mostly youtube solutions and didn't have many problems at all. Of course like YoshiMiyamoto mentioned, there potentially may be better solutions available on the EA servers, but my point is, you shouldn't have any problem completing the single player achievements w/o them in the future.

I agree to get it regardless - this is a fun and unique game that shouldn't be missed. There's also really no need for heavy use of solutions, but if they are needed there will always be some type available - I just happened to find the users more helpful on my "trouble" puzzles. I probably used them on around 10 puzzles total, usually to get a missing spark.

Sneltje
03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Yupa got these 14 within an hour or so, was a bit getting use to but now poeple are creating all these easy challences to get the achievements.
Thanks guy's

Chop!!

P.S. Still hating EA for shiting down servers!!

mortug
04-09-2012, 12:26 AM
thank god for easy user created challenges. just got all the online achivements done in an hour.
normally i stay away from EA games, but this one seemed like fun so i got it off my brother

ITS SONNYY
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
If anyone needs a boosting partner invite me Anytime of day!
Gamertag: SKD0N

FroZeNSouL
05-04-2012, 12:36 AM
:O Didnt know about this >_< too late i guess

Molneze3
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
DAMN IT!!! Just saw this. Oh well. Maybe we can rally together sometime and get another NFS:PS re-open servers thing going later on.