PDA

View Full Version : Starting Difficulty

Foxhound300
03-17-2012, 04:51 PM
So who's starting on Hard?

http://i.imgur.com/mOj8d.png

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I just started the game on hard and so far its not too hard. Hoping it gets much harder

EDIT: scratch that, starting over on normal lol I only have one controller so I cant break it right now. I really hope that the game keeps its impossible aura about it from NG2.

Foxhound300
03-17-2012, 05:20 PM
So you started on hard, it got too hard, so you switched to normal?

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 05:23 PM
So you started on hard, it got too hard, so you switched to normal?
well Im trying to get it on capture card and im not lookin too good on hard. Id rather just learn the controls again and then go back.

Dark Anaconda
03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I am looking forward for the ultimate Ninja Mode ,the description looks interesting ,hope it will be harder than NM Mode.

I will start with Hard or NM Mode ,than i will play the ultimate ninja mode.

After enjoying the story i will move to the "Co-op Mission Modes" hope they are well made.

I wish there would be an achievement for beating ultimate ninja mode ,that would be perfect.

SWi IVI IVI ER
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
For some reason I enjoy hack'n slash on hard. More satisfying.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Heres why I started over

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-m1ljG6kY

Rockets just pour on you. I eventually got it my third try but its just a pain when your trying to capture

Foxhound300
03-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Lol that reminds me of Mentor in Ninja Gaiden 2.

I'll be starting on Hard for the first time in my ninja gaiden career just because of how OXM acts like Normal is for losers of loserville. Normal wasn't that hard in NG2 either, but that's the problem with a series like Ninja Gaiden (or any game I guess that you've played previous titles): once you play through the first one the others aren't as hard.

I also like, from watching your video, how you can quickly do the steel-on-bone moves, rather than having to wait a second or two like all the trailers seem to imply.

scorpy78
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Heres why I started over

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-m1ljG6kY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h-m1ljG6kY)

Rockets just pour on you. I eventually got it my third try but its just a pain when your trying to capture

you should walk slowly here and sneak behind your enemies to kill them

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 07:13 PM
you should walk slowly here and sneak behind your enemies to kill them
i Just spammed the slide button and went crazy. I hate being sneaky in games that arnt supposed to be sneaky.

Foxhound300
03-17-2012, 07:40 PM
>Game has segments where you're supposed to be sneaky
>Game isn't supposed to be sneaky

Ok lol

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
>Game has segments where you're supposed to be sneaky
>Game isn't supposed to be sneaky

Ok lol
thats not a section where you have to be sneaky....and no the game isnt supposed to be sneaky its a hack n slash. I mean not like splinter cell or one of those type of games. The word sneaky and ninja gaiden doesnt go together lol

Devolon
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I also like, from watching your video, how you can quickly do the steel-on-bone moves, rather than having to wait a second or two like all the trailers seem to imply.

Yeah, that makes the game look better, that couple of seconds delay was really hurting the game's flow. Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye, like you can do a quick Y to finish it quickly or you can make it last longer if you need the invulnerability frames. Very surprised that team ninja never shown that.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
no you do need to wait sometimes. It will come up with a button on the screen that you have to press. I think thats the saw through bone thing or whatever. Ill upload a vid with more fighting and sweet ninpo powers

Youtube messed the audio sync up with this one so Ill have to reup another one but heres the vid

once I go inside the building its pretty much the end
Ninja Gaiden 3 Ninpo Powers - YouTube

SoloistProdigy
03-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Rite mate awesome vids, just quick question can ye still do the guillotine throw in this new game?

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Rite mate awesome vids, just quick question can ye still do the guillotine throw in this new game?
that I dont know yet. The way the game is set up as far as how you choose abilities and weapons is different now. Its up on the d pad. and you now can have like a combo window open while you play, that shows you every button your pressing

SoloistProdigy
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok cheers for info mate :)

a7x4lyf3
03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
thats not a section where you have to be sneaky....and no the game isnt supposed to be sneaky its a hack n slash. I mean not like splinter cell or one of those type of games. The word sneaky and ninja gaiden doesnt go together lol What do you mean that wasn't a part you had to be sneaky in? You could have easily assassinated everyone in that area, instead you chose to charge in every given moment and that's why you got bombarded with rockets, yet you complain for your own mistake? lol just accept the fact man, Ninja Gaiden has changed, there are parts you need to be sneaky at, and that is one of them.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 01:14 AM
What do you mean that wasn't a part you had to be sneaky in? You could have easily assassinated everyone in that area, instead you chose to charge in every given moment and that's why you got bombarded with rockets, yet you complain for your own mistake? lol just accept the fact man, Ninja Gaiden has changed, there are parts you need to be sneaky at, and that is one of them.
Oh you have the game? Didnt think so. No ones complaining. When you get behind someone, the option to assassinate doesnt show up yet. And the second you attack someone they know where you are. So when you get the game and you realize you cant sneak during that part, think of me <3

a7x4lyf3
03-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Oh you have the game? Didnt think so. When you get it, go and see if you can be sneaky during that part, because you cant. The second you attack someone, the rockets know where you are. Sneaking wasnt even introduced until later on anyways. And the only way to sneak is simply tilting left stick. And lastly, no one wants to see gameplay of someone sneaking around playing ninja gaiden. Like I said, I got past it easily after I just slid around a lotAhh yea sorry about that, I would have the game but you know there's this thing stopping me... It's called umm oh what is it... Oh yes, waiting for the street date like everyone else, and from what i recall I noticed when you got far from the enemies they lost track of you allowing to come back for another sneak attack, loopholes everywhere my friend.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Ahh yea sorry about that, I would have the game but you know there's this thing stopping me... It's called umm oh what is it... Oh yes, waiting for the street date like everyone else, and from what i recall I noticed when you got far from the enemies they lost track of you allowing to come back for another sneak attack, loopholes everywhere my friend.
The enemies wherent giving me trouble, it was the rockets buddy. You impaired or something?

a7x4lyf3
03-18-2012, 01:25 AM
The enemies where giving me trouble, it was the rockets buddy. You impaired or something? Obviously you're blind, because the rockets only launch at you when an enemy spots you...

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Obviously you're blind, because the rockets only launch at you when an enemy spots you...
yea and the enemy spots you the second you attack, seeing as theres no assassination option yet, so theyll always spot you. And then come the rockets. And for the millionth time, I did it easily without sneaking just by sliding and doing quick attacks. If you wanna play ng sneaky then thats all you. I find it lame. And like I said, I only changed the difficulty because Im on capture card. No one wants ng footage of people sneaking.

milkycha
03-18-2012, 02:22 AM
FLIP, can you tell me if the game is region locked or not? Also, have you noticed a lot of screen tearing? In the trailers there was screen tearing every time the camera was moved, but I only noticed tearing in your video when you used the ninpo. What display setup and resolution are you using?

I'm hoping that in the trailers they were running the game at upscaled 1080p, which causes ridiculous amounts of tearing, as opposed to running the game closer to its native resolution, which should cause minimal/zero screen tearing.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 02:40 AM
FLIP, can you tell me if the game is region locked or not? Also, have you noticed a lot of screen tearing? In the trailers there was screen tearing every time the camera was moved, but I only noticed tearing in your video when you used the ninpo. What display setup and resolution are you using?

I'm hoping that in the trailers they were running the game at upscaled 1080p, which causes ridiculous amounts of tearing, as opposed to running the game closer to its native resolution, which should cause minimal/zero screen tearing.
Im playing an NTSC/U version. On my capture card I was running at 1080i @ 9mb/s 29 fps. When Im playing off capture its 1080p. I personally havnt seen much screen tearing in the game at all really

milkycha
03-18-2012, 02:51 AM
So you're running an NTSC/U version on your NTSC/U console? You don't have a PAL or JP console handy to test if it's region locked? Ninja Gaiden II was region free, but I think that's because it was published by Microsoft. This game is published by TecmoKoei, so I'm worried they'll region lock it.

I can't believe how hard it is to find an answer to this simple question. I even sent emails to TecmoKoei support, asking if a PAL copy would run on my Japanese console, and they apparently didn't even know that many Xbox games are region free; they accused me of having a hacked Xbox! Idiots.

Anyway, thanks for the hasty reply. That's great news about the tearing. I was especially worried because Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is rife with tearing. It's the main reason I can't stand to play it. Funny that the PS3 versions of games seem to suffer from this issue so much more than the 360 counterparts. The PS3 versions of Resident Evil 5, Bayonetta, and all the Assassin's Creed games are just disgusting to look at.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 02:59 AM
So you're running an NTSC/U version on your NTSC/U console? You don't have a PAL or JP console handy to test if it's region locked? Ninja Gaiden II was region free, but I think that's because it was published by Microsoft. This game is published by TecmoKoei, so I'm worried they'll region lock it.

I can't believe how hard it is to find an answer to this simple question. I even sent emails to TecmoKoei support, asking if a PAL copy would run on my Japanese console, and they apparently didn't even know that many Xbox games are region free; they accused me of having a hacked Xbox! Idiots.

Anyway, thanks for the hasty reply. That's great news about the tearing. I was especially worried because Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is rife with tearing. It's the main reason I can't stand to play it. Funny that the PS3 versions of games seem to suffer from this issue so much more than the 360 counterparts. The PS3 versions of Resident Evil 5, Bayonetta, and all the Assassin's Creed games are just disgusting to look at.

right. I have an NTSC/U console as well. No sorry I dont have a PAL console. I dont see any PAL versions anywhere so Im assuming its region locked because when one version comes out, the other usually follows suite. I personally dont mind tearing that much if the game play is nice

Foxhound300
03-18-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm sorry, I don't want to start another fight here, but I have to comment on the "assassination" debate.

You didn't even try to assassinate them. You didn't move slowly to get behind them or anything, at least not in the first video. And when they've shown gameplay footage of that scene, that's exactly what you're supposed to be able to do. Sneak up right behind them and press something. If anyone sees you, you can't do it any more.

Maybe it's an ability you learn later, but then there'd be no reason for the game to encourage you to kill those soldiers, rather they'd be suggesting avoiding them.

Just my two cents.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm sorry, I don't want to start another fight here, but I have to comment on the "assassination" debate.

You didn't even try to assassinate them. You didn't move slowly to get behind them or anything, at least not in the first video. And when they've shown gameplay footage of that scene, that's exactly what you're supposed to be able to do. Sneak up right behind them and press something. If anyone sees you, you can't do it any more.

Maybe it's an ability you learn later, but then there'd be no reason for the game to encourage you to kill those soldiers, rather they'd be suggesting avoiding them.

Just my two cents.

I didnt try on that video? no. Did I try at all? Yes. Three times. It might just have been that you can do it after if you want to go replay the level but I couldnt do it.
But Ill let you hard core ng players experience the game for yourselves. I dont think youll be happy. I really like it but then again I never put the time in ng2 that everyone else did. It just seems like they made it so everyone can jump in and do crazy things. And I dont know for sure, but Im thinking theres only a couple different weapons. I wont know until I beat it though so Ill find out then. But its no where nears as hard as ng2. btw I am playing on hard again. Not normal. Hopefully the last difficulty is impossible

HanzoHasashi
03-18-2012, 05:20 AM
Hard - Just finished Day 4 and so far no real challenge. Yes, you might die on Boss fights (2-3 hits n Ryu sleeps with the dogs) until you got their patterns down ... but if you're used to NG2 I definately recommend Hard.

rc deaths agent
03-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Hard - Just finished Day 4 and so far no real challenge. Yes, you might die on Boss fights (2-3 hits n Ryu sleeps with the dogs) until you got their patterns down ... but if you're used to NG2 I definately recommend Hard. Cool! How are the boss fights by the way? In comparison to 1 and 2?

milkycha
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM
I dont see any PAL versions anywhere so Im assuming its region locked because when one version comes out, the other usually follows suite. I personally dont mind tearing that much if the game play is nice

What do you mean you don't see any PAL versions anywhere? How would you know what region someone's game is?

Dark Anaconda
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
We will find our answers in a few days. :woop:

HanzoHasashi
03-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Cool! How are the boss fights by the way? In comparison to 1 and 2?

Hmm, different but the same. Almost every boss battle is split in different scene's. f.e. 1st) you battle the boss 1vs1 (have to follow a certain pattern like in NG2 or Black), 2nd) action sequence (run away hollywood blockbuster style), 3rd) back to battle 1vs1 until OT (which ends in a QT of 1 or 2 buttons).

Yes, the game feels different ... but I enjoy it to the fullest. Ryu is bad ass.

FLIPADELPHIIA
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
the multiplayer is probably the saddest thing ive ever seen in my life : (

Foxhound300
03-18-2012, 04:15 PM
the multiplayer is probably the saddest thing ive ever seen in my life : (

Well, that was pretty damn obvious going in. Ninja Gaiden is not built for multiplayer. Devil May Cry, on the other hand...

cmcgregor
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Dammit just beat it on hard and only got hard difficulty achievement. Didn't stack the lower difficulties. That sucks.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Yeah...that sounds really bad. Can you skip cutscenes?

ajennice
03-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I usually play through my first on normal. I hate getting into a game and hit a wall and then have the fustration set in. I've tried some games on hardest just to get 8/10 of the way through and get sooo pissed at a pojnt I either stop laying completely, or rest at a lesser level. If I go through it and see it as a good replay, i'll crank it up a touch.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Well you can apparently change the difficulty at any time now, and the only negative (published) review so far came from someone playing on Normal.