PDA

View Full Version : Look forward this game. I like know whoever opinion of this new Silent Hill series.

cheevo360
03-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Hello, I preordered this game from shopto.net and look forward to it. (release 30th March in UK)

So I like know what your opinion and how good game is that.

I don't care what IGN.com gave low rating score.

This why I like know whoever here tell me how good is this hehehe

Judivarious
03-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello, I preordered this game from shopto.net and look forward to it. (release 30th March in UK)

So I like know what your opinion and how good game is that.

I don't care what IGN.com gave low rating score.

This why I like know whoever here tell me how good is this hehehe

I give it a 2 / 5.

Here is a long list of problems...

- Frame rate Issues

- Constant freezing/pausing gameplay

- Terrible melee Combat System

- Terrible plot

- Terrible Characters (You just can't get into the main character of this game that you could have from SH 1 - 4)

- Massive Glitches/bugs. (IE: Mission items not appearing, doors not opening, etc)

- Terrible Gun autoaim (Reticule can be right on an enemy, yet you'll somehow miss. Shotgun doesn't even spread)

- Subpar Graphics (I don't really care about graphics, they ONLY seem to shine during cutscenes, during normal gameplay crap looks....well like crap.)

- Very Short Storyline

It's funny how a game that was delayed so many times can have so many problems. But I guess that's Konami's fault, for hiring someone else to be the developer, "Vatra Games", who only developed ONE other game, "Rush-N-Attack: Ex-Patriot".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatra_games

Honestly, I'd rate this the worst Silent Hill game ever made, but luckily it's still saved from that spot, by Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which was a remake of the first game, except with NO combat system.

I've played EVERY Silent Hill game, so coming into this one, you will see why I'm highly disappointed. Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo having developed Silent Hill 1 - 4, I could tell it was after that where it all went downhill, except for Homecoming, that was decent.

cheevo360
03-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Yes so smiliar to IGN. Shame too much problems on this new Silent Hill series. I will play this game just for cheevos.

I will ask mum to phone Konami about problems and if freezes hit me in this game then she will phone them. I can't phone because I am deaf.

I still look forward game.

I hope Konami to get patches but I don't think so since their almost games got no patches lol

Konami must be one of worst publishers on this earth :)

Judivarious
03-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Yes so smiliar to IGN. Shame too much problems on this new Silent Hill series. I will play this game just for cheevos.

I will ask mum to phone Konami about problems and if freezes hit me in this game then she will phone them. I can't phone because I am deaf.

I still look forward game.

I hope Konami to get patches but I don't think so since their almost games got no patches lol

Konami must be one of worst publishers on this earth :)

Well, you don't want to call Konami, they've only published the game.

Vatra Games are the people you want to call, they lead the full development.

Here's a link to their website....good luck finding a contact number, I find it SO IRONIC that their "Contact" portion of their website doesn't work:

http://www.vatragames.com/

EliteShadowMan
03-17-2012, 05:48 PM
The games fine. Sure it has framerate issues and the combat sucks, but at least so far its scared me more than homecoming, shattered memories, and origins.

Vigor
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Well, you don't want to call Konami, they've only published the game.

Vatra Games are the people you want to call, they lead the full development.

Here's a link to their website....good luck finding a contact number, I find it SO IRONIC that their "Contact" portion of their website doesn't work:

http://www.vatragames.com/

Contact form opens up an email client but you can also contact them at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vatra-Games/232947944270?ref=ts

MrEastSide
03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I think the visuals are far above average. However, I agree about the choppiness. It gets rather annoying in some spots.

DreamDevice
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
The games fine. Sure it has framerate issues and the combat sucks, but at least so far its scared me more than homecoming, shattered memories, and origins.
this game scared you? There was NOTHING satanic or shocking about it. Hell there was one MAYBE two creature jumps at you during the entire game. Homecoming was full of blood, gore, satanic imagery and shock value. I dunno dude, that statement is a bit confusing to me. And I TRIED to let it scare me...

DreamDevice
03-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I give it a 2 / 5.

Here is a long list of problems...

- Frame rate Issues

- Constant freezing/pausing gameplay

- Terrible melee Combat System

- Terrible plot

- Terrible Characters (You just can't get into the main character of this game that you could have from SH 1 - 4)

- Massive Glitches/bugs. (IE: Mission items not appearing, doors not opening, etc)

- Terrible Gun autoaim (Reticule can be right on an enemy, yet you'll somehow miss. Shotgun doesn't even spread)

- Subpar Graphics (I don't really care about graphics, they ONLY seem to shine during cutscenes, during normal gameplay crap looks....well like crap.)

- Very Short Storyline

It's funny how a game that was delayed so many times can have so many problems. But I guess that's Konami's fault, for hiring someone else to be the developer, "Vatra Games", who only developed ONE other game, "Rush-N-Attack: Ex-Patriot".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatra_games

Honestly, I'd rate this the worst Silent Hill game ever made, but luckily it's still saved from that spot, by Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which was a remake of the first game, except with NO combat system.

I've played EVERY Silent Hill game, so coming into this one, you will see why I'm highly disappointed. Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo having developed Silent Hill 1 - 4, I could tell it was after that where it all went downhill, except for Homecoming, that was decent.
SPOT. FUCKING. ON.

Bravo.

Gor1lla
03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
this game scared you? There was NOTHING satanic or shocking about it. Hell there was one MAYBE two creature jumps at you during the entire game. Homecoming was full of blood, gore, satanic imagery and shock value. I dunno dude, that statement is a bit confusing to me. And I TRIED to let it scare me...

Your opinion, not his.
IMO the game had some intense moments (most of them during the first half).

The combat system sucked and it lagged (loading issues), but other than that it was a cool game.

cheevo360
03-18-2012, 04:53 AM
I loved mix of all of your opinions hehe

Look forward this game as again I don't care if lags and combats is suck but I am sure manage to complete game with those types of broken bits lol

singhellotaku617
03-18-2012, 08:57 AM
What are you talking about 2nd post? 4's hero is the most boring protaganist in the history of video games, to the TC the game is excellent the combat is a bit iffy but its not much of an issue as combat is rare and I have not encountered any of the freezing issues he mentioned. If you like survival horror buy it.

singhellotaku617
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
The visuals may be middle of the road but the lighting while outside is outstanding

Judivarious
03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
What are you talking about 2nd post? 4's hero is the most boring protaganist in the history of video games, to the TC the game is excellent the combat is a bit iffy but its not much of an issue as combat is rare and I have not encountered any of the freezing issues he mentioned. If you like survival horror buy it.

In the "history of video games".....Really? I guess you've not played that many games then, because there are WAY the hell more names for that list....But it's okay, because your opinions don't outweigh the facts.

A few examples would be:

- Lloyd (Vampire Rain)

- Matt Hazard (Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard)

- Srgnt. Michael Beckett (F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin)

- The Entire Cast of Left 4 Dead 2.

SilentHill002
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM
It does have a lot of technical issues (texture pop ins, framerate issues, gltiched environments) But the story and horror factor are great reasons to buy the game. I am also a huge Silent Hill nerd so weigh your options.

CORPSIE19
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
i honestly really enjoyed this game. a little laggy in parts but really fun. not very scary tho. its an easy 1000G :D

SideshowN
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought the sidequests were done fairly well for the most part and the end boss was pretty cool. The game should of been delayed more to fix all the various bugs that have been mentioned then it would of got more praise.