PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ran into PyramidHead?

JohnBooker2
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I know that PH was James thing(SH2)but since then he's also made a bad ass appearence in SH:Homecoming.Hoping he'll do the same here.Dude just freaks me the F*** out!
Loved him in the SH movie too.

HabsCen10ial
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I haven't played this game yet but I've been praying that he'll be in this game.

Doctor Torsche
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Pyramid Head should have only been present in Silent Hill 2 because Pyramid was exclusively a manifestation of James' unfulfilled desire for punishment created by Silent Hill specifically for him.

On the topic at hand, Pyramid Head is not in Downpour. Whereas Homecoming referred to him as the Bogeyman, there is another Bogeyman in this game that takes an appearance similar to the Order members of Homecoming, but large and more powerful.

JohnBooker2
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanx bro.

DamagedWill
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Pyramid Head should have only been present in Silent Hill 2 because Pyramid was exclusively a manifestation of James' unfulfilled desire for punishment created by Silent Hill specifically for him.

On the topic at hand, Pyramid Head is not in Downpour. Whereas Homecoming referred to him as the Bogeyman, there is another Bogeyman in this game that takes an appearance similar to the Order members of Homecoming, but large and more powerful.

This. As much as I like him, it was annoying to see him in Homecoming. PH was James' thing.

TrAvIs7
03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
He is not in it

TigerGenocide
03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Somewhat on topic because PyramidHead is a brilliant design, is anyone else extremely disappointed with the creature design in Downpour?

The atmosphere and the creatures of Silent Hill are what make me love the games, but Downpour is full of uninspired boring monsters.

TrAvIs7
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Somewhat on topic because PyramidHead is a brilliant design, is anyone else extremely disappointed with the creature design in Downpour?

The atmosphere and the creatures of Silent Hill are what make me love the games, but Downpour is full of uninspired boring monsters.

They got the atmosphere spot on in the game. Even though they didn't have much variety in their creatures. It doesn't need to have creature after creature. The game is made for paranoia; not for fighting. That is why 2 was amazing while 4 and Homecoming seemed so much like a survival apocalypse deal.
The creatures did seem rushed but it is more than just about what your fighting.

TigerGenocide
03-15-2012, 12:49 AM
They got the atmosphere spot on in the game. Even though they didn't have much variety in their creatures. It doesn't need to have creature after creature. The game is made for paranoia; not for fighting. That is why 2 was amazing while 4 and Homecoming seemed so much like a survival apocalypse deal.
The creatures did seem rushed but it is more than just about what your fighting.

Agreed, the atmosphere is great, just what I'd expect for Silent Hill.

I don't necessarily mean I wish there were more monsters to fight, just a more imaginative variety. Hell, I wouldn't care if there were only 5 different monsters in the game that you only fight once each. When I play Silent Hill, I expect to see a monster (in battle or in cutscene) and be like "Holy shit! what the hell is that thing?!" I haven't felt that in this game yet.

Compare designs like Pyramidhead, Twin victims, Abstract daddy, Closer, or bosses from Homecoming to any design in this game. Like you said, Paranoia plays a big part in Silent Hill. When I'm confronted with things I don't understand, like the above creatures, it freaks me out.

TrAvIs7
03-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Agreed, the atmosphere is great, just what I'd expect for Silent Hill.

I don't necessarily mean I wish there were more monsters to fight, just a more imaginative variety. Hell, I wouldn't care if there were only 5 different monsters in the game that you only fight once each. When I play Silent Hill, I expect to see a monster (in battle or in cutscene) and be like "Holy shit! what the hell is that thing?!" I haven't felt that in this game yet.

Compare designs like Pyramidhead, Twin victims, Abstract daddy, Closer, or bosses from Homecoming to any design in this game. Like you said, Paranoia plays a big part in Silent Hill. When I'm confronted with things I don't understand, like the above creatures, it freaks me out.

Yeah I know what you mean. But I suppose Murphy doesn't have many disturbing personal demons.

The only thing that got me was The Weeping Bat. (I dont know how far you are) So I will only say the very end.

demonizer_andy
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
i havnt had that sense of fear as i have in most games, there isnt as many enemies iv found and i dont find the enemies as scary or creepy as say the nurses from silent hill 2 or shitting myself when i ran into pyramid head for the first times, the ones iv ran to in this are just generic psycho peoples lol,there been a few freaky parts but as yet its all amounted to nothing and the relief has come too quickly

CrispyVictim
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm not really sure if this is a spoiler or not, but PyramidHead shows up in the special ending you get for completing the 'Digging Up The Past' side quest.

Jinster0426
03-16-2012, 05:01 AM
He is not in it

he is in downpour... sort off...hehehe.. get the E ending and you'll see

CORPSIE19
03-17-2012, 02:44 AM
yes he is in the game. but only in the "E" ending. pretty cool

Wtfmissile
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Pretty sure he's just an easteregg for the fans. But last I checked none of the previous monsters are in DP.(Nurses, PH)

STAALKIR
03-18-2012, 02:15 AM
he is in downpour... sort off...hehehe.. get the E ending and you'll see

yes he is in the game. but only in the "E" ending. pretty cool
yeah & he is a party crasher :D