PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Vs. Dexter

DreamDevice
03-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Am I the only person that noticed Daniel Licht used "Born Free" has his "scary" music for Silent Hill because he also used it in the tv show Dexter as the creepy music during Dexters brother confrontation?

Maybe I'm just irritated that both Licht and Vetra games both raped Silent Hill of anything that has to do with Silent Hill. Take the foggy town out and they should have called it, "Convict Goes On A Head Trip For Roughly Four To Five Hours Before The Audience Getting Disappointed In His Truth"

I hate you Licht, you were hired to copy Akira Yamaoka not put your own two cents into the music. Idiot.

Like a Kodiak
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I actually rather enjoy the music, but I will agree that it is one of the weakest parts in the game, easily.

It's definitely not on the same caliber as Yamaoka's, but with that said I'm glad he didn't copy him. I think fans would have been more upset had he tried to emulate him. "Why didn't they just get Yamaoka?! Konami can suck it!"

I think his music fits nicely, and gives this rendition of SH its own unique feel.

TrAvIs7
03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I felt Yamaoka really captured music when it came to being alone. This game just the throws ambiance together to try and capture it.

DreamDevice
03-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I felt Yamaoka really captured music when it came to being alone. This game just the throws ambiance together to try and capture it.

Well said...