PDA

View Full Version : Does this game seem laggy to anyone else?

GreatGaming88
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
It doesn't happen all the time but, there are times where it will lag my character for a bit. Is it just me or does it happen to anyone else?:confused:V

GreatGaming88
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Bump please

Ceris
03-15-2012, 05:02 PM
You don't need to bump your own thread after 2 hours. I haven't played the game yet, but I have heard multiple accounts of the crappy FPS rate and moments where it will outright freeze for a very short time. Try installing the game to your hard drive if you have the space. That should help.

TrAvIs7
03-15-2012, 05:54 PM
It's because it's powered by unreal and there are a lot of tight areas.

When unreal maps it only loads the room your in and what you can see from where your are. So when your running it's mapping very quickly and it gets a lot of lag.

And yes I have a lot.

uhKillswitch
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Same here.Quite annoying but not gamebreaking.

Dalewa
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah it's been very laggy in some areas especially in buildings. I even installed the game but I guess that didn't help.

Mei Ninja
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of lag as well. It's even got me killed in a few points because the framerate will just drop completely while a monster is wailing away on me. Frustrating to the max.

bluetop20
03-16-2012, 05:32 AM
yea i think everyone is having this same problem. its not that bad but it should be something they plan on fixing

DreamDevice
03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah it's called the Unreal Engine and it should be banned from high-end developers making games on it...

CORPSIE19
03-16-2012, 08:28 PM
yea its been happening to me alot lately. ganna try installing it to my hard drive :/ its been happening when i go in the tunnels mostly

Tidalwave
03-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, lag was so bad at one point I could only move a couple of steps before freezing up again. I installed to the hard drive, it still happens but not nearly that bad.

Ceris
03-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah it's called the Unreal Engine and it should be banned from high-end developers making games on it...
Actually, if used correctly, it can be amazing. Mirror's Edge is a great example. If I remember right, the game only loses FPS in 2-3 places in the entire game. To avoid major FPS drops, they use elevators in place of loading screens and when you touch certain objects, it will load the next area while unloading the previous area.

eiVaL
03-25-2012, 02:27 AM
yea its been happening to me alot lately. ganna try installing it to my hard drive :/ its been happening when i go in the tunnels mostly

i have it installed and its happening for me so dont expect it to fix it.

its both annoying but also on a different level since the games itself is already meant to be scary by nature, this just adds unnecessary tension cause of the quirky movements when you're trying to move slowly.

i also think the fact its rendering/loading only what you see on camera, its causing that door opening noise ive noticed just in the first part of the game when you're walking around the house, like its having to "load" the door open since i didnt shut it, for those few doors that dont auto-slam =S

reminds me of Fallout 3 when i would reentered an area where i dropped stuff or killed something, it would be in mid-air then fall

Reick17
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Is it something they could patch out, or just a problem with UE? I stopped playing it in the hopes that they'd fix it, but if not I'll keep playing.