PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tips?

Free Beer
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
The combat system in this game is probably one of the worst in silent hill history. Half the time during combat Murphy just glitches out and ends up with his back to the enemy, getting raped. The weapons fucking break before you can even finish killing ONE enemy most of the time too. Idk, it seems like it's almost impossible for me to not get hit during combat. If there is more than one enemy, forget about it.

Anyone have any tips??

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
run away dude lol really not much to do about it. Just block a lot if your going to fight, if not just run away

Free Beer
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah I try to just take off most of the time, but I keep finding myself in situation where I have to fight, especially with those fucking weeping bats, they are SO annoying. They always attack me in such tight areas and it drive me nuts.

SkaKid25
03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
They did something right didn't they? You dread the fight with monsters and I feel the same way. I usually run away, sometimes there you have to put up a fight.

All enemies have a "pattern" when they fight. I usually don't get hit if I do it like this: block, block, block, hit, hit and repeat the process. When enemy is downed I drop my weapon and stomp them.

Also when it comes to weapons I found a lot of good ones around like Fire Axes, Double Headed Axes, or Pickle Axes and even there was a sledgehammer that did wonders. I'd stay away from stuff with short handle or stuff like chairs. Try throwing a brick or a stone, that can work good while you stumble for a next good weapon.

I really like the combat because it makes Murphy the underdog in the fights and that's the way to should be.

singhellotaku617
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I find that times where I actually have to fight are pretty rare so I usually just shoot anything that screws with me, otherwise I just tend to hold on to any axes I find as they are pretty durable.