PDA

View Full Version : Concern

d00gler
03-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Bah, I'm worried. This game was the first online multiplayer FPS that captivated me, taking hours and hours of my time throughout high school and college. I started from build 1.3 on PC about 12 or 13 years ago.

I'm concerned that this soon-to-be-released console iteration will not meet up to the level of refine that the CS I grew up loving had. This is not only in the visuals (which the Xbox already can't match compared to the PC version of even 10 years ago), but also in the quality of levels and overall balance. My complaint about the visuals is related to the screens and videos I've seen, and the level quality and balance issues I'm worried about are due to the fact that they are nearly perfect in CS (at least the last time I played, which was about 8 years ago).

My concern is definitely aided by the fact that I was completely overtaken by my CS obsession in the early part of this century, playing all hours of the day and night with all my closest friends in pubs that sometimes had 64 player limits. Xbox will probably 16 player servers max, which is still plenty of people.

I will be waiting to see others' reviews of this game to decide if I will purchase it.

StolenPaper18
03-16-2012, 05:03 AM
This is not only in the visuals (which the Xbox already can't match compared to the PC version of even 10 years ago)

...what?

Just don't get your hopes up too high because more than likely it wont be perfect.

Nevander
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm with the OP on this one.

I saw gameplay for it, and I am truly disappointed.

Where are the same weapons from CS:S? Where is my original AK, my amazing Deagle, where are these weapons?

They look too much like Left 4 Dead weapons, seriously.

The graphics themselves ring out L4D2 to me, which I do not like. I don't understand why they had to make everything look like L4D2.

They should just bring out CS:S, the exact same way it is. No need to change a perfect game. Just sayin' Valve.

One last thing, WHERE IS EPISODE THREE?

StolenPaper18
03-19-2012, 08:42 PM

Where are the same weapons from CS:S? Where is my original AK, my amazing Deagle, where are these weapons?

The graphics themselves ring out L4D2 to me, which I do not like. I don't understand why they had to make everything look like L4D2.

They should just bring out CS:S, the exact same way it is. No need to change a perfect game. Just sayin' Valve.

That's why I tell people not to overhype the game...because they will probably be disappointed, lol. I say that with every new game. People just need to start accepting a game for what it is. Not what someone wants it to be.

killergp123
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM

I agree with you, even the bullet tracers scream L4D :(. While I am sure it will be enjoyable, it will never feel the same as the original or source. I hope it is like the counter-strike on the original xbox, just a nice chill time to kill people. When I want competitive or crazy mods/maps I will play on pc. Hell I just re-setup my 20 slot dedicated css server today. :D

McGill 83CANADA
04-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Hmm... U mean a nxt gen title will feel like a nxt gen title n not 1.6?? Weird lol

Nevander
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Hmm... U mean a nxt gen title will feel like a nxt gen title n not 1.6?? Weird lol

Exactly. Change is never good when it comes to a good game. When they starting changing things, pretty much anything (aiming, guns, crosshair, sounds, etc) the game is turned into something else. It's not the same basically. I would settle for CS 1.6 or CSS on 360.

On the subject, I would love for Valve to bring Half-Life 1, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force to the arcade. That would kick serious ass, they should do that as a package after they release CS:GO.