PDA

View Full Version : Look here before posting for help

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Here is some answers to questions that are getting asked a lot:

Q: Do I need to do the "Digging up the Past" side quest for the Silent Hill Tour Guide achievement?

A: No, you simply need to do all the other side quests in one play through. As soon as you complete your last side quest, the achievement will unlock immediately

Q: When I fight enemies, sometimes they will die instantly without getting incapacitated, but it doesnt show up as a kill in my stats. Is this a glitch? Can I still get the Good Behavior achievement if this happens?

A: If the baddie dies instantly, for some reason that doesnt count as a +1 kill to your stats. The only way it counts as a kill is if you kill them with a gun or if you hit them while they are on the ground and they die that way. But if you hit them and they automatically fall down dead, your in the clear. If you ever have any worries or doubts after a fight, just go into your stats and scroll down. It will tell you how many enemies youve killed. As long as you have 0 kills at the end of the game, youll get the achievement

Q: Does killing the boss or the Bogeyman void the "Good Behavior" achievement?

A: No, you can kill the Bogeyman and the boss and still get the achievement.

Q: Can I do all side quests in one play through and still get the Good Behavior achievement?

A: Some people say theyve done it but I personally have tried on several occasions and havnt been able to do it. During the Bank side quest, you need to kill waves of enemies to proceed. When there on the ground, incapacitated, the vault wont open. Only way Ive seen it open is if you kill them, so if you get lucky and kill every monster instantly before it hits the ground, then yes, I guess you could do it, but like I said, ive tried maybe 5 times and couldnt do it

Q: How does the save system work?

A: When the game says "saving...", that usually means its just saving your stats. When you see a little paper icon in the middle right of the screen, that means the game truly auto saved. If you want to check whens the last time it auto saved, before you cut your game off, pause and go to load game, and check the time on the last save the game did.

Q: Ive escaped Devils Pit and am in Hillside. How do I get to the next area?

A: After Hillside youll be going to Pearl Creek. Head north on Lansdale Ave until you come to the end. Enter the yard on your left and follow the path around to the side of the house to get to the backyard Your going to want to use the ladder thats there so in order to do that you have to grab the hook thats towards the back of that yard. Use the hook to bring down the ladder. NOTE: If you use that hook in battle and it breaks, I dont think you can get another one

Q: Once I leave a general area, can I go back to it anytime?

A: Yes, if you leave an area you can always go back after at some point, with the exception of Penitentiary. Once you get on the boat in Port Side, you CANNOT go back, so make sure you do everything you need to do before that. But as a general rule to follow, always try to get every collectable in an area before moving on.
NOTE: A lot of people say they cant go back into Centennial Building after they leave. On some play throughs, I was able to go back in, and on some, I wasnt. I have not yet confirmed this, but I think it has something to do with items in your inventory. Sometimes when I do speed runs, Ill pick up an item in the building, such as the slides, and Ill never use them, since I already know the codes, so the item stays with me. Whenever I have an item from the building still in my inventory, I can usually get back in. But this has not been consistent and I cant confirm yet. So my advice: get all collectables before you leave

Mastah Jay
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Q: Ive escaped Devils Pit and am in Hillside. How do I get to the next area?

A: After Hillside youll be going to Pearl Creek. Head north on Lansdale Ave until you come to the end. Enter the yard on your left and follow the path around to the side of the house to get to the backyard Your going to want to use the ladder thats there so in order to do that you have to grab the hook thats towards the back of that yard. Use the hook to bring down the ladder. NOTE: If you use that hook in battle and it breaks, I dont think you can get another one

Actually, you are wrong, sir. There are three total hooks before St. Mary's, one of which is a respawning one. The respawning one is in the park, by the fountain, when you go to centennial building or Chastain Heights. Third one is by the red metal doors, opposite the ladder to Gramophone quest.