PDA

View Full Version : triple threat

matt schwindt
03-18-2012, 04:28 AM
can't figure out how this is even possible. the upgrades seem random. and once the ball gets going it's too fast to keep up with both. plus the game randomly loses your touch so your bar just doesn't move which results in death. someone who has got this after the patch of the glitch let me know your strategy. thx alot to anyone who helps.

FroZeNSouL
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Also need this and Double Time.
As its random powerup and not always the same block, seems completely luck based.
And you also need to worry about timing as the powers run out!
And as U apparently shouldn't upgade ball damage you could b smashing the same block for ages till another double or speed ball comes out!
And now the invincible glitch doesn't work either!!
Really starting to regret this. Roadmap needs to be changed.

mehateme
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Here is how i did it.

Start new game. ONLY upgrade growth! When you get to level 6 , the one where you also gets handfree. Just keep playing that level untill you get 3 threat. Because the balls never comes down :)

ThreeLeggedRace
04-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Huge thanks to mehateme, if you're also in need of double this is a great option just remember that the speed ball must be picked up after the multi-ball.

yamayamayaamaa
04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
^ THIS ^

Thank you mehateme!

DO NOT follow the achievement guide. Stage 4 is like the most annoying stage ever and I couldn't get anything done in that stage. Stage 6 is the best stage for the two item achievements and also a good stage to get 1 million points. Just shoot the ball inside, let it break a bunch of stuff then back out, continue, and repeat until you have 1 million points.

FroZeNSouL
04-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Can confirm above.
Took me over 20trys and was about to say screw it when got 2 doubles and then also speed ball in 1 go.
FINALY!

Arsenic 17
06-08-2012, 05:47 PM
managed to get triple threat in regular playing...just remember all you have to do it get the three balls...you dont have to keep them going. i got the first multiball then saw another one and completely disregarded the two balls and went for the second power up. One of my two balls split just before going to death, and all three balls quickly died...way less than a second after getting the second multiball.

I went back to stage 6 with all my upgrades (except Ion Ball and Hit power) and got double time on about the sixth try. It is luck based but just keep at it. Also if you did not get a million points on your first playthrough...this is a great spot as you can get nearly 100,000 per near-completion of Level 6...so theoretically if you dont die, which it is fairly hard to die on this one, you can get 1 million in just about 10 attempts which is about 15 minutes of your time. Cheers