PDA

View Full Version : setting up the 4x4 grid.

JoeySorensen
08-22-2007, 11:15 AM
hey, im trying to get all the achievements, and am reading up on hexic.info website, but i dont get how to get all the silver stars in the grid.

any help?

Rocket
08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
You have to keep making them and moving them into position...that shit is way difficult man...wil take you lots of practice to do it...

Vista
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
agreed... I dont understand why there are Hexic Grid helpers when I can't even get a few star flowers in a game let alone near each other to make a pearl.... Some people must be really, really good at this game.

icedtea
08-26-2007, 03:20 AM
it shows you on how to move the stars on that site

it is where i learned about the grid and how to move the stars. just practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRWAQjJcxM

KasualBeast
01-31-2008, 07:29 AM
i watched like 3 videos after not being able to get the 150000 achievement, then i went back and blew it away with like 360000 points or something like that. I dunno you get better watching really good people

Vame536
02-28-2008, 07:32 AM
agreed... I dont understand why there are Hexic Grid helpers when I can't even get a few star flowers in a game let alone near each other to make a pearl.... Some people must be really, really good at this game.

Exactly.

All the guides I read just say things like 'make 19 billion star flowers in the first turn, then put them in a grid shaped like an elephants digestive system viewed in a mirror, then use those to make 4 thousand black pearls and the rest is easy'...

I've only ever had 5 star flowers twice, and both times they all got combo'd together.

If only someone would make a simple, step by step, easy to understand guide for PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME, so we might get somewhere.

Least least accessible game ever. Hardest achievements ever.

Impossible. And no ammount of reading about grid systems is going to change that. If thats as simple as it gets, then I give up, because I've read through various guides and nothing helps.

What gets me as well are people saying this is an easy 200\200 or a Black Pearl is easy. If its easy, explain to me how to do it.

Its easy, therefore its easy to explain. Right?

Apple
02-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Exactly.

All the guides I read just say things like 'make 19 billion star flowers in the first turn, then put them in a grid shaped like an elephants digestive system viewed in a mirror, then use those to make 4 thousand black pearls and the rest is easy'...

I've only ever had 5 star flowers twice, and both times they all got combo'd together.

If only someone would make a simple, step by step, easy to understand guide for PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME, so we might get somewhere.

Least least accessible game ever. Hardest achievements ever.

Impossible. And no ammount of reading about grid systems is going to change that. If thats as simple as it gets, then I give up, because I've read through various guides and nothing helps.

What gets me as well are people saying this is an easy 200200 or a Black Pearl is easy. If its easy, explain to me how to do it.

Its easy, therefore its easy to explain. Right?

If the colors were set and not random this game would be an easy 200, but they're not so this game will never be easy. I think if hexic HD wasn't free it probably wouldn't sell half a thousand. I've spent many hours trying to get a black pearl only to realize 16 hours is not worth 50 gamerpoints.

Lt Lloyd
03-09-2008, 02:53 PM
it takes ALLOT of practice and time

TheGoalslammer
03-14-2008, 09:27 PM
It does take patience, practice, time, and a certain amount of puzzle-solving skill. I've managed most of the achievements, but the Grand Pearl Poo-Bah still daunts me because I always end up making a stupid mistake and making a trio of black pearls before I can get six total of them, and then I come across a bomb that I can't beat. I HAVE found that I do better when I break up my playing. I get two black pearls and quit. Come back later and I get two more. That way I don't get over-frustrated or rushed.

TheGoalslammer
03-15-2008, 10:46 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I was SO close. I had 5 pearls, and 3 stars when I got screwed by a bomb.

Hellknight79
03-31-2008, 08:39 AM
The information on hexic.info is great! I would suggest a master grid instead of the 4X4, but before that just practice star walking without making random combos. The earlier you can make 2 stars that touch the more time you have to set up the grid before bombs start dropping.
When I start a new game I look at the board and try to make a star within 5 combos and another not too long after. If I can't do that, I just go back to the menu and start a new game until I can get a few stars early on.
Try hard not to make random combos while setting your grid up, If you don't have too many you can have the grid well underway before level 2 and the more of the grid is in place the easier it will be not to have any random combos (if you use the master instead of 4X4).
If you have problems visualizing this stuff from a text description, just check out the youtube videos link from hexic.info
Also remember on marathon you're not timed, so take your time to look at exactly what will happen when you rotate this and that piece.

Hope this helps.:)

Im Justa Newb
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
I too have had trouble with this, one with black pearls instead of the silver ones, I'll have to check out that site. Thanks.

smashngrab77
07-21-2008, 03:39 AM
it shows you on how to move the stars on that site

it is where i learned about the grid and how to move the stars. just practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRWAQjJcxM

Thanks for the link...maybe it will help if I wasn't retarded!

Bergashnurga
07-28-2008, 02:16 AM
plan out every move and practice a lot, there are videos on youtube showing how to set it up. i'm having some trouble in this area myself but once i'm done with geometry wars i'll be able to focus on it a little more.

Smugu
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I read the hexic.info stuff today and looked at some videos... I actually learned something and managed to make a black pearl for the first time. Almost did the Marathon Mogul too ! Anyway to make the starflowers i looked for different patterns and such, if you see 3 pieces making the bottom half of starflower you should concentrate there... Sometimes its just about luck (which color pieces drop) anyway I got 4 or 5 starflowers before the bomb level

Jesper114
03-13-2009, 07:48 PM
managed to get 10 star flowers at the end of level 1. but then i screwed up by making a combo which got rid of 5 of my flowers... so i quited. a well it's going better every time i play