PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Placement

BSCAS713
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I recently bought a Kinect and I have had some problems with tracking with some games and few or none with others. My question is: What is the best placement for a Kinect sensor? On an entertainment center/stand (2 or 3 ft off the ground)? On top of the TV (5 or 6 ft off the ground)? On the floor? I have a limited amount of space (like many others). I would just like some feedback on where people have the best luck with full tracking. Thanks in advance!

Pyrochaos
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I recently bought a Kinect and I have had some problems with tracking with some games and few or none with others. My question is: What is the best placement for a Kinect sensor? On an entertainment center/stand (2 or 3 ft off the ground)? On top of the TV (5 or 6 ft off the ground)? On the floor? I have a limited amount of space (like many others). I would just like some feedback on where people have the best luck with full tracking. Thanks in advance!

In your case, probably on the TV. That's where I have mine. MS says it works best anywhere between 3-6 feet off the ground. But if it's placed at the top of the TV, it lessens the area needed by approximately 1 foot than if it were lower down.

AvengingCactus7
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I have mine sitting on top of the tv. After i moved it there, I haven't had any real problems with it except when I attempted to play Musical Feet. It catches everything on me except for my feet, so as long as I don't do anything that require ground level movement, I'm good.

ashleary
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I have mine on my desk, under the television but I also use the Nyko Xoom - the user guide for that says do not put it on top of the telly.

The space I have is pretty limited but the set up works well.

* Clueless *
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM
MS says it works best anywhere between 3-6 feet off the ground. But if it's placed at the top of the TV, it lessens the area needed by approximately 1 foot than if it were lower down.

Did not know this! Currently I'm as close to the wall as a person can get for some of the tracking to register. The wall and I could definitely use the extra foot. Thanks so much for relaying that info!!!!

cheesyboy
04-02-2012, 12:39 PM
i have mine sitting on top of the tv unit just in front of the tv, roughly about 2.5 feet off the ground. it seems ok , but i might buy a bracket to attach it to the top of my tv.
cheesy