PDA

View Full Version : Where Are Weeping Bats?

DreamDevice
03-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one having a hard time finding weeping bats to kill?

4 - Devils Pit
3 - Library
2 - Church
1 - Under Bridge
2 - Dead Man's Hand Basement

Seems to me this is a pretty easily miss-able achievement if you leave more than 2 behind. Anyone know of other spawn points?

Quack Afflack
03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
some in the prsion, during the boss fight

DreamDevice
03-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Beatin the game 3 times now, there's no bats after you get on the boat...

=/

Quack Afflack
03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Beatin the game 3 times now, there's no bats after you get on the boat...

=/

i fought 3 of them in the prison

STAALKIR
03-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Got the pinata party cheevo seconds ago, It was a bit** u have to knock 10 of them to the ground, then decide their fate, killing them while their hanging from ceiling does not count. at least for me:woop:

SilentHill002
03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
So let me see if I understand this? You have to push over their cages while being chased, turn around, and kill them? Wouldn't knocking them over count as an incap?

CORPSIE19
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
after the orphanage chapter under a bridge, i dont know if it was a bug or glitch but every time i went back to that bridge more and more weeping bats would spaw. last time i went back there was at least 8

Gor1lla
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
^what he said.

I got one in the beginning, let him live and when i returned, two bats where there. I did some side quests and when i returned 4 of them appeared.

@SilentHill002 Nope, the weeping bats are the tall creatures that you first encounter in the mine

oxy71
03-20-2012, 05:21 AM
I got all the bats before under the bridge. that one never appeared no matter what I tried. So I went to do dead mans hand and waited forever for one of the bats to come down so I can kill it. Get the kill and no cheevo. Stupid game! I replayed the game just for this achievement but it glitched. Stupid game!

STAALKIR
03-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I got all the bats before under the bridge. that one never appeared no matter what I tried. So I went to do dead mans hand and waited forever for one of the bats to come down so I can kill it. Get the kill and no cheevo. Stupid game! I replayed the game just for this achievement but it glitched. Stupid game!

I had the same problem, u need to knock them to the ground then finish'em. one shot kills do not count toward the cheevo. same goes to killin' them when they're on the ceiling.

Free Beer
03-24-2012, 05:20 PM
after the orphanage chapter under a bridge, i dont know if it was a bug or glitch but every time i went back to that bridge more and more weeping bats would spaw. last time i went back there was at least 8

^what he said.

I got one in the beginning, let him live and when i returned, two bats where there. I did some side quests and when i returned 4 of them appeared.

@SilentHill002 Nope, the weeping bats are the tall creatures that you first encounter in the mine

Where is this bridge you speak of?? If possible can someone give me a screen shot of the map to show me where it is???

Gor1lla
03-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Can't give you a screenshot right now, but the bridge is the one you see when you go to the port district. It' near the van with the last picture for the Art side quest.

Once you finish the Monastery, you will come out of a sewer that's near the bridge, too.

Free Beer
03-25-2012, 04:37 AM
Can't give you a screenshot right now, but the bridge is the one you see when you go to the port district. It' near the van with the last picture for the Art side quest.

Once you finish the Monastery, you will come out of a sewer that's near the bridge, too.

Word, I'm pretty sure I know where you're talking about. But if you or someone else can up a screen shot that would be dope.

I'm actually in the Monastery right now, so I'll keep my eyes open whenI leave. Do we know if there is anything special you need to do to get them to appear?

Tyger7
03-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Word, I'm pretty sure I know where you're talking about. But if you or someone else can up a screen shot that would be dope.

I'm actually in the Monastery right now, so I'll keep my eyes open whenI leave. Do we know if there is anything special you need to do to get them to appear?

It's literally after the St Marias after the Bogeyman fight. Like once you get out you'll run under an overpass. It's the only overpass in the game and you will see it for sure. In fact, if doing sidequests, you'll probably run under it multiple times.

I ran past it at least 10 times, not once was there a weeping bat.

Free Beer
03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
It's literally after the St Marias after the Bogeyman fight. Like once you get out you'll run under an overpass. It's the only overpass in the game and you will see it for sure. In fact, if doing sidequests, you'll probably run under it multiple times.

I ran past it at least 10 times, not once was there a weeping bat.

Hmmmm.... Why are people saying that they spawn there then?? Does anyone know if there is anything special you have to do to get them to spawn there???? Do they only spawn there after the Monastery?? Is it an issue of difficulty level??

Bushin Berto
03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
There is also one in the Hansel and gretel area and when you splice all the cinema reels.

Gor1lla
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I found up to 8 bats under the bridge on easy/easy. It started with 1 bat and they seemed to double everytime I finished a quest and re-enter the area. I found the first one before the monastery

Hoborg
03-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Why is this a problem for people? Mine popped at the end of the St. Marias.

I've seen plenty afterwards as well.

XEN610
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Another WB is in front of the art gallery where you enter to drop off the paintings. Second run through & I have six so far just at the Church.

Devil's Pit-2
Art Gallery-1
Centenial-3

cheevo360
03-30-2012, 10:18 PM
When I am in The Centenial Building first 2 weeping bats to fights in garage and knocked both down and kill them with melee weapons to finishing them off and they are counts in statistics for kill enemies like other weeping bats before this building so when I arrived Library and there weeping bat is next to mystery notes that weeping bat is glitched and I knocked him down and finishing off and it not count in statistics and I tried killed him everything but still not counts into statistics and I reload last checkpoints 15 times!!

I worried maybe next Weeping Bat will not count for killed enemies in statistics :(

I knew Weeping Bat is glitchy for cheevo but I worried this might affected for next other Weeping Bats to kill then not counts become blocked from library weeping bat.

Edit: Should I reload last checkpoint saved and leave this weeping bat in library or kill him again but not count in statistics but count for achievement work?

Hoborg
03-30-2012, 11:08 PM
When I am in The Centenial Building first 2 weeping bats to fights in garage and knocked both down and kill them with melee weapons to finishing them off and they are counts in statistics for kill enemies like other weeping bats before this building so when I arrived Library and there weeping bat is next to mystery notes that weeping bat is glitched and I knocked him down and finishing off and it not count in statistics and I tried killed him everything but still not counts into statistics and I reload last checkpoints 15 times!!

I worried maybe next Weeping Bat will not count for killed enemies in statistics :(

I knew Weeping Bat is glitchy for cheevo but I worried this might affected for next other Weeping Bats to kill then not counts become blocked from library weeping bat.

Edit: Should I reload last checkpoint saved and leave this weeping bat in library or kill him again but not count in statistics but count for achievement work?

Reloading checkpoints is risky business. I did so in the cent building and I lost progress on the mysteries.

eiVaL
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
its the big ass white monsters that crawl on the ceilings, incase anyone was looking for actual small bats

i just got the achievment after killing one in the Movie Theater, had no F'ing clue THOSE WERE BATS